Post a reply

Re: The Decies: Who will be the main men?

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

thetubberlad wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:I'm going to be brave...

Robertson - 3 (including the one has already)
Ding - 2
Selby - 2
Allen - 1
Murphy - 1
O'Sullivan - 1

No Mark Williams, do you think?

I think it could be O'Sullivan or Williams or maybe even Higgins. Williams is good enough...

Look, it's all subjective really, isn't it?

Its cool mate, just like hearing / listening / reading ,whatever to people's different point of view.

I agree with you on Mark Allen, when he knocked that 146 in, I thought, hold tight, we might have one here.

Re: The 10's: Who will be the main men?

Postby Tubberlad

If I could have put a number to how good each player is, I'd have gone:
O'Sullivan 4, Higgins 3, Williams 3... at the moment, two of them have underacheived as far as I'm concerned (yes, easy say that from where I'm sitting)... so it's very, very tough to predict this kind of thing.

Postby Wildey

i hope we see him at the EPTC at the weekend but he hasn't really got a tasty match until the last 32 potential against Ebdon.

Postby Tubberlad

I don't think I've been blown away like that since I saw Ronnie play for the first time... wow. Jezus, I can't judge the guy on a few shots from his garrage though, can I?

Postby Tubberlad

On the basis of four minutes of footage, I predict that kid will win at least six thousand ranking events <laugh>

Seriously though, he is bucking good...

thetubberlad wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:have you seen this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NYMx49MDvs

although there was some cheating but boy he can play fast.

Holy rubbish... if that's genuine, he really, really is something special. I feel like I've just seen God shooting a few :scared:

What I didn't know, was that he could play left handed as well? :chin:

I'm not going to try & doubt the guy here, however there is a word called expectations, & he's creating a lot of them posting quality stuff like that, as in lots of people will expect to see that every time he plays. When he don't, & he won't, its how he deals with uncomfortable questions & the seeds of doubt people will try & plant in his head when he doesn't play like that, which he'll have to listen too.

I played like that once in a while & when I did, in practice, mates used to come & try & grab the cue off me & ask for a go. If he plays like that on the TV, it will have a proper effect, ripples galore. <ok>

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:have you seen this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NYMx49MDvs

Holy rubbish... if that's genuine, he really, really is something special. I feel like I've just seen God shooting a few :scared:

I'm not going to try & doubt the guy here, however there is a word called expectations, & he's creating a lot of them posting quality stuff like that, as in lots of people will expect to see that every time he plays. When he don't, & he won't, its how he deals with uncomfortable questions & the seeds of doubt people will try & plant in his head when he doesn't play like that, which he'll have to listen too.

I played like that once in a while & when I did, in practice, mates used to come & try & grab the cue off me & ask for a go. If he plays like that on the TV, it will have a proper effect, ripples galore. <ok>

spot on john

in Ronnies days there was not the coverage prior to him turning pro there is today so he could go about his business relatively quietly compared to what brecel and the internet has created.

same with Hunter nobody was talking about him when he turned pro there was more talk about matthew Stevens by quite a way but not on the level a 15 year old brecel being talked about.

Postby Tubberlad

Well at least I understand the hype now. He looks the bloody business, but there's a big difference between doing that in your garage, and doing it in front of audiences in a proper arena...

Wow though... I sincerely hope he can live up to that kind of thing. I'm bucking gobsmacked, and it's hard to amaze me...

Wild, doesn't he have some condition that people reckon he will be able to ignore all this pressure? He has a form of autism as far as I remember. Hate talking about the guy like he's a robot, but I'm just curious.

Postby Wildey

he must feel some pressures hes had some shocking loses in the PTC and other times he goes on a mini run.

if he can play like that or just fraction of that all the time and not feeling the pressure he would have had a better run of results.

Postby Tubberlad

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:There hasn't been a condition yet that doesn't effect your nervous system as far as I know.

I'm being very dodgy here, but I think I've read it here or somewhere else that he's able to block alot of things out. He's a very shy lad as a result...

Postby Tubberlad

wildJONESEYE wrote:he must feel some pressures hes had some shocking loses in the PTC and other times he goes on a mini run.

if he can play like that or just fraction of that all the time and not feeling the pressure he would have had a better run of results.

We'll wait and see I guess...

Postby PLtheRef

the question is that do we expect the 'young generation' as they were dubbed to still be at the top of the game come the time when many will be in their mid 40s - From what we have seen in recent years, the WC age has gone up with the correlation of the ages of the 'young generation' that they were dubbed, the WCs of 2007, 2008 and 2009 each were born in 1975. Instances of surviving beyond the 35th birthday peak in this sport are generally rare, - especially in the more recent past so whether I think they will be the main men? I think they will have some chance of being in the 16, especially those who are currently in the higher echelons of the 16. - Personally I think Ronnie and John could last into the top 16 by 2019 - whether they are is a more interesting thing, plus I'd put more on Ronnie being there given John's circumstances over the last few months. MJW has spent more recent time in the lower 16 and even outside it, so I think he may slide down from the class of 92 when the game was opened up.

If we take the 35th birthday as a par - looking at John Higgins being the oldest world champion since Dennis Taylor won it at age 36 - then from the current crop, the ones with the most to gain are Neil and Mark Allen. - Neil moreso. Neil's 28, and that means he has plenty of time before he turns 35 - plus, he's had a dozen years on the circuit so he has the invaluable experience of climbing the ladder in general and not through the fast track system that the opening of the game brought for the class of 92'.

Mark has been to the last four and last eight in the last two Crucibles - and personally I think it wouldnt surprise me if he won the title in this decade, maybe later on but he certainly can do it. - Plus Mark doesnt hit his 35th birthday until 2021.

But Snooker is a sport where youngsters are developing all the time. Who'd heard last year about Anda Zhang? - Who'd heard prior to 2008 about Liang Wenbo? - ok they're two players but its a sport where young people are developing fast. We have Trump - who's more or less now a middle guard at age 21 - White's 19, and he's part of what could be described as a new brigade (as Davis may call it) - Michael has built up experience but hasnt really played infront of cameras (which will be the real test) - I've seen him play, and boy he can pot the balls. - From the newer brigade he'll be one to watch.

So my main men for 2010-2019 are Robertson, Allen and White.

And feel free to remind me of this post on Tuesday December 31st 2019

thetubberlad wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:There hasn't been a condition yet that doesn't effect your nervous system as far as I know.

I'm being very dodgy here, but I think I've read it here or somewhere else that he's able to block alot of things out. He's a very shy lad as a result...

There's a scientific saying for it, which I don't know, but as I understand it, what shows on the outside doesn't necessarily reflect what's going on in the inside.

Postby PLtheRef

thetubberlad wrote:

Holy poo... if that's genuine, he really, really is something special. I feel like I've just seen God shooting a few :scared:

You talking about Luca here?

Postby Wildey

infact i wasent fair on the lad

PTC1
Lost 4-0 Marco Fu

PTC2
Beat Jamie Clark 4-3
Lost Martin Gould 4-3

PTC3
Lost 4-2 Adam Duffy

PTC4
did not play

EPTC1
Beat James Mcbain 4-2
Lost Mike Dunn 4-2

EPTC2
Beat Ronni Beniesch 4-0
Lost Jamie Jones 4-3

PTC 5
Beat Ian Burns 4-2
Beat Paul Davison 4-2
Beat Justin Astley 4-1
Lost Marco Fu 4-1

PTC6
Lost Chen Zhe 4-2

EPTC3
Beat Andy Hicks 4-3
Beat Anthony McGill 4-3
Lost Marco Fu 4-3

its taken pretty usefull players to beat him

Marco Fu 3 times
Martin Gould
Jamie Jones PTC Finalist

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:
And feel free to remind me of this post on Tuesday December 31st 2019

i will i never forget nothing :redneck:

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:His PTC performances don't actually look too bad on paper... and they're steadily improving...

absolutely when i started looking at them i expected some shockers but its a pretty impressive CV For first taste of pro life at 15 years of age.

Postby Tubberlad

I will try not to lose the run of myself with this kid, but judging by some of the videos I've watched tonight, he's got unlimited potential. It's another thing to deliver on that, but his PTC results are pretty decent for a fifteen year old finding his feet in the professional game.

I just typed this into You Tube, luca Brecel missing, this is what I found....

No videos found for “luca brecel missing”

Postby Tubberlad

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:I just typed this into You Tube, luca Brecel missing, this is what I found....

No videos found for “luca brecel missing”

<laugh>