Post a reply

Re: Egg on face time

Postby SnookerFan

What's with all the percentages? <laugh> I give Gould a 32.7513% chance.

<laugh>
Last edited by SnookerFan on 02 Feb 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What's with all the percentages? <laugh> I give Gould a 32.7513% change.

<laugh>

"its time to PLAY the game" :|

:strum: :guitar: :guitar2: :drums: :strum: :mosh: :ba\m/:

Postby GJ

I will be interets to hear alfie's views on this Years worlds as he was an expert in predicting last years winner

Postby Bourne

I think he's got it right two years in a row :chin:

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

Difficult to tewll nowadays but neither McGuire or Carter have struck me as capable of winning the title

Mind you a few years ago I would have said Dott's moment of glory would have been the 2004 WC final

Postby SnookerFan

GrumpyMrDavros wrote:Difficult to tewll nowadays but neither McGuire or Carter have struck me as capable of winning the title

Mind you a few years ago I would have said Dott's moment of glory would have been the 2004 WC final

Maguire and Carter hatah! :grrr:

Postby Bourne

Time to make a major cojones call, but i'm confident - Mark Selby will never win a world title

:hatoff:

Postby GJ

if he keeps reverting to negative tactics i agree if he stays positive in his play he can win 1

Postby GJ

wouldt rule maguire if he gets his mindset right he could steam roll the whole field

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ding Junhui: 95%: will be a winner at the Crucible, only a question of time
Mark Selby: 65%: had a great opportunity last year, not a certainty any more
Stephen Maguire: 10%: it looks like his best days are over, had his golden chance in 2007 against Higgins as he blew that one
Ali Carter: 40%: has the potential, has a good record in the Crucible, but often blows it in the deciding moments
Mark Allen: 55%: a man of the big tournaments, still young and has the bottle, the only worrying thing for him are 6 lost semis
Jamie Cope: 10%: I would be really surprised should he even get close to the final
Ricky Walden: 15%: he didn't carry on after his Shanghai Masters win, still no sucess in the Crucible
Judd Trump: 15%: as often on the screen as Steve Davis (playing a match), but his Premier League debut impressed me

Fu, Bingham, King, Day, Stevens, Gould, Hawkins, Wenbo: no chance

Time to update my list:

Ding Junhui: 95%: He proved this championship even more that it will be only a matter of years

Judd Trump: 90%: A new snooker star has risen. If he plays like this year and can improve his breakbuilding even more, a certainty for multiple titles. But other great players stumbled at winning the worlds but I don't expect him struggle he's just an amazing pressure player.

Mark Selby: 50%: this year was a failure once again peaking to early and coming up against a better player

Stephen Maguire: 5%: now way Maguire will achieve it after the trend of the last seasons

Ali Carter: 35%: a very good player but still not a great one would need to improve to get the big one

Mark Allen: 55%: he needs to switch up a gear in the vital matches but he has the game to win the world championship

Jamie Cope: 10%: his attitude is poor, he looks like a shadow of the player I saw just a few years ago, but still young

Ricky Walden: 5%: no way. Will never be a top class player, his top 16 status didn't inspire him, a shame really

Marco Fu: 5%: very inconsistent and dropped out of the top 16 but still a class player on his day, can't believe he will win it

Liang Wenbo: 5%: still very young but at a low at the moment needs to improve massively

Bingham, King, Day, Stevens, Gould, Hawkins: no chance of becoming a world champion

Young players like Luca Brecel and Michael White are not evaluated yet.
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 03 May 2011, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Alex0paul

After this tournament I don't think Selby will win it. His head must be all over the place now.

Postby GJ

yes he is slowly becoming similiar to stevens not in terms of bottling matches

but in being a nearly man

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Snooker Overdrive wrote:My chances of a past/present World Champion to win it again:

John Higgins: 65%:
The toughest man to beat on the tour, always on his game in the Crucible, still no sign of a decline, a major contender for the next few years

Neil Robertson: 75%:
Has the complete package, after an early exit in 2011, he will be back in the follow years and add probably one more title to his name, a third is a bit unlikely

Mark Williams: 40%:
Has to avoid Ronnie in the draw somehow and has to hit a streak of very good form and dig as deep as he ever did. I can see that happen.

Shaun Murphy: 55%:
He has a very good history at the Crucible and is still young enough to add one more title to his name.

Graeme Dott: 20%:
I still amazed how he reached THREE finals. That's an incredible achievement. I think he could make a good run again, but I can't see him winning.

Peter Ebdon: 10%:
His decline is in full progress, still has the fighting spirit but his game let's him down far to often. Would be a miracle.

Stephen Hendry: 5%:
That would be one of the biggest surprises in sport history.

Ken Doherty/Steve Davis: 0%:
Speaking of wonders - but that's just impossible.

Ronnie O'Sullivan: 50%:
In the Crucible he's always a great force to be reckoned with. He's very tough to beat there. Had a poor season so far, but that doesn't mean anything at the Crucible. But he needs a favourable draw (like the one Robertson had last year). There's still enough fire in him to win one more.

John Higgins: 60%:
look above

Neil Robertson: 70%:
Disappointing season but he has the game to win it one more time surely

Mark Williams: 35%:
Looks like he let this biggest chance for quite some time slip against Higgins. It will be now really tough to win it again.

Shaun Murphy: 45%:
Didn't look that strong this season. Not a very good performance in this world championship and not a very good ranking position.

Grame Dott: 15%:
look above

Peter Ebdon: 5%:
look above

Stephen Hendry, Ken Doherty, Steve Davis: 0%:
no way

Ronnie O'Sullivan: 45%:
Should Ronnie get a good draw I would fancy him winning it again. Made the quarters two years in a row and lost in two close matches. Should he play a full season he will be sharper than this year and that would be necessary. But time is not on his side, he will only have a couple of more years to capture his fourth title.

Postby Bourne

Don't see Williams getting a 3rd now.

Postby Alex0paul

I would say only Higgins, Robertson and Murphy have realistic chances of adding to their current haul.

Postby GJ

i think muprhy was abit unlucky to be fair as ronnie was a tough draw for a top 8 player

i could have sen shaun giving higgins a big test in the quarters

If muprhy gets big momentum he could get 1 more world title IMO

Postby Alex0paul

Ding answered a lot of question marks this tournament too as to whether or not he could win it.

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:Jimmy will win it next year on his 50th birthday

fate, i tell ye

Imagine a Trump vs White world-final :shock: :shock: :shock:

Postby wheelsofsteel

I think Trump could win the world title, possibly more than even Selby or Murphy again because he has the ability to 'Ronnie' people (i.e. win a frame before you blink having got in with a wonder pot).

But, as was proved in the final, he needs to play the percentage game at times. It is not coincidence that the 'steady Eddie's' - Davis, Hendry, Higgins, even Ronnie (and perhaps Williams to an extent) - have been the biggest winners over the years.

Postby rebecca

It's funny reading all the earlier posts and everyone saying Judd hasn't a hope of winning it :D

I'm agreeing with the Selby doubts, he'd badly want to cop on to himself now, if he doesn't get it in the next 2,3 years I don't think he ever will..

Postby GJ

My general thoughts on the worlds this year

On reflection it was silly of me to dismiss the crucible curse as greats of the game like Hendry and john Higgins fell foul of the crucible curse for first time champions . so it not surprising the same thing happened to robbo.

Anyway on to next year robbo will have no curse to stop him.

Neil Robertson 2012 World Snooker champion :hatoff: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

You heard it here first