Post a reply

Re: Favourite Player and Why?

Postby randam05

Witz78 wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:witz - you have a lot of DONT LIKE in your list. <ok>

So you are generally a HATER. :redneck:

im not a HATER but im not going to lie and kid on im a fan of someone if i aint. Maybe im sick of the sight of a lot of these top 16 players and yearn for the time in the future when rolling rankings fully take effect and we see the young creme de la creme rise to the top.

Plenty of guys outwith the top 16 who i like.

Wenbo
Walden
Ebdon
Trump
S.Davis
Gould
Dale
Swail
Drago
Haneveer
J.White
Figuerido
Wattana
Zhang

EDIT QUOTE..to what I agree with there. They would probably be my favourite out of the top 16, hamilton aswell though.

Postby Alpha

For my list because I'm two years behind the times I'll do the current top 16:

1. Mark Selby Like the man and his game. Unfairly branded "boring" by O'Sullivan and his fanboys
2. Judd Trump I like his game a lot, I don't find him "one-dimensional" at all, unlike the man himself....
3. Mark Williams- probably my joint second favourite player
4. Stephen Maguire-no strong feeling either way
5. John Higgins- I used to be his biggest fan before Kiev. I'm still a fan of the man and his game but his legacy will be forever tarnished.
6. Shaun Murphy- I really don't know
7. Neil Robertson- I'm a huge fan of his on and off the table. He's gone down a little in my estimation thanks to his surrender against O'Sullivan at the Crucible though.
8. Stephen Lee- as Maguire
9. Ronnie O'Sullivan- my least favourite player. An utter douchebag.
10. Matthew Stevens- He's a Spurs fan, that's good enough for me
11. Ding Junhui- Again, a big fan. Would love to see him win the Worlds one day.
12. Mark Allen- as Murphy
13. Greame Dott- Like him. Most underrated player ever.
14. Martin Gould- as Maguire and Lee despite him being a Spurs fan.
15. Ricky Walden- Like. Good player.
16. Stuart Bingham- As Walden.

Others I like: Hawkins, Cope, Fu, JJ, Day, Doherty, Wenbo, McLeod, Lisowski, Brecel.
My absolute favourite: Anthony Hamilton.

Postby Skullman

:shrug: Since Alpha is bringing an old thread up again, I might as well.

Selby: My favourite player since I started watching snooker. Really liked his style then and it was reinforced when I saw him get to the final in the Beijing and that awesome performance against Hendry last year. Admittedly the Jester thing is pretty forced/lame but :shrug: .

Trump: I really dislike him but I have no idea why. He's a good player, but a bit overhyped imo. He's not much of a character.

MJW: I liked him before, but his Twitter persona doesn't really appeal to me tbh. Good to see him play well a bit last season and a bit of this one, but now he doesn't seem any fight in him and his matches all feel a bit flat.

Maguire: Again like him as a player. Attacking but not one-dimensional. Plus I like the way he gets annoyed with himself when things aren't going perfectly. I'm a perfectionist myself so I can sympathise.

Honest John: Incredible player and probably the best I've ever seen. (I haven't seen Ronnie or Hendry at their best). Hard gritty match player. Sad to see someone who in my first season as a snooker watcher win almost everything do so badly.

Supermurph: Another player I like. A bit too attacking and doesn't know when to not push the boat out, but seems like a nice bloke.

Robbo: Second favourite player. Have to admit I only started liking him this season as I didn't see much of him last season. I think he was busy losing his passport or something. Another hard match player, although I'm not sure how he compares to Selby. One of the best temperments in the game.

Lee: Apathetic. Seems to pull out some great pots, but rarely has big breaks to show for them. Deserves his place in the top, but I'd only root for him if he was up against Allen, Trump or Ronnie.

Ronnie: Not keen on him. Plus I'm not a big fan of his constant withdrawals, although hopefully he won't bother to enter events before, so people have a warning. Plus he seems to always talk utter bull off the table.

Stevens: Apathetic. Annoys a bit as he's clearly talented but wasted it.

Ding: Apathetic. Good player, although can act a bit strange and I'm not a big fan of his temperment or some of his post match reactions. Seems to act like a stroppy child half the time.

Allen: Complete and utter banker. I liked him before I heard what he said in the UK, Haikou, Worlds, Bendigo etc.

Dott: Not a big fan. Alright player, possibly one of the only players fans won't call an underachiever (seriously if everyone's an underachiever maybe the bar's set too high?). Very negative and seems like a moaner.

Gould: Apathetic. Good player, but not convinced he should be in the top16.

Walden: Good player. Hope does better in the top16 than he did last time. Don't want to wait until 2014 for him to get into a semi final again.

Bingham: I make a few jokes at his expense, but like him as a player and he seems like a nice bloke. Not sure if he really deserves a top16 place though.

Others I like outside of the 16: Chendry, Cao Yupeng, Adi Mehta, Gilbert, Fu, Delu and Harold.

Postby Alex0paul

Thomaspaul wrote:My Favourite player is Adam Wicheard because Adam Wicheard play the shorts very carefully & all the shorts are really amazing.

Tell me more about these shorts