Post a reply

Century Records

Postby N_Castle07

With more and more events now it is looking more realistic Hendry’s century records are going to be broken. He currently holds the following records,
Most competitive centuries (753)
Most centuries in a match (7)
Most centuries in one season (53)
Selby is on (38?) tons now with plenty more events to play in, Welsh Open, China Open, PTC Finals and Worlds. It is very possible Selby will break the most centuries in one season this year. If he fails there are even more events next year and the likes of Selby/Murphy/Robbo will surely break Hendry’s record.
The 7 ton’s Hendry made in the UK Championship final will take some beating and I think it would take a special player to ever break that one.
Ask for the most centuries made I believe Hendry will hold on to this one for along along time, but I do believe it is not impossible for this to be broken too. Ronnie is about 130 tons away from the record and judging by current events I would say it is unlikely he will break Hendry’s record unless he changes his attitude towards entering events. For me I think the main contender for this record is Ding . Your thoughts.

Re: Century Records

Postby Eirebilly

Records are made to be broken so yes, 1 day i feel that all of Hendry's ton records will be broken. That said, i still feel that it will be a while before all of them are, especially the 7 tons in a match record.

Postby N_Castle07

Eirebilly wrote:Records are made to be broken so yes, 1 day i feel that all of Hendry's ton records will be broken. That said, i still feel that it will be a while before all of them are, especially the 7 tons in a match record.

Agreed <ok> I think the 7 tons in one match is Hendry's safest record.

I forgot to add his record of most tons in one event which was 18 i think in the 2002 Worlds.

Postby Wildey

Selby needs another 15 to Reach 53 in 5 Tournaments at 3 per tournament.

its not impossible but he made just 1 at the German Masters and he made the Final so where at one point he looked like Shattering it cant see that Happening now.

Hendry made 16 in 2002 beating the previous Record of 14 by John Higgins in 1998.

Postby Roland

I think the 7 centuries in a match is the one most likely to get broken, however to safeguard it they need to reduce the formats to limit the chances of it happening. After all Ronnie got 5 centuries in a best of 9 including a 147 and Liang Wenbo nearly topped that feat with a 147 and two 139s as well as a further century in a best of 9. You can't tell me neither of those two wouldn't have scored at least another couple of centuries each had they been playing in a best of 19 which is what Hendry was playing in when he made those 7.

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote::zzz:

<laugh>

Postby GJ

Smart wrote::zzz:

:zzz:

Postby randam05

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote: