Post a reply

Re: O' Sullivan...is anyone getting annoyed by him now?

Postby Tubberlad

Sickpotter wrote:It's a shame because he's still a big draw for the game but at least he's working hard at changing that. Soon no one will buy tickets in advance for any of his matches, he'll cease to be the big draw in the game and we can move on to the next talent.

Interesting point this.

O'Sullivan cold never be accused of being a model of professionalism. But of late, his withdrawal from events have become more and more frequent, and I can only imagine how many fans he has frustrated. How long before they turn their backs altogether?

The question is, where is the next bright young box office hit? Where is the player that's going to blow everyone away with the way he plays?

Snooker is bigger than one player, will never die and I'll continue to love it no matter what, but I think the game is always going to need a Higgins, O'Sullivan or White to keep the fans on the edge of their seats. We are facing into a very bright period, but I struggle to see the next man to keep the public eyes transfixed on our game.

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:His interviews are always the same with annoying bull that comes from his mouth.

Can never have the decency to attend tournaments or appreciate his fans support.

Was watching a program called top 100 most annoying people of 2010 and he actually came 63rd on there! was funny.

Im just getting slightly annoyed and bored actually of him and his actions. Dont get me wrong he is still great when in full flow putting all his concentration into the game.

Opinions...

You really want my opinion? <laugh> I'll probably get criticised for my opinon on the matter, but here it is...

I've always been annoyed by him. I saw some of the show you refer to, and just turned on it time to catch Ronnie's mention, and still say he shoud be higher then he is. I've never been a Ronnie fan, and I never will. That's not to say I am an extreme hater, I'm not. Credit where it's due. And I won't criticise something he does, just for the sake of it. I agree with Monique. The criticism of his pulling out of the Championship League is a bit over the top. It's a qualifying tournament for a tournament he automatically qualifies for. If anything, it was a bit of a mystery why he entered anyway. And, I hadn't even realised Mark Allen had pulled out. Which I think indicates; a) This tournament isn't that big a deal and b) However much I dislike Ronnie, there are people that are willing to complain about him for no reason. These people are equally as annoying as people who say he is beyond criticism just because he happens to be the best player out there.

Saying that, pointing out that Ronnie gets in the papers more because he's such a big name player, and Mark Allen leaves this tournament to deafening silence are somewhat simplistic notions. We're talking about Ronnie. A guy who during his career has assaulted referees, has walked out on a match that people have brought tickets to watch him play in due to the fact he is losing, has attended press conferences whereby he has spent the whole time talking about his penis and laughing about it, has almost refused to pot a black in a 147 to make a point about the lack of prize money on offer for it (despite the fact that there are more opportunities for all players to earn money this season), has attended press conferences to promote snooker events only to have himself quoted as saying the number one tournament in the sport is boring etc.... :roll:

I do hate this "Poor old Ronnie, why can't we leave him alone?" attitude. I'm surprised we haven't got some camp blonde guy online going; "How bucking dare you? He's been through so much..." (Remember him? <laugh> ) But I really don't understand, how even the most ardent fans of the man cannot understand why people would dislike his personality. He acts like such a bucking div most of the time. I can enjoy watching him play. Ronnie vs Higgins is my favourite rivalry of all time. But Ronnie, unlike fellow serial annoyance Murphy, can annoy you half way through a game. (For example, conceeding with 13 reds on the table.) At least Murphy plays the game, and has the decency to refrain from being annoying until the interviews after. That way you can watch the game, and turn him off.

Postby wheelsofsteel

vodkadiet wrote:If Hearn puts on Power Snooker every weekend with the same prize fund as before you will suddenly find Ronnie is available every weekend.

Power Snooker on every weekend. Lucky if you see it agan with the losses it made from the first one

Postby SnookerFan

wheelsofsteel wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:If Hearn puts on Power Snooker every weekend with the same prize fund as before you will suddenly find Ronnie is available every weekend.

Power Snooker on every weekend. Lucky if you see it agan with the losses it made from the first one

I didn't know it had made a loss. :huh2:

Postby Eirebilly

wheelsofsteel wrote:

It did make a loss but most new disciplines of a sport make losses early until the public become more interested.

Postby Wildey

Eirebilly wrote:
wheelsofsteel wrote:

It did make a loss but most new disciplines of a sport make losses early until the public become more interested.

yes but with that it will make more loss the second time.

people who would give it a try wont be back. its doomed if there's anything that will suffer on the back of the shoot-out its that.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Eirebilly wrote:
wheelsofsteel wrote:

people who would give it a try wont be back. its doomed if there's anything that will suffer on the back of the shoot-out its that.

Roughly translated this means Wild hated Power Snooker and doesnt want to see it return <doh>

Postby Roland

The perception of Power Snooker needs to change. I maintain that it's a good game in itself. It shouldn't be compared to, nor feel threatened by, normal snooker.

People thought the rules were too complicated. Well it was certainly harder for the refs to keep score but in this day and age and with the computerised nature of Power Snooker you'd think there would be a system where the scores update automatically and the ref can read them out if they're not sure. But the rules were a piece of snake hiss once you learnt them. How many times do you watch a new sport and not know the rules straight off and go "this is too complicated, this is therefore rubbish" when you don't understand it? I know some people are like that, but I'm one of those who wants to know the rules so I can understand why people are watching.

Anyway, I did read somewhere that it will be back so good luck to them.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
Eirebilly wrote:
wheelsofsteel wrote:

Roughly translated this means Wild hated Power Snooker and doesnt want to see it return <doh>

i dont know.

i really dont because i hardly saw none of it the ITV Production was inadequate and was a turn off before it started to be honest...

plus the rules was to messy and confusing when i read them prior to the event and then even the refs cocked them up mid match.

if it comes back it will never come back looking like it did on that sad day in October there will have to be major tweeks on all counts.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
Eirebilly wrote:

i dont know.

i really dont because i hardly saw none of it the ITV Production was inadequate and was a turn off before it started to be honest...

plus the rules was to messy and confusing when i read them prior to the event and then even the refs cocked them up mid match.

if it comes back it will never come back looking like it did on that sad day in October there will have to be major tweeks on all counts.

i liked the set up <ok>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:Image

well they might aswell stayed at home <doh>

plus what ive found from going to the snooker lately is now that they show the tv view of the table on the tv screens above the table, half the crowd seem to always be looking up at them for a better view rather than actually wathcing the action in front of them :chin:

Postby Wildey

i think the TV is important at a venue to give the audience idea of angles, if balls pass etc and it adds to it but you want to be able to see the table surely not just players baboons shiny behinds from a worm eye view..

i just did not like that set up at all.

Postby GJ

ronald isnt half as annoying as that brainless mug jimmy white

shot clok at crucible

BRAINLESS MORON :tvrky: <doh>

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:ronald isnt half as annoying as that brainless mug jimmy white

shot clok at crucible

wont matter to him anyway he will only be there to watch from now on. :rude:

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

shot clok at crucible

wont matter to him anyway he will only be there to watch from now on. :rude:

he made the UK so theres no reason why he cant make Sheffield. <ok>

he excels in the traditional LONG formats ;)

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

shot clok at crucible

did Jimmy actually say that ? :chin:

evidence please :no:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/1 ... hot-shots/

thats the knee jerk Hendon was talking about.

and my god nobody jurked as hard outside of rochdale than Jimmy did last few days.

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:witz

thoughts

have just read it guys and heres my initial thoughts.

Jimmy is Jimmy and i know how enthusiastic he is about this new format but i believe he has either been misquoted, had it taken out of context or hes been snake hissed talking to a reporter. Or he may have just said it for publicity purposes to get his name in the paper.

I dont honestly think he would want that exact format at Sheffield but i do believe he wants Hearn to replocate the undoubted success and elements of the Shootout into either an expansion of more Shootout events or a ranker based on the Shootout principles.

From my point of view, this event was a far greater success than anyone could have imagined and i think it would be a missed opportunity not to expand upon it instead of just leaving it as "a one off fun weekend every year"

Postby Wildey

yes funny how you can say stuff you dont meen in the right context.

or when snake hissed you will say anything ...

mmmmmm these newspaper journalists are sneeky little chameleons aren't they <ok>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:yes funny how you can say stuff you dont meen in the right context.

or when snake hissed you will say anything ...

mmmmmm these newspaper journalists are sneeky little chameleons aren't they <ok>

rofl

HE didnt report it to Hearn when he got back from Russia - END OF <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

Jimmy White has become an embarrassment. He could play great snooker years ago but he is now punch drunk from the amount of times people have asked him "When will you become world champion?"

Postby Monique

vodkadiet wrote:Jimmy White has become an embarrassment. He could play great snooker years ago but he is now punch drunk from the amount of times people have asked him "When will you become world champion?"

Jimmy is a proper snooker hero, you stupid... he even plays Andy Goldstein between two commenting/presenting/interviewing sessions. Mind you! (and YES I have the evidence!)