Post a reply

Re: Ronnie's aftermath of the 140-147 incident

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:Enjoy it while it lasts GJ.
It just so happens im away 2 the rest of the world open then on hols in spain next week so the break from here is coincidental. Anyway im out of here now before i blow up. To be continued tho GJ, Watch this space. Says it all that i far prefer Wild to you haha

:chin: :chin:

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:GJ & John: Neither of you understand O'Sullivan. I'm no different. But I do believe he loves snooker, and the fans, to such an extent that it's unhealthy.

im way behind on this thread lol

yes i believe he loves snooker but he comes over as someone who would rather stick needles in his eyes than play it.

that's not the message barry hearn wants to put out there to entice sponsors,fans and TV.

Postby Tubberlad

rocket_ron wrote:
It just so happens im away 2 the rest of the world open then on hols in spain next week so the break from here is coincidental. Anyway im out of here now before i blow up. To be continued tho GJ, Watch this space. Says it all that i far prefer Wild to you haha

:chin: :chin:

Enjoy your holiday Witz <ok> and don't come back without a lady

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:GJ & John: Neither of you understand O'Sullivan. I'm no different. But I do believe he loves snooker, and the fans, to such an extent that it's unhealthy.

yes i believe he loves snooker but he comes over as someone who would rather stick needles in his eyes than play it.

that's not the message barry hearn wants to put out there to entice sponsors,fans and TV.

He didn't win 3-0 and make a 147 by not trying ...

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

What you're not grasping here Wild is that Ronnie probably does more to promote the sport than anyone else. Breaks like the one he produced yesterday, and the controversy surrounding it, are what people love. See 606 yesterday: have you seen it that busy all year?

In terms of actually making appearances and talking, I'd have Neil Robertson as the man to promote the game.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

then he comes off stage with the karistma of a wet January bank holiday in Blackpool.

and i do think he couldn't care less if he won or lost and played with that freedom where he did not care

Postby Wildey

i don't think he does promote it he promotes himself where we get a thousand seifers that don't appreciate the game.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

then he comes off stage with the karistma of a wet January bank holiday in Blackpool.

and i do think he couldn't care less if he won or lost and played with that freedom where he did not care

<laugh> best yet

Postby Bourne

He hates the press side of the game and it's pretty clear to anyone that he's made no secret of that ... I admit that he could do more to sound like he's enjoying himself but if he's not then why should we complain about him for speaking honestly ? Would people have looked at him in a good way if he said after the match that an extra bonus meant nothing to him ? I doubt it.

Postby Tubberlad

wildJONESEYE wrote:i don't think he does promote it he promotes himself where we get a thousand seifers that don't appreciate the game.

He is indirectly promoting the game in the best way possible. Who doesn't enjoy watching him play? Frame aside.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:He hates the press side of the game and it's pretty clear to anyone that he's made no secret of that ... I admit that he could do more to sound like he's enjoying himself but if he's not then why should we complain about him for speaking honestly ? Would people have looked at him in a good way if he said after the match that an extra bonus meant nothing to him ? I doubt it.

that's a great point if he hates the press why make himself in to a talking point that doesn't make sense.

he is a walking contradiction i think he craves attention why do what he does if he want a quiet life away from the press :huh2: .

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:He hates the press side of the game and it's pretty clear to anyone that he's made no secret of that ... I admit that he could do more to sound like he's enjoying himself but if he's not then why should we complain about him for speaking honestly ? Would people have looked at him in a good way if he said after the match that an extra bonus meant nothing to him ? I doubt it.

that's a great point if he hates the press why make himself in to a talking point that doesn't make sense.

he is a walking contradiction i think he craves attention why do what he does if he want a quiet life away from the press :huh2: .

So you're saying he should have avoided the interview with Rob Walker seconds after the match ? How would that have looked :?

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:

yes ronnie is an attention seeker - FACT

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:i don't think he does promote it he promotes himself where we get a thousand seifers that don't appreciate the game.

He is indirectly promoting the game in the best way possible. Who doesn't enjoy watching him play? Frame aside.

what im saying is on the table he is fantastic i don't care about the not potting black thing thats great for me something different something exciting and unpredictable but then he dilutes what hes done by saying it was crap it was nothing special etc.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

So you're saying he should have avoided the interview with Rob Walker seconds after the match ? How would that have looked :?

he should have been buzzing in that interview but it felt like waiting for a bus to come along.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:

what im saying is on the table he is fantastic i don't care about the not potting black thing thats great for me something different something exciting and unpredictable but then he dilutes what hes done by saying it was crap it was nothing special etc.

Yeh i'll agree with that, he's too harsh on himself but then I don't know about his mental condition so i'm not going to be hard on him for it. But I do believe he really loves the game to still be this good after 18 odd years as a pro

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:

attention seeking

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:he should have been buzzing in that interview but it felt like waiting for a bus to come along.

We all say silly things from time to time wild ;)

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:he should have been buzzing in that interview but it felt like waiting for a bus to come along.

In fairness, or in hindsight, you've touched on something there.....

If you've ever done something the majority of people in this world can't do, putting a microphone underneath someone's nose straight after, can be a bit intimidating, in fairness.

Postby Bourne

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Bourne wrote:

If you've ever done something the majority of people in this world can't do, putting a microphone underneath someone's nose straight after, can be a bit intimidating, in fairness.

They have talked about stopping post-match pressers with managers after Premier League games because the managers will often bad-mouth a ref for a bad decision or whatever, but 99 times out of 100 when they're given time, they will rescind those comments. Emotions are so high in the heat of battle, so you can expect at least the odd comment to be 'controversial' in any medium.

Postby Roland

GJ and Witz - please try not to get personal!

Witz - I hope you enjoy your holiday and see you back here soon <ok>

If you can though, try and post from the World Open if you get chance.

Postby Rocket_ron

Bourne wrote:
Bourne wrote:

They have talked about stopping post-match pressers with managers after Premier League games because the managers will often bad-mouth a ref for a bad decision or whatever, but 99 times out of 100 when they're given time, they will rescind those comments. Emotions are so high in the heat of battle, so you can expect at least the odd comment to be 'controversial' in any medium.

Wenger :john:

Bourne wrote:They have talked about stopping post-match pressers with managers after Premier League games because the managers will often bad-mouth a ref for a bad decision or whatever, but 99 times out of 100 when they're given time, they will rescind those comments. Emotions are so high in the heat of battle, so you can expect at least the odd comment to be 'controversial' in any medium.

How do you differentiate then from the public getting to know the players characters then?

Not a 'pop' question, footballers do it all day long, every day, with local radio's & that. Different moments of time I know, so should we just expect it, & our trust in them folk will stay true?

Or what.....?

I can feel a tune coming on.....

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:

Yes but why not headbutt rob walker do something exciting and passionate with the interview :redneck:

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Yes but why not headbutt rob walker do something exciting and passionate with the interview :redneck:

headbutt rob walker <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> pure brilliance

wildJONESEYE wrote:Yes but why not headbutt rob walker do something exciting and passionate with the interview :redneck:

So, he does it again in a final frame decider, like he did against Mark Selby, tho this time, its in the final, any final, you pick. Would he have left the black where it was & waited for Rob Walker to come on & tell him?

Rob Walker: Congratulations Ronnie on winning another title, but do us a favour, show us a bit more than that, & pot that black for the 147.
Ronnie: Why?

& on that note, I'd like to dedicate this tune for the honest souls out there who don't honestly know....

Nite, :)
The Chain, Fleetwood Mac...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcawnRIyeok

Postby Monique

Just a few more ...

Barry Hearn it seems threatened Ronnie with disciplinary action if he did it again. That's pretty daft as there no ground at all for disciplinary action: when the frame is won and there is only the black on the table the player has no obligation to pot it. I checked with Dave Hendon and with a ref. That's nonsense and would only sent Ro balistic because he would pretty know it!

The media has reported Mark J Williams had "criticised" Ronnie for not potting that black. I just can't believe it people took that seriouly...

What Mark J said (according to various media and reported by Dave H on twitter) was
"I said when he was on 24 I thought he'd make a maximum.
He should have potted the black without messing about, or played a double on it or played safe.
But that's why people come to watch him, to see what he's going to do."

Can you imagine the havoc if Ronnie HAD played it safe? That would have been even more of a :bird:

Mark J has a very dry sense of humour that is clearly lost on most. So today he made it clear.

Two-time world champ MARK WILLIAMS defended O'Sullivan.
After beating Ali Carter 3-1 in Glasgow, Williams, 35, said: "Ronnie should have potted it. However, there should be a decent prize. I'm not sure where they get the money from but it shouldn't be hard to get £20,000 out of the prize fund.

(The Sun and others)

I'm glad one top player at least had the guts to say what they all think: that Ronnie has a valid point even if the way he made it was not the best. Because they would all benefit for it if he gets it through...

I'm almost certain Ronnie knew very well there was no prize money for a maxi. The reason he asked was to make the audience fully aware of it also.

Postby GJ

good if you prefer me to anyone else on here i would leave this place as that would be the last straw

:ahh: