Post a reply

Re: Who do people think the...

Postby GJ

Most over rated at the moment boring dullard ant hamilton

Postby Wildey

theres different ways to look at being overated.

John Higgins since his Ban has won 2 Ranking Events,a PTC and last week invitational in china and i hear people saying hes been amazing playing unbelievable stuff...

Fact is he isnt for whatever reason so many players have frozen playing him and hes won without having to play that well.

im not calling John Overated however how some people have comented on his play have been OTT and Overating how hes Actually been playing.

i know hes had a tough time and the fact hes won at all is testimony to the champion he is but his actuall play has been Avarage despite winning all thoes Tournaments.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Average <doh>

YES

nothing special

Postby Bourne

You might want to ddlve a little deeper into your cranium for answers as to why he's been so hard to beat since Nov... and it certainly isn't because he's been 'average' :roll: ask any player who he's beaten.

Postby vodkadiet

Most overrated at present are Trump, Cope, Wenbo, and Selt

Underrated are Dott, Campbell, Harold, and McLeod.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:You might want to ddlve a little deeper into your cranium for answers as to why he's been so hard to beat since Nov... and it certainly isn't because he's been 'average' :roll: ask any player who he's beaten.

Cant give you that answer because i wasent any of the players but ffs hes hardly been on fire hes made plenty of mistakes even safety mistakes and yet nobody been able to put him away.

in some matches yes hes played very well but in others hes been poor and still win.

all im saying is at the moment people looking at his results and thinking he is unbeatable or close to that but the truth is he hasent looked that player in the matches but hes getting the results.

he is nowhere near the player that won the World Championship in 2009 that was awsome stuff but hes having more success now than he was during that period.

Postby SnookerFan

It's an interesting point that people keep saying Ronnie. I think he's every bit the genius people say he is, he just doesn't have the mental strength or desire Hendry did. He'll never be as consistent as some. But surely, that's something we all know already?

Is it just because the commentators cream themselves every time he comes out, and you get divvy internet fanboys? Or are there other reasons.

Postby randam05

Sonny wrote:over - Ronnie
under - Higgins

I think higgins is better than people making out at the moment.

Postby Bourne

I can get the accusation of Higgins being overrated, but to call him 'average' since he's returned from his ban is just plain right insulting. Sure there's been matches where he's not been at his best but he's only human, it's no fluke he keeps on winning tight match after tight match

Postby vodkadiet

Overrated: Wild, Bourne, Smart.

Underated: Sonny, GJ, AlexOPaul.

:wave:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:It's an interesting point that people keep saying Ronnie. I think he's every bit the genius people say he is, he just doesn't have the mental strength or desire Hendry did. He'll never be as consistent as some. But surely, that's something we all know already?

Is it just because the commentators cream themselves every time he comes out, and you get divvy internet fanboys? Or are there other reasons.

i think Hendry has underachieved to some extent.

there was times during his peak years where if he wasn't winning frames with a century or a bigish break he wasn't interested.....if he was interested in scrappy frames he would have won so much more than he has.

Postby Bourne

vodkadiet wrote:Overrated: Wild, Bourne, Smart.

Underated: Sonny, GJ, AlexOPaul.

:wave:

If you think i'm the Judd Trump of snooker forums, i'll take that :afro:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:I can get the accusation of Higgins being overrated, but to call him 'average' since he's returned from his ban is just plain right insulting. Sure there's been matches where he's not been at his best but he's only human, it's no fluke he keeps on winning tight match after tight match

whats insulting about being honest.

ive said hes not played well and other players should take a look at their own game as to why hes won.

its a achievement wining but hes not played fantastically well to do so.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:I can get the accusation of Higgins being overrated, but to call him 'average' since he's returned from his ban is just plain right insulting. Sure there's been matches where he's not been at his best but he's only human, it's no fluke he keeps on winning tight match after tight match

ive said hes not played well and other players should take a look at their own game as to why hes won.

It's not being honest, it's being critical for critical's sake. Snooker is more than just about potting balls mate, you have to have it upstairs as well to consistently achieve at the top.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

It's not being honest, it's being critical for critical's sake. Snooker is more than just about potting balls mate, you have to have it upstairs as well to consistently achieve at the top.

OK Then

other players hes played are mentally rubbish to allow him to win consistantly playing average stuff <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:You're easy to spot when you're telling porkies :wave:

im serious.

Postby Tubberlad

I think Higgins should be praised for winning so many matches without being at his best. He certainly hasn't been 'average' but I've honestly seen him play a lot better <ok>

Postby GJ

he hasnt playrd the world champion yet since his return and higgisn was on top form when the world champion beat him in 2009 grand prix

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:he hasnt playrd the world champion yet since his return and higgisn was on top form when the world champion beat him in 2009 grand prix

That was a great one.

He's certainly the best player in the world right now, and he's going to take the World Title in my opinion. Whoever does manage to beat him in the event of Higgins not taking the title will probably go on to take the title themselves. I think Williams is the most likely candidate.

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:I think Higgins should be praised for winning so many matches without being at his best. He certainly hasn't been 'average' but I've honestly seen him play a lot better <ok>

yes i praise him but criticize other players they have buckled Mark Williams included and as for maguire in wales he might as well have been on paternity leave that day.

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:I think Higgins should be praised for winning so many matches without being at his best. He certainly hasn't been 'average' but I've honestly seen him play a lot better <ok>

yes i praise him but criticize other players they have buckled Mark Williams included and as for maguire in wales he might as well have been on paternity leave that day.

<laugh>

Williams is by far the most likely to beat him over a long distance match in my opinion...

Postby GJ

he will just choke like uk final the world champion is the only man to beat higgins in the worlds

Postby GJ

Rocket_ron wrote:
GJ wrote:he will just choke like uk final the world champion is the only man to beat higgins in the worlds

:chin:

williams will choke like uk final :D