Post a reply

Re: What are people's take on match shortening?

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:Start earlier. Easy. Last year they started too late. And logic dictates that the first two matches to finish will contest the first semi-final and the last two matches will contest the second semi which starts 7pm the following night. No excuses. Roll on roll off quarter-final day is one of the best days on the calendar and whether they use it this way or not, the tv people will show the same amount of snooker and the rest will be on interactive.

We don't have interactive in Eurosport and it's very frustrating to see disjuncted parts of matches, missing start and/or conclusion. But of course as long as UK people are happy ... who cares?

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Start earlier. Easy. Last year they started too late. And logic dictates that the first two matches to finish will contest the first semi-final and the last two matches will contest the second semi which starts 7pm the following night. No excuses. Roll on roll off quarter-final day is one of the best days on the calendar and whether they use it this way or not, the tv people will show the same amount of snooker and the rest will be on interactive.

<ok>

Postby Roland

Eurosport have a website and a tv player. Why ruin a fantastic concept and a great day of snooker just because a secondary television channel can't get their act together? It's got sod all to do with being British. If there's a chance to watch every quarter-final back to back then I'm all for it.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:

We don't have interactive in Eurosport and it's very frustrating to see disjuncted parts of matches, missing start and/or conclusion. But of course as long as UK people are happy ... who cares?

Roll on Roll off Quarter Finals are ideal for Eurosport when one match finishes the other starts you get all 4 matches on TV

Postby Roland

As stated before, a day like this is worth using up a days holiday from work to watch. If it's the standard 2 table and 2 session format then sod it, I'll go to work and save my hols.

Postby Tubberlad

In a nutshell <ok>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:As stated before, a day like this is worth using up a days holiday from work to watch. If it's the standard 2 table and 2 session format then sod it, I'll go to work and save my hols.

i remember one year in the early days of Sky they had a Ranking Tournament Totally Roll on Roll off and on 1 day they got through the matches so quickly starting at 10am the days play was over by 6pm