Post a reply

Re: O' Sullivan...is anyone getting annoyed by him now?

Postby randam05

Tubberlad wrote:To return to Randam's article, I find his hard core fans and hard core dislikers far more annoying than Ronnie himself

Dont get me wrong I LOVE him when playing well, but his attitude annoys me somewhat. So little people have the talent he has, and hes not grateful of it.. so many people dream to have that natural talent including his fellow proffessionals, who have a much better attitude towards the game, Selby for example.

And I also agree on how much you would love see him win another world title..cause I would love to see that soo much. He deserves a fourth world title and is still capable of it. Hes just being a little 'stubborn' at the moment. :sad:

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:
Monique wrote:Well the CLS has no audience, is not on telly and as the defending champion he doesn't need to qualify for the PL. So I don't see why the fuss this thread is all about. If anything he gives Bingham more opportunities to try and qualify.
BTW Mark Allen has pulled out as well and, not surprisingly for me, this is only triggering a deafening silence on this forum. No comments, move on. As it should be BTW. It's their choice and in Mark's case his loss, because he isn't guaranteed a spot in PL. Maybe he will play in a next group.
As for Berlin and not pre-judging if ROS will pull out or not, if, as it has been reported, he has his kids from Friday till Monday morning, playing on a Tuesday might not be a problem while going into a tournament from Thursday till Sunday might be. And I think it's more honest, and better for the viewers, to pull out rather than trying to lose to be back home asap.
Having said that I hope that he will play.

what happens at the worlds if he is scheduled from thursday till sunday

?

Ronnie to Win the Worlds could play Saturday Sunday Saturday Sunday Saturday Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday.

Mate chancea are it wont be so what will he do then

the schedule wont be set around him

:ahh:

Postby GJ

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:There is only one person Ronnie cares about & thats himself.

abit harsh john maybe he is trying to do a better job as a father than his own sorry excuse for a dad

<ok>

Postby vodkadiet

I think Ronnie is overplaying this father rubbish. This is after all a guy who deserted his first born,only giving maintenance of about £50 a week. Besides lots of fathers cannot see their kids as much as they want because of their job. A friend of mine is in New Zealand working for 3 months and will not see his kids in all that time. Anyway, as if something couldn't be worked out between him and the mother.

He would be better off saying he is a commited Jew on Saturdays, and a commited Christian on Sundays, and therefore cannot play because of religious reasons.

What is the betting that Ronnie will be at the snooker shoot out next week? That should suit his concentration span.

Postby wheelsofsteel

GJ wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:There is only one person Ronnie cares about & thats himself.

abit harsh john maybe he is trying to do a better job as a father than his own sorry excuse for a dad

<ok>

but at least Ronnie always knew where to find his old man

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:A friend of mine

one of your aliases perhaps......................or a real person :)

daniel burke perhaps

<laugh> rofl :wave:

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:
Smart wrote:

rofl rofl rofl

daniel burke :redneck: <laugh>

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:
Smart wrote:

rofl rofl rofl

daniel burke :redneck: <laugh>

What are the odds of Frame & Seif being one and the same :redneck:

Anyway, if Ronnie wants to put his children ahead of the game, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Championship League or your children? Only going to be one winner really, and if I were him I'd do absolutely the same. That goes for exhibitions and lesser tournaments also.

I'd still like to see him give his best though and play the mainstream rankers to the best of his efforts :santa:

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:I think Ronnie is overplaying this father rubbish. This is after all a guy who deserted his first born,only giving maintenance of about £50 a week. Besides lots of fathers cannot see their kids as much as they want because of their job. A friend of mine is in New Zealand working for 3 months and will not see his kids in all that time. Anyway, as if something couldn't be worked out between him and the mother.

He would be better off saying he is a commited Jew on Saturdays, and a commited Christian on Sundays, and therefore cannot play because of religious reasons.

What is the betting that Ronnie will be at the snooker shoot out next week? That should suit his concentration span.

When you in a broken relationship your ex can use the kids as a batering ram against you if you dont see them on a given day its different to working away if the mother is bitter and being awkward.

what im saying it would be better for him and the sport if he just clears the diary and sort that out with solicitors and court instead of messing snooker about.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I think Ronnie is overplaying this father rubbish. This is after all a guy who deserted his first born,only giving maintenance of about £50 a week. Besides lots of fathers cannot see their kids as much as they want because of their job. A friend of mine is in New Zealand working for 3 months and will not see his kids in all that time. Anyway, as if something couldn't be worked out between him and the mother.

When you in a broken relationship your ex can use the kids as a batering ram against you if you dont see them on a given day its different to working away if the mother is bitter and being awkward.

what im saying it would be better for him and the sport if he just clears the diary and sort that out with solicitors and court instead of messing snooker about.

mate sorry sport is sport ronnie is a rich man and should put his children first and snooker a distant second

<ok>

Postby wheelsofsteel

Wild wrote:
wheelsofsteel wrote:
Wild wrote:point is if Ronnie has commitments that dont include snooker at weekends how is he going to be able to give 100% to the sport when he plays.

i feel for him but he or the sport cant go on like this its not fair for anyone things has to get sorted somehow surely.

central contracts - great way to go :john:

well quite clearly Ronnie wont sign thoes anyway because he does have his priorities Right and his decition to pull out is on many ocations dictated elsewhere as he himself has said but that has got to be sorted and not go from tournament to tournament entering then Pulling out...

Take a Stand im not entering until i get things sorted at home.

I'll put him in for a comeback around 2047

Postby vodkadiet

Tubberlad wrote:Absolutely GJ <ok> as I've said above, are you going to pick Championship League over your scarce time with your children? Nope

Ronnie has his kids on weekends allegedly. Championship League is played from Monday to Thursday. <doh>

Funny how Ronnie is always available for Premier League finals weekend and Power Snooker, and I assume he will be around for shoot out weekend.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.....

Boy there are some gullible fans on this forum.

Ronnie's old man has invited you clowns over for drinks tonight. Bring your own bottle! rofl

Postby Tubberlad

Touché on that one, but I still don't see a huge problem with Ronnie's withdrawal from this event. If he did start pulling out of the mainstream rankers I would be disappointed, but as of yet that hasn't happened.

Postby vodkadiet

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Tubberlad wrote: If he did start pulling out of the mainstream rankers I would be disappointed, but as of yet that hasn't happened.

You sure?

He isn't even sure about his own sexuality, so how can he be sure of anything? :selby:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:

mate sorry sport is sport ronnie is a rich man and should put his children first and snooker a distant second

<ok>

sorry but its making snooker a absolute joke having the no 1 draw on posters and hes not at the tournaments.

yes he puts his kids first but weekends dont move they always Saturday and Sunday therefore its pretty simple to organize your season without pulling out last minute.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:

<ok>

sorry but its making snooker a absolute joke having the no 1 draw on posters and hes not at the tournaments.

yes he puts his kids first but weekends dont move they always Saturday and Sunday therefore its pretty simple to organize your season without pulling out last minute.

mate as i said they cant do schedules to work around ronnie and the chances our not all his worlds matches will be on sat or sunday

Postby Tubberlad

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Tubberlad wrote: If he did start pulling out of the mainstream rankers I would be disappointed, but as of yet that hasn't happened.

You sure?

He's pulled out of PTCs, but those events are optional, and he's not exactly alone there. I'll stand by that I've little problem with him withdrawing from the Championship League.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:When you in a broken relationship your ex can use the kids as a batering ram against you if you dont see them on a given day its different to working away if the mother is bitter and being awkward.

<ok>

mate as i said they cant do schedules to work around ronnie and the chances our not all his worlds matches will be on sat or sunday

no but Ronnie can say when hes prepared to Work Saturday and When he is not therefore not enter tournaments instead of pulling out.

it does seem theres absalutly zero flexibility there regarding the kids so why when he pulls out its always last minute ? surely the calender when he has the kids is drawn up for a while with this sort of regimental organized visits.

Postby Wildey

Tubber

Regarding other players we Know why they pulled out cant be arssed to put it bluntly.

with Ronnie theres the Matter of The Kids and its quite Right he puts them first but there has to be better thinking and planning regarding when he sees the kids and when he is in a final who has the kids ???

Postby Wildey

because the picture im getting of jo is the lady aint for turning so when Ronnie made the World Open final weekend where was the children ?

Postby vodkadiet

Wild wrote:because the picture im getting of jo is the lady aint for turning so when Ronnie made the World Open final weekend where was the children ?

You forgot to mention Premier League finals weekend and Power Snooker day.

Postby Sickpotter

I think that if Ronnie wants to spend time with his kids then he should but don't tell me it's not scheduled.

I've a few divorced friends and they know exactly where and when they'll have access to their kids. If they want more access or a different time it has to be negotiated through their lawyer, again well in advance.

Short notice withdrawl from an event is not professional behavior when you're well aware of your personal responsibilities. Citing his kids as his reason doesn't strike me as an honest and true reason, it smacks of an excuse.

I love watching Ronnie play but have always had issues with his professionalism or lack of it. On the up side it's now expected behavior and no longer surprises me.

It's a shame because he's still a big draw for the game but at least he's working hard at changing that. Soon no one will buy tickets in advance for any of his matches, he'll cease to be the big draw in the game and we can move on to the next talent.