Post a reply

Re: Best young talents in the game?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Yes a good topic and good read. Well done Witz for setting the record straight.

what record straight.

at this moment in time judd is a overhyped nobody if and very doubtful he reaches Robbos standing then he has a point until then he and you have to live with the fact Judd Trump is a big disapointment of a player SO FAR.

Witz,bourne or donald duck can dress it up how they want thats the cold hard facts <ok>

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:Wild and other Trump haters,

read the following before yous claim Trump has done nothing in his career and has missed the boat.................

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neil Robertson was 21 and 9 month when he won the Masters Qualifying event

TRUMP was 19 and 2 month when he won it <ok>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neil Robertson was 22 and 3 months before he made it into the top 32

TRUMP was 19 and 9 months when he made it into the top 32 <ok>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neil Robertson was 23 and 2 months before he played at the Crucible

TRUMP was 17 and 8 months when he made his Crucible debut :clap:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neil Robertson was 23 and 10 months before he reached a ranking QF

TRUMP was 19 and 2 months when he first reached a ranking QF <ok>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neil Robertson was 24 and 3 months before he made it into the top 16

TRUMP will be in the top 16 before Robbo providing he gets there by the start of 2013/14 :no:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neil Robertson was 25 and 7 months when he first played in the Premier League

TRUMP was 20 and 1 month when he first played in the Premier League <ok>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neil Robertson was 28 and 3 months before he won the World Championship

TRUMP has 7 more attempts to win the World Championship at a younger age than Robbo :clap:

witz to compare 2 players is irrelevant as all player develop at different rates

and robbo and trump are poles apart in development and how they have adapted on tour

robbo openly admits he struggled to settle for years in england where as trump has been based in his home country so hasnt had these issues thats why to compare both is rather meaningless.

Trump will be top 16 soon bu whether he gets as successful as robbo depends on trumps work ethic and motivation for the game <ok> :wave:

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:Yes a good topic and good read. Well done Witz for setting the record straight.

what record straight.

at this moment in time judd is a overhyped nobody if and very doubtful he reaches Robbos standing then he has a point until then he and you have to live with the fact Judd Trump is a big disapointment of a player SO FAR.

Witz,bourne or donald duck can dress it up how they want thats the cold hard facts <ok>

bullocks, they're all 'overhyped' then because none of them have achieved that much RELATIVELY SPEAKING in the game but we're talking about what they can do in the game in the FUTURE because your Higgins'/O'Sullivan's/Williams' won't be around forever so we have to look forward.

So whichever way you look at it, JT has achieved THE MOST by a long way of these players, so you can't dismiss him. What happens in the future, no-one knows but atm JT is in prime position and that's just fact. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

what record straight.

bullocks, they're all 'overhyped' then because none of them have achieved that much RELATIVELY SPEAKING in the game but we're talking about what they can do in the game in the FUTURE because your Higgins'/O'Sullivan's/Williams' won't be around forever so we have to look forward.

So whichever way you look at it, JT has achieved THE MOST by a long way of these players, so you can't dismiss him. What happens in the future, no-one knows but atm JT is in prime position and that's just fact. <ok>

hes been on tour longest ffs it would be unbelievable if they had been more succesfull <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

Postby Bourne

He may well not turn out to be a better/more successful player than Robbo and quite frankly, neither will 95%+ players to have played the pro game, but it does put things in perspective considering how many people have so easily written JT off at 21 years of bucking age <doh>

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:He may well not turn out to be a better/more successful player than Robbo and quite frankly, neither will 95%+ players to have played the pro game, but it does put things in perspective considering how many people have so easily written JT off at 21 years of bucking age <doh>

i hope the kid does well and my comment i hope doesnt come accross as trump bashing

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

what record straight.

tezzies, they're all 'overhyped' then because none of them have achieved that much RELATIVELY SPEAKING in the game but we're talking about what they can do in the game in the FUTURE because your Higgins'/O'Sullivan's/Williams' won't be around forever so we have to look forward.

hes been on tour longest ffs it would be unbelievable if they had been more succesfull <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

JT was achieving big things at a younger age than some of the players on this list are now, who have done next to nothing :bird:

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:

read the following before yous claim Trump has done nothing in his career and has missed the boat.................

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRUMP will be in the top 16 before Robbo providing he gets there by the start of 2013/14 :no:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRUMP has 7 more attempts to win the World Championship at a younger age than Robbo :clap:

witz to compare 2 players is irrelevant as all player develop at different rates

and robbo and trump are poles apart in development and how they have adapted on tour

robbo openly admits he struggled to settle for years in england where as trump has been based in his home country so hasnt had these issues thats why to compare both is rather meaningless.

Trump will be top 16 soon bu whether he gets as successful as robbo depends on trumps work ethic and motivation for the game <ok> :wave:

GJ,

the comparison here wasnt specifically a Robbo v Trump direct comparison

it was using the current WC as an example that proves that Trumps progress or lack of progress as perceived by some, isnt half as bad as some make out, and that theres plenty of time for Trump to improve and establish himself in the elite then start looking to win events

As Robbo has proven, just cos you arent winning lots of things in your early 20s like Hendry did, it doesnt mean to say your career is destined for one as a journeyman.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:

GJ,

the comparison here wasnt specifically a Robbo v Trump direct comparison

it was using the current WC as an example that proves that Trumps progress or lack of progress as perceived by some, isnt half as bad as some make out, and that theres plenty of time for Trump to improve and establish himself in the elite then start looking to win events

As Robbo has proven, just cos you arent winning lots of things in your early 20s like Hendry did, it doesnt mean to say your career is destined for one as a journeyman.

Totally agree witz

as is aid if trump works hard and keepshimslef motivated he is well eahd of current top 16 players liek cope and walden so trump will be contending soon enough but its up to him and the work he puts in and motivation he has

Postby Bourne

If Judd isn't making at least a R16 at either Beijing or Sheffield then i'll be worried.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:Horrible rumours sweeping the net and news channels that Gaddafi has been shot dead.

PLEASE DONT BE TRUE!!!

is it has reliable as your dennis taylor death rumour

:? :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:He may well not turn out to be a better/more successful player than Robbo and quite frankly, neither will 95%+ players to have played the pro game, but it does put things in perspective considering how many people have so easily written JT off at 21 years of bucking age <doh>

i want something to go on and 6 years on ive had zilch i hope im wrong but ive seen nothing to suggest i am.

Postby Tubberlad

Witz78 wrote:Horrible rumours sweeping the net and news channels that Gaddafi has been shot dead.

PLEASE DONT BE TRUE!!!

Controversial must be your middle name...

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:He may well not turn out to be a better/more successful player than Robbo and quite frankly, neither will 95%+ players to have played the pro game, but it does put things in perspective considering how many people have so easily written JT off at 21 years of intercoursing age <doh>

i want something to go on and 6 years on ive had zilch i hope im wrong but ive seen nothing to suggest i am.

Witz's post should have dispelled that by now :huh:

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:

PLEASE DONT BE TRUE!!!

Controversial must be your middle name...

no just pin end <doh>

Postby Bourne

I hope he was shot because I have a virtual bet with someone in a "How will Gaddafi leave office in 2011" market @ 2.6 :D

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

Playing at the Crucible aged 17
Stead rise up the rankings
Grand Prix semi final aged 19
Masters Qualifying Tournament win in 2009
Championship League winner 2010
Making the semi finals of the Premier League aged 20
PTC Winner this season

:john:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

PTC Winner this season

as i said sod all to go on <doh>

those are child's play ffs <ok>

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:He may well not turn out to be a better/more successful player than Robbo and quite frankly, neither will 95%+ players to have played the pro game, but it does put things in perspective considering how many people have so easily written JT off at 21 years of intercoursing age <doh>

PTC Winner this season

as i said sod all to go on <doh>

those are child's play ffs <ok>

You idiot <ok>

Postby Wildey

he mentions PTC

Barry Pinches has won a PTC

He mentions the GP S/F

he had a bye in to the last 16 then perry and Ronnie had nightmare matches and hes only reached one more Last 16 in the next 2 years.

then he mentions the level of tournaments the likes of Bingham been winning for 10 years <doh>

absolute crappy :bs:

Postby Bourne

So if Robbo hasn't won a PTC, that makes him worse than childs play ? <doh>

You have no perspective whatsoever on JT so your opinions on this are void <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:So if Robbo hasn't won a PTC, that makes him worse than childs play ? <doh>

i have perspective thats why i say what hes done not been that good your the one thats dressing it up as this amazing 22 year old yes thats right he is 22 this year with 2 last 16 so far to his name and ONLY won 1 Last 32 match

Postby Tubberlad

Wild, it does come across that you seem to have a really strong dislike for Trump as a player, and I have got to say I find it irrational. Witz showed stats today that suggest Trump is well ahead of where Neil Robertson was at this age, so it's very clear that Trump may not be setting the world alight, but he has potential and has a lot of time to fulfill it. I think you're being too harsh on a good young player. I'm cautious about him, as I have doubts about his temprament, but I would be reasonably hopeful for the lad and am genuinely excited about how he plays the game.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:So if Robbo hasn't won a PTC, that makes him worse than childs play ? <doh>

i have perspective thats why i say what hes done not been that good your the one thats dressing it up as this amazing 22 year old yes thats right he is 22 this year with 2 last 16 so far to his name and ONLY won 1 Last 32 match

I'm not saying it's amazing jeez <doh> I'm saying he's ahead of his peers, you're the one who's making him out to be a cast-iron journeyman but look at his achievements at his age compared with Robbo and think how you might have seen Robbo back then when he was JT's current age.

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:Wild, it does come across that you seem to have a really strong dislike for Trump as a player, and I have got to say I find it irrational. Witz showed stats today that suggest Trump is well ahead of where Neil Robertson was at this age, so it's very clear that Trump may not be setting the world alight, but he has potential and has a lot of time to fulfill it. I think you're being too harsh on a good young player. I'm cautious about him, as I have doubts about his temprament, but I would be reasonably hopeful for the lad and am genuinely excited about how he plays the game.

yes it does come across in that way and its not meant to be but i find also irrational this thought that hes the Next BIG Thing lets see him get consistent Results first we not even got that from him.

at the moment Judd is a Journeyman waiting to happen .....they all start out with the same dream and comparing Judd whos had all the Help he needs From the Game in Britain with a Australian is just plain Stupid.