Post a reply

Ronnie and the effect of his dad's release

Postby Sickpotter

IMO his behavior, performances and results are extremely similar to where he was when his father was attending his matches prior to incarceration.

Ronnie himself admitted at one point that his success only came after his father stopped coming to competitions and it looks to me like his form and performances are suffering since his release.

Anyone else thinking the release of his dad is contributing to his slide in the rankings?

Re: Ronnie and the effect of his dad's release

Postby Wildey

Sickpotter wrote:IMO his behavior, performances and results are extremely similar to where he was when his father was attending his matches prior to incarceration.

Ronnie himself admitted at one point that his success only came after his father stopped coming to competitions and it looks to me like his form and performances are suffering since his release.

Anyone else thinking the release of his dad is contributing to his slide in the rankings?

whats contributing to his slide is not playing enough matches but his fathers release is a major factor to why he is not playing in my opinion.

Postby Sickpotter

When arguably the most talented player is seeing a major slump in form and pulling out of events left and right it's worth a discussion.

If you don't like it and have no intelligent response then just don't comment. You two should be above such childish responses, they do the board no good. Leave that mentality at 606 please/thank you.

Postby Witz78

Sickpotter wrote:When arguably the most talented player is seeing a major slump in form and pulling out of events left and right it's worth a discussion.

If you don't like it and have no intelligent response then just don't comment. You two should be above such childish responses, they do the board no good. Leave that mentality at 606 please/thank you.

yeh it annoys me too why if people have nothing to say on a topic they still cant help but post on it slagging off the thread. <doh>

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:When arguably the most talented player is seeing a major slump in form and pulling out of events left and right it's worth a discussion.

yeh it annoys me too why if people have nothing to say on a topic they still cant help but post on it slagging off the thread. <doh>

coming from the poster who is continually involved in slagging matches with wild which results in threads being hyjacked in to a wild and witz circus act

HYPOCRITE :redneck: <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Maybe this is the wrong thread to point this out, but almost every thread on this board now is either about Ronnie, or is hi-jacked an to be about Ronnie. But, you must admit, all we hear nowadays is Ronnie. Is Ronnie annoying? Should Ronnie be playing? What's Ronnie doing with his kids? What's caused the downturn in Ronnie's form? What's Ronnie doing with his kids? Are his kids going to become players? What's with his kids? :roll: <laugh>

My serious answer to this thread is that now he's a single father, and his dad is finally out, I think he just isn't interested any more. Not that he was always very interested anyway. I think he's as serious as he's ever been about retiring. Whether that means he'll actually retire, or get his fire back after a few months out is only for him to know, but it's undoubtedly affected his desire to play a game he was never that passionate about anyway. <ok>

Postby Roland

Witz78 wrote:

Absolutely. If you're not interested in a topic, don't post it. Simple as that.

Postby gallantrabbit

I thought snr's release might galvanize jr but there's a lot of emotion going on there about wasted years etc. Jr is a very contrary character and armed with the fact that he really doesn't need snooker and can actually do exactly what he wants every day he's quite happy to sit and challenge any authority that shows it's face.
It's a shame because Ronnie buzzing and behind Hearn in anything he did would be a huge boost for the resurrgence of snooker. Hold not yee breath though..