Post a reply

Re: Can Martin Gould win a title?

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:I am now officially a friend of Rob "The Talker" Walker on Facebook too.

I am now officially a friend of Daniel Burke on Facebook :evilgrin:

Postby randam05

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:Imagine facebook would go into meltdown if he won a ranker........................he has something like 100,000 people following. :ahh:

Really? Top bloke. It's time to play the game. :D

I was told you are 1 of the 100,000 followers. :|

Confirm or deny. :chin:

haha me and jade are friends with him..and he comments on everything you say to him..

Some lady said nice picture to him and he said thanks cheeky bum x ..back to them!

He replies to your messages and posts soon as you send them! which is very kind of him.

Postby SnookerFan

Have I mentioned Michaela Tabb is my friend? <laugh> She isn't as speedy, or as regular at replying. But if you ask something about snooker, she tends to let you know. At first I thought it wasn't her, because her statuses are always something like; "Drinking rose after refereeing, lolol". But it is her. And she has replied to me a few times. :love:

Postby wheelsofsteel

SnookerFan wrote:I am now officially a friend of Rob "The Talker" Walker on Facebook too.

No chance of befriending him. Can't listen to him never mind read him.

Postby SnookerFan

wheelsofsteel wrote:

No chance of befriending him. Can't listen to him never mind read him.

LET'S GET THE BOYS, ON THE BAIZE!!!!

Postby sundaygirl

SnookerFan wrote:I can confirm I am not one of his followers on Facebook.

Snookerfan am I reading this thread correctly you are FB friends with Rob Walker, but not with Martin Gould :no: what sort of snooker fan are you?

Postby wheelsofsteel

sundaygirl wrote:

Snookerfan am I reading this thread correctly you are FB friends with Rob Walker, but not with Martin Gould :santa: what sort of snooker fan are you?

one who needs a noise in the background just to get to sleep

"let's get the boys on the baiz-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:

Snookerfan am I reading this thread correctly you are FB friends with Rob Walker, but not with Martin Gould :no: what sort of snooker fan are you?

Bloody hell, you meet up with her once and she thinks she can give you attitude. rofl

Actually, I might add Martin Gould. I think he's a good player, and good guy who sounds like he has a lot of time for his fans. <ok> I might ask if he remembers me as the guy who stayed in the same hotel as he did in Newport.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:If he doesn't believe, then he'll never win. That's the only important factor here, he has to feel he's good enough and thus apply himself correctly.

Very good point Wild. I'm hoping he has that belief, as he's improved a lot over the past couple of years. I think the win of Hendry at the Welsh Open gave him a lot of confidence as he was a realtive unknown at the time.

I want to see him get to a final, or the latter stages, to see how he'd handle it.

bourne will Love You rofl

I just noticed this mistake. Sorry Bourne. You must just remind me of Wild. <laugh>

Postby sundaygirl

It's a shame that the Grand Prix is defunct that was a tournament know for off beat winners.

btw SnookerFan if I was on Facebook (which I'm not) I would befriend Martin, he seems like a really nice guy, who loves his snooker. He was spotted spectating at the Masters.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:It's a shame that the Grand Prix is defunct that was a tournament know for off beat winners.

btw SnookerFan if I was on Facebook (which I'm not) I would befriend Martin, he seems like a really nice guy, who loves his snooker. He was spotted spectating at the Masters.

Actually, following the recommendation, I have. As people said, he added me within minutes. And he replies within seconds to anything you post. He does seem to be a top bloke. Though you can tell he uses Facebook as much to talk to his friends as anything else. Michaela, on the other hand, you get the feeling it's just to interact with her fans.

Postby Tubberlad

Cracking little player is Gouldy (god, that's a seriously rubbish nickname), lovely single ball potter, very exciting to watch, but I don't know about him being a title winner. He missed a big chance with that PTC event, with Dale needing two snookers, and that will be a BIG blow to overcome if he's to do it. Good enough to win a title though.

Postby Roland

Yes but according to him (source Facebook funnily enough) he got a massive roll off when attempting an escape from a snooker in the decider which is really unfortunate because it could've cost him that title. But then how do you read that? If he got a roll off which cost him then he wasn't blaming the table and bemoaning his luck and complaining about the table fitters like some would, and if he didn't get a roll off then he's convinced himself it wasn't his fault he lost that final rather than accepting he played a bad shot. Either way I think he'll come out of it unscathed. His round 1 tie against Robert Milkins in the shootout could be the best frame in that round. Both are quick attacking players and it's a shame they had to face each other in round 1.

Postby Tubberlad

Witz78 wrote:

I am now officially a friend of Daniel Burke on Facebook :evilgrin:

Badboy of the forum world <cool> reinforcing Sonny's theory :emu:

Postby Smart

Tubberlad wrote:If he did get a roll-off, then how unlucky is that?

:chin:

Not sure on this. Could this be a mental thing, might have been a slight roll off, but is this a case of focusing on that rather than other stuff that WAS in his control - therefore deflect away from his own failings. Makes sense to me to use that approach.

I like him as a player and a geezer, would like to see him win a tourney. :idea:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:S/Fan

Will you keep us posted with how this FB situation develops with Gouldy, personally I am fascinated as to how this pans out.

PS someone mentioned you are living back with your parents...............................CONFIRM or DENY :) :xmas:

Go get shagged. <laugh> I wasn't the one who brought Martin Gould's facebook into the conversation, was I? Am I getting blamed now for replying to something that comes up in conversation. <laugh>

Postby Steve K

I think Gould has the potential definitely. It's nice to see one of the top 32 so active on Facebook, give's an insight what it is like on the tour and following his progress is always fun. He is also one of the most entertaining players to watch, his potting style is very crisp and fluent.

Postby Smart

Steve K wrote:I think Gould has the potential definitely. It's nice to see one of the top 32 so active on Facebook, give's an insight what it is like on the tour and following his progress is always fun. He is also one of the most entertaining players to watch, his potting style is very crisp and fluent.

Is he on facebook..........................I think S/fan will be excited by this news as he is a FB hussy too :chin: :|

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
Steve K wrote:I think Gould has the potential definitely. It's nice to see one of the top 32 so active on Facebook, give's an insight what it is like on the tour and following his progress is always fun. He is also one of the most entertaining players to watch, his potting style is very crisp and fluent.

Is he on facebook..........................I think S/fan will be excited by this news as he is a FB hussy too :chin: :|

:bird:

I asked if he could win a title. And then joined in when other people mentioned facebook.

Postby SnookerFan

Eirebilly wrote:
Smart wrote::wave:
(FB hussy)

I have to admit to being a bit of a FB hoer myself :D

Add Martin Gould. He's a Snooker Island recommendation. <laugh>

Postby Eirebilly

SnookerFan wrote:
Eirebilly wrote:
Smart wrote::wave: