Post a reply

Re: Snooker TV Viewings...

Postby Eirebilly

<laugh> Stalin.

I was just wondering if they do show the snooker matches in Australia now that they have a World Champion. Darts was rarely seen on TV in Australia until that Aussie won the darts Worlds.

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

I do remember that Pot Black was very popular when it was broadcast on Aussie TV in the 1970s but this might be due to Eddie Charlton being successful in the tournament

Postby Eirebilly

I just know that whenever the Aussies get a world champion in a sport, it kind of booms there. It would be interesting to see if they showed snooker, what figures they get and asses if its worthwhile holding a tournement in Australia. I am sure that the pro's would jump at the chance to go to Australia.

Postby Wildey

Australians Like Winners so having a World Everything Player as one of their own it could really go big there.

Postby Eirebilly

wildJONESEYE wrote:Australians Like Winners so having a World Everything Player as one of their own it could really go big there.

This is true, its also why i would like to see some viewing figures from there as if they are reasonably high then it would be more than wortwhile to play a tournement there.

Postby randam05

Sorry I cant bring them to you billy, i have searched high and low <ok>

Postby Eirebilly

Thanks anyways randam, it would have been a very interesting figure i feel.

Postby Wildey

before the pat mooney thing the PTC Series was going to be on 3 levels

4 PTC

4 EPTC

4 WPTC (World Players Tour championship)

i hope that's still a plan for next year and lets explore Australia,Canada once again,South Africa(Peter might play ;) ) etc

i guess it was 2 of each to make up the 6 then.

Postby Eirebilly

I do hope that there is a tournement penciled in for Australia soon. It would be a shame not to capitalise on the fact that the Aussies are sports mad and have a World Champion.

Postby randam05

This years UK, the most dissapointing so far..theres no way BBC will want to continue like this. Not even the final came in the top 10 watched that week, but came at a pathetic 18th place.

2010= 18. SNOOKER UK CHAMPS FINAL (SUN 20:00) 1.940 million

PAST THREE YEARS:

2009= SNOOKER UK CHAMPS FINAL (SUN 21:04) 2.140 million
2008= SNOOKER UK CHAMPS FINAL (SUN 20:04) 1.690 million (not its lowest yet then)
2007= SNOOKER UK CHAMPS FINAL (SUN 20:00) 2.180 million

Postby wheelsofsteel

That is shocking. So much for snooker being second to football. The BDO darts could beat that this week. And what message will the BBC take out of that.

"Right Ronnie, we want you to walk on with an invisible dog"

"But I've already got one - each! "

Postby Wildey

wheelsofsteel wrote:That is shocking. So much for snooker being second to football. The BDO darts could beat that this week. And what message will the BBC take out of that.

"Right Ronnie, we want you to walk on with an invisible dog"

"But I've already got one - each! "

the BDO Darts wont hit a million

Postby randam05

Last years darts world champ:

2009 WORLD DARTS BBC2(SUN 17:50) 3.090 million

Saying something? sorry for proving wrong wild.

Postby randam05

Is that not interesting?

Interested me, never though darts would get more viewings then snooker..sigh

Postby Witz78

randam05 wrote:This years UK, the most dissapointing so far..theres no way BBC will want to continue like this. Not even the final came in the top 10 watched that week, but came at a pathetic 18th place.

2010= 18. SNOOKER UK CHAMPS FINAL (SUN 20:00) 1.940 million

PAST THREE YEARS:

2009= SNOOKER UK CHAMPS FINAL (SUN 21:04) 2.140 million
2008= SNOOKER UK CHAMPS FINAL (SUN 20:04) 1.690 million (not its lowest yet then)
2007= SNOOKER UK CHAMPS FINAL (SUN 20:00) 2.180 million

if ever theres a case for starting the finals earlier then surely thats it.

i know the BBC normally dictate the start times but surely they can be persuaded that if the 2nd session started at say 6pm then more people would be watching from the start, and get into the match and stick with it to the conclusion which would be at a more sensible time, especially for kids to watch.

Postby Casey

I have been saying for the last 3 years that the UK is in trouble :sad:

The BDO pulled over 3million? When was the last time snooker did that?

Postby randam05

JR did it! wrote:I have been saying for the last 3 years that the UK is in trouble :sad:

The BDO pulled over 3million? When was the last time snooker did that?

Suprisingly at the 2009 WC final.

2009 WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL (MON 20:00) 3,039 million

But that was soon as the program started..wonder how many realised it was snooker on and turned it off a minute later. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

i think we are forgetting a very important fact here EUROSPORT,online and red button coverage none of them are in those figures.

not only British Eurosport for British viewers but Eurosport across europe.

so the BDO had more viewers than the PDC also.

Postby randam05

Eurosport :

2010 SNOOKER WCH FINAL (MON 14:23) 105,000

2010 SNOOKER UK CHAMPIONSHIP (THU 19:05) 49,000

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:Eurosport :

online and red button which is available for finals and you can by pass the rubbish from Davis which more and more choose to do.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:

online and red button which is available for finals and you can by pass the rubbish from Davis which more and more choose to do.

yeh right, who on earth choses the red button or interactive over live coverage and the studio analysis unless they have no choice <doh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

yeh right, who on earth choses the red button or interactive over live coverage and the studio analysis unless they have no choice <doh>

me <ok>

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

me <ok>

how come then your always on here yapping about what Davis has said during the intervals :chin:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:online and red button which is available for finals and you can by pass the rubbish from Davis which more and more choose to do.

me <ok>

how come then your always on here yapping about what Davis has said during the intervals :chin:

if someone comments on here the fact steve talks marmite as per usual i will put my opinion forward but very rarely these days i watch terrestrial coverage of the snooker.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

me <ok>

if someone comments on here the fact steve talks marmite as per usual i will put my opinion forward but very rarely these days i watch terrestrial coverage of the snooker.

Yeh i always had you down as more of a Power Snooker, Premier League and Sky Shootout Man :D

Postby Lucky

Red button seems a good thing.....it aint, Moto GP was fully covered on red button, like snooker.......when push comes to shove, red button doesn't count towards viewing figures, its a half way house between TV worthy and no ones watching, its a dangerous position for snooker to be placed, unless your placed on the main channels in 'peak' viewing hours, your classed as a minority intrest <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

Lucky balls wrote:Red button seems a good thing.....it aint, Moto GP was fully covered on red button, like snooker.......when push comes to shove, red button doesn't count towards viewing figures, its a half way house between TV worthy and no ones watching, its a dangerous position for snooker to be placed, unless your placed on the main channels in 'peak' viewing hours, your classed as a minority intrest <ok>

Interesting. Has MotoGP been dropped totally by the Beeb Lucky? I don't really follow it so wouldn't know. Any other examples?

All the more interesting when you see that the World Open has been dropped, and the BBC don't seem altogether keen to hold on to their TV coverage in spite of snooker's recent upturn in fortune...