Post a reply

Re: O' Sullivan...is anyone getting annoyed by him now?

Postby Monique

vodkadiet wrote:Does everyone quit their job just because they procreate?

Ronnie is full of hot air and excuses.

If they don't need the money why not?
I actually quitted my job last august to do what I love: taking pictures, going to tournaments and promote the game.

Postby vodkadiet

Monique wrote:

I actually quitted my job last august to do what I love: taking pictures, going to tournaments and promote the game.

Hardly a full time job, playing a few tournaments a year.

Anyway, he seems to find the time to leave his beloved kids to play exhos with James White. He doesn't mind getting money for that.

;)

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
Monique wrote:

Anyway, he seems to find the time to leave his beloved kids to play exhos with James White. He doesn't mind getting money for that.

;)

Why does it bother you so much though? You've posted 138 times, and 120 of them have been about Ronnie's kids. Anybody would think they were your favourite players, the way you keep banging on about the young O'Sullivans.

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Monique wrote:

;)

Why does it bother you so much though? You've posted 138 times, and 120 of them have been about Ronnie's kids. Anybody would think they were your favourite players, the way you keep banging on about the young O'Sullivans.

Let's hope Ronnie's kids don't become snooker players. That is all the game needs. Get rid of one O'Sullivan and another couple come along. The man should have been castrated. :selby:

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
Let's hope Ronnie's kids don't become snooker players. That is all the game needs. Get rid of one O'Sullivan and another couple come along. The man should have been castrated. :selby:

I'm convinced that Ronnie refused to sign an autograph for you once. <laugh> :wave:

Postby N_Castle07

As much as I hate Ronnie it is his option to play or not. Nobody has promoted the game like he has the last 20 years. And he certainly does NOT have to play if he doesn’t want to. Entering events then dropping out last minute is another matter. He is 35 now second on the century list and joint third on the ranking event tally he has expressed he doesn’t want to play on and on if he is not playing at his best. Ask yourself this, if you where a player would you rather fizzle out at the top or continue to play to a sub standard like Davis, Hendry and Parrott?

Postby SnookerFan

N_Castle07 wrote:As much as I hate Ronnie it is his option to play or not. Nobody has promoted the game like he has the last 20 years. And he certainly does NOT have to play if he doesn’t want to. Entering events then dropping out last minute is another matter. He is 35 now second on the century list and joint third on the ranking event tally he has expressed he doesn’t want to play on and on if he is not playing at his best. Ask yourself this, if you where a player would you rather fizzle out at the top or continue to play to a sub standard like Davis, Hendry and Parrott?

Yup.

If he wants to stop playing/retire, that's up to him. He has won plenty in the game, and there is nothing left to prove. But if he does want to retire he should just do it, rather then a day before a tournament is on pull out with some bull reason. It's obvious he never wanted to play in Germany anyway, but hadn't announced it for fear of a World Snooker rebuke.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:According to The Sun, Mark Williams think Ronnie should be paid appearance money to get him to turn up.

not on your nelly <ok>

theres enough sport stars getting massive amount doing rubbish all.

if Ronnie gets appearance money then Barry Pinches gets appearance money.

i dont think it is money related anyway with Ronnie hes hardly skint is he.

Postby Casey

How long will he carry when not winning titles. Its been 18 months from he won a WS title. He has the PL, but he doesn't need to stay on tour to get an invite to that.
He won't continue for long with the likes of Higgins, Ding and Robbo out shinning him.

Postby Eirebilly

Sonny wrote:According to The Sun, Mark Williams think Ronnie should be paid appearance money to get him to turn up.

I have never heard so much :bs: in all my life. Why should Ronnie be even more elevated above the rest of the snooker players? If this goes through then we may just see Ronnie turning up to get his money, playing crappy snooker and going out in the first round so that he can go home.
Time to look to the future and find a new poster boy for snooker. The German masters was a huge sucess despite the fact that Ronnie turned his back on it. Ronnie is a big draw card but he is not the be all to end all of snooker.

Postby Roland

We don't know the context of that. Maybe Williams was saying it tongue in cheek. Maybe it's because he thinks he should be getting appearance money himself. Appearance money is nothing new. You could argue that Ronnie should get a cut of the ticket sales if he brings more people in. But it's bound to rile the other players.

Also as the weekend showed, snooker doesn't need Ronnie.

Postby Roland

I see Ronnie's future in the exhibition circuit. He's a performer, an artist. He can do sell out shows and pocket most of the cash. When it comes to professional snooker, it's all about winning and playing for prize money. I don't think he should get appearance money either, but I can see the case for it. He's the one getting the punters in and making other people rich from ticket sales so it's fair to argue that he should get a cut because if he was a musician (or another type of artist) you can bet he would.

Postby Eirebilly

I see what you mean with exhibitions Sonny.

I just cannot for the life of me see why he should now recieve appearance money for professional tournements. He looks completely dis-interested in playing (when he attends) and lets the fans down. How could anyone justify giving him appearance money now?
He may be the biggest individual draw card but i believe that, collectively, the rest of the snooker players draw more than enough crowds to not miss Ronnie.

Postby Bourne

I woudn't be against it, if tournament organisers want him there enough and can afford it, why not ? He's earnt his right to be the most coveted player on the planet, and it is up to whoever runs these things surely, not us ? As long as they don't do anything stupid like change prize money for him, but that's not going to happen. Other sports give big appearance fees to it's stars, so why not snooker ?

Postby Eirebilly

Of course it would be up to the tournament organisers Bourne but how would you feel if you were a fellow professional (say Robbo, current WC) and Ronnie was getting more appearance money? If he was passionate and giving all for the game then no problems but at this stage it would be a joke.

Postby Eirebilly

Bourne wrote:If I was Robbo I wouldn't care about the appearance money, my eyes would be firmly on winning titles and gaining prestige that way.

That may be so but i would imagine player being a bit peed off if Ronnie was making a better living out of snooker by just turning up than they would be by playing their hearts out.

Postby Eirebilly

Bourne wrote:This is $port these days, the times we live in :huh2:

That is true sadly enough but i still stand by my beliefs that Ronnie should'nt be given any extra preferencial treatment.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

My initial reaction Re: Pay Ronnie appearance money. :chin:
Daft idea. This would create another split in our game & also create a lot of animosity amongst the players too.
Which might not be a bad thing now come to think of it. :john:

Postby Eirebilly

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Eirebilly wrote:I just think that the days of Ronnie being the 'biggest draw card' are dying with his own antics of pulling out at the last minute.

Lets forget about him then. :)

Not at all John, he still is an amazing player and hopefully he will get back to his best. I just feel that his late withdrawels must be having an effect on his fans. Afterall why would any of his fans commit money to go and watch him play if they are not certain that he will even attend?

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Eirebilly wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Eirebilly wrote:I just think that the days of Ronnie being the 'biggest draw card' are dying with his own antics of pulling out at the last minute.

Lets forget about him then. :)

Not at all John, he still is an amazing player and hopefully he will get back to his best. I just feel that his late withdrawels must be having an effect on his fans. Afterall why would any of his fans commit money to go and watch him play if they are not certain that he will even attend?

That’s pretty straight forward answer I would have thought eirebilly.....
The guy has become unreliable & will sooner or later consistently have a negative impact on our game. He is not worth giving preferential treatment too, just to keep him in the game. If he doesn’t want to play, fair enough. :huh2: