Post a reply

Re: Journeymen...

Postby Bourne

Cope's progressing at least, used the PTC system to his advantage and forced his way quite easily into the top-16 at last and a Masters semi <ok>

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:Cope's progressing at least, used the PTC system to his advantage and forced his way quite easily into the top-16 at last and a Masters semi <ok>

Cope didnt force his way into the top 16 easily at all :no:

He got in at the start of the season thanks to Higgins ban <ok>

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:Cope's progressing at least, used the PTC system to his advantage and forced his way quite easily into the top-16 at last and a Masters semi <ok>

Cope didnt force his way into the top 16 easily at all :santa:

Under the old system would he have got in and if not, where would Higgins have come back ? He didn't just get in he's managed to maintain his position, not just a fleeting visit <ok>

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Cope didnt force his way into the top 16 easily at all :santa:

Under the old system would he have got in and if not, where would Higgins have come back ? He didn't just get in he's managed to maintain his position, not just a fleeting visit <ok>

Under the old system he would have got into the tournaments as 16th seed that Higgins missed but then when Higgins returned, he would have been back into the final qualifying round until the end of this season.

Its hard to imagine now that if the old system had been in place then Day, Wenbo and King wouldnt be involved in the qualifying but Cope, Ebdon and Walden would :scared:

Postby Bourne

Walden's really done so little i'm surprised he's still 15th tbh, wins a ranker a couple of years ago and couldn't build on it straight away but then just when he seems to quieten down, he creeps up there almost un-noticed.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Walden's really done so little i'm surprised he's still 15th tbh, wins a ranker a couple of years ago and couldn't build on it straight away but then just when he seems to quieten down, he creeps up there almost un-noticed.

Yeah, what has Walden done since then? I can't remember him doing anything much. He must've had a good run in a couple of tournaments to be still there, but damned if I can remember which tournaments they were.