Post a reply

Would you push the button?

I am a Ronnie fan and I would push the button.
21%
I am a Ronnie fan and I would not push the button.
29%
I am neutral toward Ronnie and would push the button.
No votes
I am neutral toward Ronnie and would not push the button.
7%
I don't like Ronnie and would push the button.
21%
I don't like Ronnie and would not push the button.
21%

Total votes : 14

Exciting poll question for Ronnie fans and haters alike!

Postby D4P

If you could push a button that would cause Ronnie to win the World Snooker Championship this year and then immediately and permanently retire, never to play in an official snooker event again, would you push it?

Re: Exciting poll question for Ronnie fans and haters alike!

Postby Prop

Option 2 for me.

I’d prefer to see him play on beyond the current season. The novelty of a WC win and 888 would wear off pretty quickly, and then you’d be left with snooker without Ronnie. Like it or not, he’s good for the game. He creates stories, controversies and occasionally plays in a way that makes it look like magic. No other player today is anywhere close to making snooker as cool as Ronnie does. He’s a bell end, but we don’t have to judge him solely on his personality. Be careful what you wish for.

Postby Dragonfly

Option 2. At this stage we are all aware that Ronnie is a bit of a tool. Sometimes he comes out with stuff that I can't stand. His constant moaning about being a snooker player and how he wants more money does my head in.

He is also the greatest player of all time. He can make a sport look like a beautiful high art form. In full flow there is no better sight in world sport. No other player can come close to making snooker look so wondrous.
Sooner or later he will retire. But I hope for some time more of great performances. Like I say he can do my head in, but when he packs it in I wonder where my relationship with snooker will be at. I know I will still watch, but I can't think of one single player that I would set aside the time to watch.

Postby chengdufan

I don't like Ronnie and would not push the button.

He's a complete tool, but it's very enjoyable watching him play snooker.
I don't care about records, I hope he carries on playing until he drops off the tour naturally.