Post a reply

Re: Does anybody here play?

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:To be fair, I think I'd be pretty crap at snooker. I am utterly useless at pool, and have played that far too much to be as crap at it as I am. It's not modesty. If I pot one ball in a game, I think fair play I'm doing well. I tend to be playing at my absolute best if I post two balls a game. And that's probably make 4-6 fouls a game. I'm comically bad, and excel at missing the easiest shots possible. People think I'm doing it on purpose.

I hate to sound defeatist, but if I can't play pool on a small table, what am I going to be able to do on a real snooker table?

to be honest mate, if your not that great at pool you dont stand a chance at snooker. Im pretty clinical at pool and rarely miss (unless im showboating or not caring) but im not that great at snooker, im a million miles away from pro level but i can knock a good few balls in when i get a chance, play decent safety and feel confident playing most shots.

PS - Can we arrange a money game at pool sometime :idea:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:I'm clinical, ruthless, arrogant, self-styled, aggressive, nonchalant and breezy when I play pool. :idea: :santa: :idea: :santa:

see smarts photobucket for details

Postby Witz78

StalinESQ wrote:I'm clinical, ruthless, arrogant, self-styled, aggressive, nonchalant and breezy when I play pool. :idea: :santa: :idea: :santa:

id beat you i reckon rofl Theres a few mirror image players style-wise of me in my town, and i seem to raise my game and destroy them. 10-1, 8-2 and 5-1 my last 3 results against a guy whos probably about the same as me :bowdown:

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:

id beat you i reckon rofl Theres a few mirror image players style-wise of me in my town, and i seem to raise my game and destroy them. 10-1, 8-2 and 5-1 my last 3 results against a guy whos probably about the same as me :bowdown:

If you are ever in Bristol ........................we could play a best of 35 rack match. That would provide a fair result. :idea: :santa: :idea: :santa:

Postby Wildey

ive beaten 100 Break Players at Pool pretty easy if im honest but i just cant get a decent run at snooker ...

the club was heaving with only 2 tables you could go there for 2 Days and play 1 Frame it was so busy then it quiet down a bit people was getting fed up going there and sitting on their asses doing rubbish so they stopped Going then i got more frames but still my highest Break 25 <doh> then vandals vandalized it <doh> <doh>

Postby Witz78

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:then vandals vandalized it <doh> <doh>

Yep, that what vandals do, they er, vandalize things..... rofl

does exactly what it says on the tin !!

Postby Witz78

Ultimate_snooker wrote:i would pay to watch stalin v witz

Pool Heavyweights

Stalin, we have our tournament sponsor <ok>

Postby Smart

Ultimate_snooker wrote:i would pay to watch stalin v witz

Pool Heavyweights

I charge you a lot as well :idea: :santa: :idea: :santa:

I think Witz is likely to be a very good player. My supreme prince is 6x3, and there is actually a big difference in 6x3 vs 7x4.

Most peeps I whip easy. I beat Craig the other weekend after the WhiteLighting 10-3. :wave:

I did twitch on a few though. :scared:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:Couple of my cushions need new rubbers as they are a bit dead......................how easy is it to put new rubbers on. :chin: :| :chin: :|

Google

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:then vandals vandalized it <doh> <doh>

Yep, that what vandals do, they er, vandalize things..... rofl

does exactly what it says on the tin !!

But im not a expert like you on it ;) :evilgrin:

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:Couple of my cushions need new rubbers as they are a bit dead......................how easy is it to put new rubbers on. :chin: :| :chin: :|

rofl rofl rofl
Last edited by Wildey on 09 Nov 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Smart

Ultimate_snooker wrote:

Google

thanks .........................is that some sort of search engine :idea: :wave: :idea: :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

I'm rubbish. At everything. <laugh> I tend to sit around, drink beer, moan and watch snooker. That's pretty much all I know how to do.

Postby robertsamual

Hi,

Giving life to an old post. According to me playing pool is sufficient to be a fan or addict of this game. No matter if you are playing with your mates or in a club with beer in your hands and shouting loudly or playing in a competition. A play is a play. So I am kinda different on that.

____________________________________________________________________________________
"Going High"
pool supplies
Last edited by robertsamual on 08 Dec 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Smart

robertsamual wrote:Hi,

Giving life to an old post. According to me playing pool is sufficient to be a fan or addict of this game. No matter if you are playing with your mates or in a club with beer in your hands and shouting loudly or playing in a competition. A play is a play. So I am kinda different on that.

____________________________________________________________________________________
"Going High"

:) :| :) :|

Postby randam05

I think pool is pretty mindless and boring..i dont tend to play very often as it can take away from your snooker, so leave the pool table aside.