Post a reply

Re: Jack Lisowski

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:Judd Trump doesn't look as self assured as Lisowski.

<ok>

what i will say about Jack when i saw him in the Gloucester EPTC he had a more balanced game and did refuse a some long pots in favour of a good safety. yesterday he did go hell for leather after most pots and fair play got most but i think he just got carried away in the moment.

he shares a house with Trump lets hope Trump's bad habits not rubbing off on him :redneck:

Judd was beating O'Sullivan in a ranking quarter-final at the age of 19 and has since gone onto win 3 good quality tournaments and continues to progress up the game, as well as qualifying for a World Championship at only 17, so there's no doubt Jack has a lot to live up to if he wants to be even considered a wannabe of JT <ok>

mate anyone who watched that Ronnie beat himself...

Higgins should have been beaten yesterday but wasn't, SOME KIDS HAVE IT AND SOME JUST DON'T I'M AFRAID.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote: <ok>

what i will say about Jack when i saw him in the Gloucester EPTC he had a more balanced game and did refuse a some long pots in favour of a good safety. yesterday he did go hell for leather after most pots and fair play got most but i think he just got carried away in the moment.

he shares a house with Trump lets hope Trump's bad habits not rubbing off on him :redneck:

Judd was beating O'Sullivan in a ranking quarter-final at the age of 19 and has since gone onto win 3 good quality tournaments and continues to progress up the game, as well as qualifying for a World Championship at only 17, so there's no doubt Jack has a lot to live up to if he wants to be even considered a wannabe of JT <ok>

mate anyone who watched that Ronnie beat himself...

Higgins should have been beaten yesterday but wasn't, SOME KIDS HAVE IT AND SOME JUST DON'T I'M AFRAID.

yes your right

ask Rod Lawler he knows :redneck:

Postby jojo

liked the look of him typical raw player exciting rough round the edges but with experience obviously will get better

he definitely a top four player in the future im sure about that just seemed one of them type of players who likes the big occasion and cameras instead of shying away feeling nervous positive signs

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Could well be the next Judd Trump <ok>

I'm pretty convinced he can actually achieve something.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:Could well be the next Judd Trump <ok>

I'm pretty convinced he can actually achieve something.

I know, big compliment of me to pay to Jack but I think he's up to it <ok> :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

I was at the match in Newport. And I was quite intrigued by it. I'd heard Lisowski had skills, but his first time on telly and at a ranker, I wondered if he'd wilt. But also Higgins just lost his dad, would he be totally focused?

The first frame when Jack won, I was like :eek: but then Higgins rebounded and looked like he'd win with, was it three in a row? But the kid kept on fighting. He missed some shots that a more accomplished pro would not have. Like Sonny said his talent was obviously there, as was his lack of experience. It'll be good experience for the lad. Has he made the PTCs? It'd be good for him to play there, and maybe China. A bit early yet to realistically be talking a Crucible apperance. I wouldn't want him to Joe Delaney it. But he's obviously a very real prospect.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 25 Feb 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

looking at the draw hes had Steve Davis>Stephen Lee he has a genuine chance to play Lee in fact i think he will beat Davis its a case of can he keep it going for 19 frames against Stephen Lee.

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:I was at the match in Newport. And I was quite intrigued by it. I'd heard Lisowski had skills, but his first time on telly and at a ranker, I wondered if he'd wilt. But also Higgins just lost his dad, would he be totally focused.

The first frame when Jack won, I was like :eek: but then Higgins rebounded and looked like he'd win with, was it three in a row? But the kid kept on fighting. He missed some shots that a more accomplished pro would not have. Like Sonny said his talent was obviously there, as was his lack of experience. It'll be good experience for the lad. Has he made the PTCs? It'd be good for him to play there, and maybe China. A bit early yet to realistically be talking a Crucible apperance. I wouldn't want him to Joe Delaney it. But he's obviously a very real prospect.

Yes he's made the PTC Grand Final and he will play Andrew Higginson in his first round match.

Postby Roland

I've just read his column in the new issue of SS mag and he said he was too excited in the Higgins match to be playing him on television and instead of playing his normal game he was going for everything because of the inner feeling of excitement. He also said he was put off knowing that everyone would be watching and judging him and his shot selection and a bit of "I'll show them" crept into his game going for shots he wouldn't normally go for.

He did go for everything didn't he? <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I've just read his column in the new issue of SS mag and he said he was too excited in the Higgins match to be playing him on television and instead of playing his normal game he was going for everything because of the inner feeling of excitement. He also said he was put off knowing that everyone would be watching and judging him and his shot selection and a bit of "I'll show them" crept into his game going for shots he wouldn't normally go for.

He did go for everything didn't he? <laugh>

thats exactly how i felt watching him.

anyone thats seen this kid play knows hes measured in shot selection yes he goes for the odd shots but when i watched him on stream in the EPTC from the SWA he refused shots that he went hell for leather against Higgins and it wasn't the performance i expected from him TBH.

Postby Roland

He is definitely going to be winning rankers before too long

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:He is definitely going to be winning rankers before too long

like OBP

:afro: <ok> :zzz:

Postby Wildey

it will be interesting to see how he will go on in the World Championship Qualifiers next week.

he has Liam Highfield another player on the verge of the top 64 in his first season and Kuldash Johal 7th and 8th of March then if he wins that match he plays a Legend Steve Davis in Round 4 10th of march.

i fancy him to get through those 2 matches although Steve will not make it easy for him but then the Real test will be against Stephen Lee in the who will get to the Crucible match on Sunday 13th of March.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Lisowski is still a young lad and has already qualified for a major, and could of well beaten Higgins, his World Championship qualifying task is hard though. Would love to see him get through, because his story of his life so far is quite heartbreaking.

Postby Alex0paul

Roland wrote:He is definitely going to be winning rankers before too long

:chin: :shrug:

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Lisowski is on the verge of his breakthrough. It is like the turtle and the hare

Slow and steady wins the race. <ok>

Postby TheSaviour

None.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 16 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Alex0paul

He started the season provisionally off the tour

Postby gallantrabbit

Would love to see him break through this week. Might start smelling the cash too which will drive him on. Good luck to him.

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:Would love to see him break through this week. Might start smelling the cash too which will drive him on. Good luck to him.

Smell the cash.

SMELL IT!

Postby Deewee

Alex0paul wrote:He started the season provisionally off the tour

ProSnookerBlog mentioned the fact then and Lisowski's manager is really banging on about it now. How dare he be factual!