Post a reply

Re: Best young talents in the game?

Postby Eirebilly

I have sen Brecel play a few times and he is qaulity. He is still very young though (menatlly as well as physically) and therefore prone to having his confidence destroyed if he comes up againts a great player. I would suggest that they protect this young talent for another year or two.

Postby Wildey

paperbackwriter wrote:Where Jack Lisowski can out-do Trump is in actually dominating the game first/more powerfully, surely in the end it comes to that and not to reaching semis or qualifying for the Crucible at a younger age- and no one can say that first he'll have to follow Judd's path step by step (some of it, of course).
I think it may be a little harder for Judd (and take him longer too) to live up to his potential/people's expectations, it often happens when things go smoothly in someone's career, he already achieves impressive things being very young- and it's not only about pressure, actually maybe something opposite sometimes, like feeling that you have the talent and results have to come someday and being sure you have lots of time. On the other hand, when you feel it's your only chance and you need to make the most of it, plus you overcame a lot to get there, it's easier to find the motivation and quickly find yourself at the top. That's why I'd expect Lisowski to make faster progress, be first to develop the right attitude and things like that, although of course I didn't see much of him yet and I can be totally wrong. (Plus I think both will eventually be successful, probably doesn't matter much who'll be first where).

yes win a Ranking tournament first win 2 tournaments reaching quarter finals and semi finals consistently christ with respect theres a never ending pool of things Lisowski can do to out do Judd Trump <ok>

Postby Bourne

In your head wild <ok> But in reality, he's a long way from overtaking anything JT's done or is going to do :D

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:In your head wild <ok> But in reality, he's a long way from overtaking anything JT's done or is going to do :D

but win the PTC Finals he would have overtaken him in 4 days in march <ok>

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:In your head wild <ok> But in reality, he's a long way from overtaking anything JT's done or is going to do :D

but win the PTC Finals he would have overtaken him in 4 days in march <ok>

If if if ! What if JT wins it :D Who's Jack playing ?

Postby Wildey

Andrew Higginson in the last 24 and if he wins then its Mark Selby who he beat in one of the PTC.

Postby Bourne

Advantage SIR Judd of Trumpshire :excited: When would they meet ? I think this is the grudge match that the future of snooker will be seeing a lot of :ahh:

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Advantage SIR Judd of Trumpshire :excited: When would they meet ? I think this is the grudge match that the future of snooker will be seeing a lot of :ahh:

<doh>

Postby SnookerFan

There's this guy having a good season. Jimmy White. I dunno if you've ever heard of him, but he didn't do anything last season or the season before, so he must be a raw rookie.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:There's this guy having a good season. Jimmy White. I dunno if you've ever heard of him, but he didn't do anything last season or the season before, so he must be a raw rookie.

hes a 30years overnight success <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:There's this guy having a good season. Jimmy White. I dunno if you've ever heard of him, but he didn't do anything last season or the season before, so he must be a raw rookie.

hes a 30years overnight success <laugh>

I've predicted him to win in the World Championship subforum. <laugh> Come on Jimmy. Use the Seniors title as a springboard. :ba: