Post a reply

Re: Ronnie's aftermath of the 140-147 incident

Postby Rocket_ron

Thompson Lykes wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:what would happen if a punter layed on a bet that Ronnie would make a 147 then Ronnie on the Pink perfect on the Black this guy on his settee Getting Excited £20,000 in the Bank then Ronnie walks out on 140 leaving this guy WITH £0,000

One punter contacted the Scotman paper to say he'd bet Ronnie to make 140 then foul the black.

"I had a deal, i mean a dream where Ronnie would do that, and to cover myself, I mean in bed when I was having the dream, Jan would allow him to grab Mark King's hand then call foul to make doubly sure. I can't believe at odds of 1000/1 with £1000 on they have refused to pay out," said upset punter, a Mr Burnett from Glasgow.

He added "if you want the job done these days do it yourself"

<laugh>

Postby NedB-H

thetubberlad wrote:I think the 147 from Ronnie was definitely showmanship. Would anyone else have done that? Would anyone else have gotten people talking about snooker?

By the way, I think this has been a very enjoyable tournament.

That's the key tubber. I know people who only watch snooker when O'Sullivan's on cos he's so good to watch, I know people with only a vague interest in snooker who were buzzing about the incident on Monday, and people who didn't know there was a tournament on this week who were asking me what he'd done. He attracts interest and attention to the game in a way no one else can. People talk about disrespecting the game, but it's only a game after all, what he did with the 147 is just lighthearted stuff that suits the entertainment of sport. Disrespecting the game is doing things that affect the outcome of the match, fixing or whatever, faffing around after the frame's won isn't disrespecting the game, unless people think making 147s is more what snooker's about than winning your match. It's a fuss about nothing, his shot choice in the previous frame was more disrespectful to the game.

Postby gallantrabbit

Ronnie`s smoothed it over cos today he was in a good mood cos he played Jimmy who he respects greatly and now has Hendry who he also respects.
I don`t think he was on a wind up the other day, just attention seeking, but it`s not the end of the world.
Hearny might have spoken with him who knows.
At the end of the day I`d still rather watch Ronnie in a club handicap than most of the guys in the final at the Crucible and that`s no disrespect to other players cos I love good snooker, but Ronnie plays on this knowledge that he is something special and that snooker will always bend over backwards to keep him.