Post a reply

Sonny

Postby SnookerFan

Hi there. :wave:

I tried to send you a pm, ask how you enjoyed your first trip to Wembley. I don't think it worked. (If it did apologies, you'll receive it twice.)

Anyway, how was your experience? How did you find the arena? Live up to expectations? It's one of my least favourite, but that's just personal taste. How did you like it?

Re: Sonny

Postby Roland

Yes I got two PMs and replied :redneck:

I really enjoyed it. As a venue it's not perfect because it uses only half of the arena and you can tell there's a big void behind the black curtains and there's a lot of room so you're not that close to the action. But there are big screens high up to see the main camera (if those who haven't been were wondering what the players and people in the crowd keep glancing up to when the other man is at the table, it's the big screen) which is essential because most of the seats are at a shallow angle and unless you're right at the back you can't really see what's going on, so the screens mean you can work out what shot is on and then look at the table and see it before it's played. Without the big screens it wouldn't be as good.

I sat close for the first semi and after that we went right to top and the back row or near as damnit.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Yes I got two PMs and replied :redneck:

I really enjoyed it. As a venue it's not perfect because it uses only half of the arena and you can tell there's a big void behind the black curtains and there's a lot of room so you're not that close to the action. But there are big screens high up to see the main camera (if those who haven't been were wondering what the players and people in the crowd keep glancing up to when the other man is at the table, it's the big screen) which is essential because most of the seats are at a shallow angle and unless you're right at the back you can't really see what's going on, so the screens mean you can work out what shot is on and then look at the table and see it before it's played. Without the big screens it wouldn't be as good.

I sat close for the first semi and after that we went right to top and the back row or near as damnit.

Meet any players? I actually put Telford and Newport ahead of Wembley in terms of player interaction with fans.

Postby Roland

I bumped in Doherty outside the food place we'd just eaten in which was good because we talked about setting the interview up. I saw Martin Gould outside the arena but he was too busy trying to chat up no doubt one of his facebook fans so a quick hello and he was gone. Apart from that didn't see anyone let along grab a word. It's not like say the Crucible where in round 1 there are players all over the place.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:I bumped in Doherty outside the food place we'd just eaten in which was good because we talked about setting the interview up. I saw Martin Gould outside the arena but he was too busy trying to chat up no doubt one of his facebook fans so a quick hello and he was gone. Apart from that didn't see anyone let along grab a word. It's not like say the Crucible where in round 1 there are players all over the place.

You saw more wondering about then I did this year, then. I have seen a few people there. I saw Dott leaving one time, and ran into Michaela Tabb one year. (She happened to notice me running across Wembley screaming; "Michaela!" <laugh>

Wembley is the worst for that, like I said. They are too used to putting on shows. So they herd you out afterwards, and you don't get let in early to ask people for autographs. Even at Newport, you see people coming and going. The Crucible is the best. You can't walk down the corridor for fear of falling over all the players.