Post a reply

Re: Hearn: John Higgin's reputation is tarnished

Postby GJ

The WORLD CHAMPION also said he was looking forward to john higgins playing in upcoming tournaments

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:Robbo definitely comes across as a little surprised at it all, he's allowed his opinion though and he didn't say anything to smear Higgins' name so nothing wrong with that.

the whole thing overshadowed his major moment ask yourselves this would you be happy no matter what the punishment was.

Yeh the timing was pretty sick, it was pretty hard to really watch the final like in previous years being able to enjoy it, while there is so much uncertainty in the background.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Every time I see him talk about it, I still see the boy that I knew, who was a lovely young honest Snooker playing fella. He trusted someone, & he got his fingers burnt for trusting them. I see it as sad. :-(

I just hope he stays as strong willed as he's always been & he still has that gritty determined face on him when he's back on our TV screens looking down the cue.

Good Luck to the Boy. <ok>

Postby Casey

Its a shame though John, because Robbos comments will be typical of the players thoughts ie. they are actually wrong about what he got found guilty of and not guilty of etc. The comparison to Hann is way off the mark.

Interesting he says other things are in the hands of his lawyers - suing the NOTW maybe?

Postby Bourne

Do we know if he'll be in Glasgow next week ? I would suggest it's a good idea he isn't there, might take a lot of focus away from the snooker and we could do without that again.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Case, Hi. Like anyone who feels wrongly done by, you'll shout & scream till your names cleared.

Bourne. Hi. He's got to come out sooner rather than later, tho next week, even tho the comp is only a few miles away, it'll be interesting to see if he does?

I can see John's personality changing pdq tho.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:Its a shame though John, because Robbos comments will be typical of the players thoughts ie. they are actually wrong about what he got found guilty of and not guilty of etc. The comparison to Hann is way off the mark.

Interesting he says other things are in the hands of his lawyers - suing the NOTW maybe?

its not on the face of it but when you look deep in to it yes there's no real comparison Hann gave :bird: to World Snooker basicly .....ROBBO just scratched the surface of both cases

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Do we know if he'll be in Glasgow next week ? I would suggest it's a good idea he isn't there, might take a lot of focus away from the snooker and we could do without that again.

well if he lives there i take a guess he will be in Glasgow lol however he will not be at the venue hence the recorded interview :)

Postby randam05

I dont see why us/fans/viewers/players/proffessionals should judge him differentley now on the snooker table than ever before.

This is why I hated the media, cant they just leave things like this case and let sport and life flow smoothly through sportsmen and celebs. Why did NOTW do something like this!? it gets me so angry.

So I will not think any differentley AT ALL of John Higgins and I hope none of you do once he returns.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:Do we know if he'll be in Glasgow next week ? I would suggest it's a good idea he isn't there, might take a lot of focus away from the snooker and we could do without that again.

well if he lives there i take a guess he will be in Glasgow lol however he will not be at the venue hence the recorded interview :)

:bird:

Thanks wild :redneck:

Postby Bourne

davehendon Hazel's excellent at that sort of thing. Should be an interesting interview. Presumably they told Higgins there were cameras in the room.
12 minutes ago via web

Hendon <laugh>

Postby GJ

Well in my opinion higgins fellow pro's are entitled to their views on the whole case as they are the ones who play in the same tournaments as john

Postby Smart

case_master wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:robbo's views on john higgins

It is going to take John a bit of time to earn the respect amongst all the players again and some will be thinking the ban should have been harder. Players will have different opinions and it will be interesting to see how John will come back into the game - and also how the crowds react.

I read Robbo's comments and I think he should read the verdict again before comparing it to hann's situation. hann was found guilty of something different, the board believed he was going to go through with it - they did not with John. hann did not put up a defense and retired - John did defend himself.

To comment on something so serious I think Neil really should have got the facts right.

Robbo WC :clap: <ok>

Postby GJ

StalinESQ wrote:
case_master wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:robbo's views on john higgins

It is going to take John a bit of time to earn the respect amongst all the players again and some will be thinking the ban should have been harder. Players will have different opinions and it will be interesting to see how John will come back into the game - and also how the crowds react.

I read Robbo's comments and I think he should read the verdict again before comparing it to hann's situation. hann was found guilty of something different, the board believed he was going to go through with it - they did not with John. hann did not put up a defense and retired - John did defend himself.

To comment on something so serious I think Neil really should have got the facts right.

Robbo WC :clap: <ok>

smart in pro robbo comment shocker

<laugh> rofl

Postby Roland

Regardless of what you think of him, everyone should acknowledge that JH was trying to do good for the game by getting involved in the World Series and taking it to places like Germany to demonstrate how popular it is when those on the board at World Snooker were ignoring the opportunities and instead going to places like Bahrain.

Also judging by the number of hits from Ireland (North and South) on here it's clear the NI Trophy should make a reappearance in one form or another. Bring back Goffs and one event North and one South of the border. Unless anyone can explain to me the reasons for canning both events in the first place?

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:Robbo definitely comes across as a little surprised at it all, he's allowed his opinion though and he didn't say anything to smear Higgins' name so nothing wrong with that.

the whole thing overshadowed his major moment ask yourselves this would you be happy no matter what the punishment was.

.....and has there been an apology from DJ to Dotty or Robbo WC. :chin:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Forgive me for pointing it out but NoTW are the ones who owe Dotty and Robbo an apology in my book.

but wouldnt it go a long way if he said.

"im sorry that my plight overshadowed the centrepiece of the snooker calender i know how id feel if the shoe was on the other foot"

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:Forgive me for pointing it out but NoTW are the ones who owe Dotty and Robbo an apology in my book.

but wouldnt it go a long way if he said.

"im sorry that my plight overshadowed the centrepiece of the snooker calender i know how id feel if the shoe was on the other foot"

wild <cool>

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Regardless of what you think of him, everyone should acknowledge that JH was trying to do good for the game by getting involved in the World Series and taking it to places like Germany to demonstrate how popular it is when those on the board at World Snooker were ignoring the opportunities and instead going to places like Bahrain.

Also judging by the number of hits from Ireland (North and South) on here it's clear the NI Trophy should make a reappearance in one form or another. Bring back Goffs and one event North and one South of the border. Unless anyone can explain to me the reasons for canning both events in the first place?

The Northern Ireland trophy was largely funded by Belfast City Council (public money) they came under pressure to make some cuts and unfortunately they had to cut funding. Its a shame because the waterfront hall is one of the best venues on the circuit.
There are strong rumours that the PTC grand final will be held in Ireland.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:If I were Robertson, I couldn't give intercourse what Higgins was doing. I just win the World Championship, the last thing going through my mind is; "Ooooh what's Higgins done?" <doh>

He was asked the question in an interview, it's not like he's called a press conference to tell the world his feelings ...

Postby Tubberlad

case_master wrote:
Sonny wrote:Regardless of what you think of him, everyone should acknowledge that JH was trying to do good for the game by getting involved in the World Series and taking it to places like Germany to demonstrate how popular it is when those on the board at World Snooker were ignoring the opportunities and instead going to places like Bahrain.

The Northern Ireland trophy was largely funded by Belfast City Council (public money) they came under pressure to make some cuts and unfortunately they had to cut funding. Its a shame because the waterfront hall is one of the best venues on the circuit.
There are strong rumours that the PTC grand final will be held in Ireland.

I went to the Waterfront, really liked it, but still not quite up there with Citywest for me.

Postby Thompson Lykes

Talking about damaged reputations, big Bazza's will be damaged if he has different rules for different people.

Higgins was fined 75 grand for not reporting the approach in Kiev.

On the same day Mark King appeared in News of the World saying he'd been approached.

Surely Mr Hearn, we can expect some action pronto?

Postby Monique

The main difference though was that King never went along with it or gave the impression he would agree. And that's a massive difference.
My understanding is also that it happened under the old board (or am I mistaken?). That doesn't change the rules of course but given the way cases of actual suspicious behaviours had been dealt with (or rather not dealt with) maybe King was entitled to think it was not even worth the effort to report it.