Post a reply

Re: O' Sullivan...is anyone getting annoyed by him now?

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:i just dont think hes up to it at the moment....

we cant be critical if he dont turn up to events and then expect him to play fantastic when he plays.

ask ourselves one question would it be better if he had pulled out of the welsh ?

theres something clearly happening in his life thats just not motivating him in his job or career.......we all have them

But the question is: will he come back and play again the snooker we are used to seeing from him?
Higgins had an equally awful season in 2007/08.

Do you think he will come back?

who knows ?

when Steve Davis stoped winning there was never a sign saying "Steve wont win again" Same with Hendry .

you just look back after 5 or 10 years and pin point where is ended.

Postby Bourne

Well enough to win 2 frames, well enough to travel to the venue, well enough to still be playing plenty of exhos :chin: I don't think Ronnie himself made any excuses like that after the defeat, hopefully his fans can follow his lead ...

Postby vodkadiet

Noel wrote:Ron looked ill.

Monique?
You know him better then most here... comment?

=o|

Noel

As usual fanboy number 1 cannot accept that Ronnie is a fading force.

He probably looked ill to you as you couldn't see the tv screen for all the tears in your eyes.

His old man also looks upset by his son's decline.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=leo ... ORM=IDFRIR

<ok>

Postby GJ

Monique wrote:Well if Ronnie is a "fading force" then ... you admit he has been a force ;) You're making progress Frame... :D

shame we cant there has been any progess with a certain mr burke <laugh> :wave:

Postby vodkadiet

Bourne wrote:I don't think even frame could try to justify saying a three-time world champ, 4 time UK champ and Power Snooker champ was never a force :wave:

I agree. I have never said that O'Sullivan wasn't a force, of course he was.

My problem withn him has always been his behaviour, and how he has brought the game into disrepute so many times.

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:
Bourne wrote:I don't think even frame could try to justify saying a three-time world champ, 4 time UK champ and Power Snooker champ was never a force :wave:

My problem withn him has always been his behaviour, and how he has brought the game into disrepute so many times.

frame <ok>

would burke ever say such a fair and balanced coment on hendo
without a hidden agenda

:redneck: <laugh>

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

frame <ok>

without a hidden agenda

GJ

I don't know who Mr Burke is.

I know Noel is a berk, but not aware of Mr Burke.

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:
GJ wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

frame <ok>

without a hidden agenda

GJ

I don't know who Mr Burke is.

I know Noel is a berk, but not aware of Mr Burke.

mr seifer

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:

I agree with you on that point. He's assaulted referees, walked out on matches, talked about his sausage during press conferences, referred to The Crucible as boring, pulled out of tournaments the day before he was scheduled to play. None of these have helped the sport, and yet his fans continue to defend him. <doh>

I've also personally been annoyed by some of his actions such as putting a towel over his head, and playing staredown with the camera when he's not at the table etc. Though I feel those are personal things I find annoyinrather then bringing the game into disrepute.

However, with Ronnie, discussion about him does get somewhat tiresome. There tends to be grade-A haters, that wouldn't say anything good about Ronnie if Ronnie saved their life. Either that, or complete lovers of Ronnie. They go on a rant against anybody who says even the smallest thing about Ronnie. I've seen people say; "Poor shot by Ronnie", and the fan-boys attack, as if you just accused him of some terrible sin. (See the Facebook World Snooker page for some hysterical Ronnie-love. You get people talk of depression, and wanting their world to end, every time he loses.) :roll: Both sides get somewhat tiresome, if you ask me.

Postby Tubberlad

Snookerfan: you've hit the nail on the head. I can't stand out and out haters, but likewise, the Ronnie Jihadists really snake hiss me off also. I'm a fan of Ronnie because of his immense skill, but some of the fan boyism really gets to me on some sides, and I can see why people turn against him. Also, I would agree that some of his behaviour is really embarassing .

Postby Roland

Why can't people just enjoy watching him play and not feel the need to compare him to other players in a GOAT debate all the time?

His actions leave a lot to be desired at times, almost like he has no concept of how he comes across to the snooker public with some of the things he says and does but at the end of the day, I'd rather put up with that and have him around to enjoy his art than not have him around at all.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Why can't people just enjoy watching him play and not feel the need to compare him to other players in a GOAT debate all the time?

His actions leave a lot to be desired at times, almost like he has no concept of how he comes across to the snooker public with some of the things he says and does but at the end of the day, I'd rather put up with that and have him around to enjoy his art than not have him around at all.

but lets face it for 99% of this season he hasent been around and for 0.5% of the time hes been like a artist thats lost his brush :redneck:

Postby Caledonian Craig

Sonny wrote:Why can't people just enjoy watching him play and not feel the need to compare him to other players in a GOAT debate all the time?

I think GOAT debates will always occur when you have two such strongly differing opinions though. We see it going on at the moment in tennis with Federer and Nadal both with their fan bases determined to get one over on the others. In snooker GOAT debates aren't anything new as it used to be Davis or Hendry now it is more Hendry or O'Sullivan. It doesn't help when certain people ram their opinions down your throat or try belittling a players lifetime of achievements based loosely on solely their opinion of what is the strong/weak era. It will always get a reaction from fans of the other player and a lot of it isn't hatred towards Ronnie O'Sullivan more a dislike of his hysterical fans.

As for being annoyed by Ronnie - no I am not just now. Admittedly, have been very annoyed in the past by a serious of OTT remarks/moments he has had which tarnished ones memory of him. Still you cannot deny he is surely the most naturally talented player to ever play the game.

Postby Wildey

Caledonian Craig wrote:

I think GOAT debates will always occur when you have two such strongly differing opinions though. We see it going on at the moment in tennis with Federer and Nadal both with their fan bases determined to get one over on the others. In snooker GOAT debates aren't anything new as it used to be Davis or Hendry now it is more Hendry or O'Sullivan. It doesn't help when certain people ram their opinions down your throat or try belittling a players lifetime of achievements based loosely on solely their opinion of what is the strong/weak era. It will always get a reaction from fans of the other player and a lot of it isn't hatred towards Ronnie O'Sullivan more a dislike of his hysterical fans.

As for being annoyed by Ronnie - no I am not just now. Admittedly, have been very annoyed in the past by a serious of OTT remarks/moments he has had which tarnished ones memory of him. Still you cannot deny he is surely the most naturally talented player to ever play the game.

yes Liverpool is by far the Greatest Football Team England has ever had.

They won when Footballers was Men and a good jucy tackle was the Norm now that the rules are strict pansies like Man Utd,Arsenal and Chelsea are top teams :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Surely even vodkadiet can't deny Ronnie O'Sullivan is a genius

thats something surely nobody can deny ....

but that also confuses people regarding GOAT Title

Ronnie is the GG&TAT :redneck: <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Anybody who says Ronnie is a crap player has no right to an opinion. He's an amazing player. Of this there is no dispute, it's a fact. It's like denying the baize is green. It's just not open for discussion.

I personally, don't like him or his antics, and it turns me off from watching him somewhat. Especially when he's playing somebody he should easily beat. Because he just easily beats them and it's one-sided, or he sits there and doesn't try and that annoys me more. But that doesn't mean I think he's rubbish.

If anything I find Ronnie more acceptable when he's playing a Higgins or a Selby that has a chance to beat him. Then you know you're in for a good match, because Ronnie could play well and still lose.