Postby Wildey

Rocket_ron wrote:Wild <ok>

hows it in N. Wales tonight

VERY STORMY <ok>

rofl

Re: Well done John Higgins

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Good luck to you Craid if you want to waste, sorry spend your time collating all these stats and stuff but at the end of the day you aint gonna prove a thing.

Everyones had their say and provided their evidence on the GOAT debate hundreds of times over the years, and as this thread show, agreement still is and never will be reached.

said the king of wasted hours collecting useless stats that has proved nothing and never will <doh> <ok>

Well Wild, would like to announce my retirement from professional snooker stats debates, I don’t want to be part of a cartel. I don’t want to be part of a debate where there are slush funds for everybody. If Derek Jameson, for instance, can leave the News of the World and go to Sky TV there has to be a place for me in this life. There are an awful lot of people running about this world who put their kids through certain schools, feeder schools, grammar schools, and you get absolute tossers compiling stats for no money, well, I don’t really want to be part of it¦ You can shove snooker stats up your jacksie, I’m not doing them no more and it’s not sour grapes, nothing, it’s the truth¦ I wish Cecil Parkinson and Maggie Thatcher would do a probe into snooker stats, then we would find out the real truth. The Witz78 doesn’t want to be part of this tripe, no disrespect to northern people because I like tripe! I’m not going to break the cue because I like the cue, but it is a corrupt stats debate¦ Rock on Tommy”

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Good luck to you Craid if you want to waste, sorry spend your time collating all these stats and stuff but at the end of the day you aint gonna prove a thing.

Everyones had their say and provided their evidence on the GOAT debate hundreds of times over the years, and as this thread show, agreement still is and never will be reached.

said the king of wasted hours collecting useless stats that has proved nothing and never will <doh> <ok>

Well Wild, would like to announce my retirement from professional snooker stats debates, I don’t want to be part of a cartel. I don’t want to be part of a debate where there are slush funds for everybody. If Derek Jameson, for instance, can leave the News of the World and go to Sky TV there has to be a place for me in this life. There are an awful lot of people running about this world who put their kids through certain schools, feeder schools, grammar schools, and you get absolute tossers compiling stats for no money, well, I don’t really want to be part of it¦ You can shove snooker stats up your jacksie, I’m not doing them no more and it’s not sour grapes, nothing, it’s the truth¦ I wish Cecil Parkinson and Maggie Thatcher would do a probe into snooker stats, then we would find out the real truth. The Witz78 doesn’t want to be part of this tripe, no disrespect to northern people because I like tripe! I’m not going to break the cue because I like the cue, but it is a corrupt stats debate¦ Rock on Tommy”

<ok>
<laugh> <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Rocket_ron wrote:will john get 5 more to equal steven davis on 28?

I really think he can to be honest.

There was an article discussing this in the Welsh Open programme. (Only £3 from the World Snooker merchandise stand. <ok> ) Higgins was quoted as saying he thought he could get up to 28, because he had a good few years left in him. Who would argue?

But he put Hendry and Davis ahead of himself in the ATG lists, because of the world title wins, that he didn't think he'd equal.