Post a reply

Where should I play??

Postby gallantrabbit

Gallant here. I'm going to be between Gloucester and London the next couple of weeks stick in hand and have been thinking about where I should play. I'm thinking of doing a bit of coaching at Paul Mounts, I guess there's a Riley's in Gloucester too. The main problem is in London. I think I'm right in saying that very sadly the Professional Club in Seven Sisters road (the home of many a terrific player - Karl Burrows Jason Greaves and the like) has shut down..
I've got King's Cross where I used to play a lot but haven't been too chuffed with their attitude the last couple of times I've been over, and I think it's gone all glitzy and American Pooly - yuk, Archway is long gone.
Any other suggestions for the smoke. I don't have more than 4/5 days in London but would welcome any decent suggestions.
Feel like a foreigner in me own city...
Cheers all!

Re: Where should I play??

Postby gallantrabbit

Well I'd just like to thank everyone for taking their time over their replies. I think I'll do an initial screening of the top 50 suggestions and then a more detailed filtering to get down to the worthiest options. :mood:

Postby randam05

Sorry..urmmm theres a rileys in pretty much every big town or city?

And I would definitley reccommend visiting the SouthWestSnookerAcademy for sure! Its excellent there, so definitley worth visiting. It is £10 per hour to practice, but certainly worth it!

Other than that Im not to sure really.

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:Well I'd just like to thank everyone for taking their time over their replies. I think I'll do an initial screening of the top 50 suggestions and then a more detailed filtering to get down to the worthiest options. :mood:

<laugh> :wave:

Postby Roland

I can't help you with clubs down south I'm afraid :santa:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:If you wanna play English pool (in my garage) you are welcome to pop around. I am just outside Bristol. <cool>

We could play a best of 35 rack challenge match, with the winner pocketing an agreed sum of cash. <ok> :wave:

I challenge you. Should you win, you pocket 50 whole pence. If I win, I get your most recent paycheque. :bowdown:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:If you wanna play English pool (in my garage) you are welcome to pop around. I am just outside Bristol. <cool>

We could play a best of 35 rack challenge match, with the winner pocketing an agreed sum of cash. <ok> :wave:

I challenge you. Should you win, you pocket 50 whole pence. If I win, I get your most recent paycheque. :bowdown:

Let me think that one over :redneck: