Post a reply

Re: John not happy at all

Postby shanew48

mantorok wrote:Who the ever living buck thought "Let's have ROS on as a pundit"?

He obviously knows what he’s looking at from a technical perspective and they pay him to give his opinion so shouldn’t be too shocked when he gives those opinions, presumably he is unaware or perhaps doesn’t care that he may not be helping johns mental state with him currently having his own “stage fright” issues but there you go

Postby SnookerEd25

You think that’s bad - apparently Luke Littler lost to (shudder) a bus driver :shock: :hmmm:

Postby shanew48

SnookerEd25 wrote:You think that’s bad - apparently Luke Littler lost to (shudder) a bus driver :shock: :hmmm:

That’s not a shock at all as many bus drivers are tattooed and overweight making them more likely to play, succeed and excel at darts

Postby Holden Chinaski

shanew48 wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:You think that’s bad - apparently Luke Littler lost to (shudder) a bus driver :shock: :hmmm:

That’s not a shock at all as many bus drivers are tattooed and overweight making them more likely to play, succeed and excel at darts

What about postmen?

Postby Juddernaut88

I wonder which Snooker players don't have a snooker brain but have a good technique.

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:I wonder which Snooker players don't have a snooker brain but have a good technique.

I wonder which posters on the island don’t have a posting brain but don’t have good technique either :chin:

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:I wonder which Snooker players don't have a snooker brain but have a good technique.

Robbo 100%

Postby Prop

If all the colours are on their spots and he gets his hand on the table he’s lethal. But that’s all he’s taught himself. Scrappy frames, situations that need a bit of creativity, and he’s absolutely bucking lost.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerEd25 wrote:

I wonder which posters on the island don’t have a posting brain but don’t have good technique either :chin:

Snookerfan?

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerEd25 wrote:

Johnny

Postby SnookerEd25

Prop wrote:If all the colours are on their spots and he gets his hand on the table he’s lethal. But that’s all he’s taught himself. Scrappy frames, situations that need a bit of creativity, and he’s absolutely bucking lost.

Hard agree there, Prop <ok>

Postby Juddernaut88

Prop wrote:If all the colours are on their spots and he gets his hand on the table he’s lethal. But that’s all he’s taught himself. Scrappy frames, situations that need a bit of creativity, and he’s absolutely bucking lost.

It's strange because there was a time he was a very good tactical player and won so many scrappy frames. Certaintly in the past 18 months or so he's lost a lot of them.

Postby Prop

SnookerEd25 wrote:

Hard agree there, Prop <ok>

:hatoff:

Postby shanew48

Guess that would explain just the one WC then, some seem to think he has underachieved at the WC, perhaps he has overachieved there hence why his WC record is so poor

Postby Prop

shanew48 wrote:

Guess that would explain just the one WC then, some seem to think he has underachieved at the WC, perhaps he has overachieved there hence why his WC record is so poor

Possibly. It’s not quite that he’s a bad safety player per se - more that he seems to be susceptible to falling out of his comfort zone mentally. The thing about the Crucible feeling cramped, noise in the crowd, and then on the table things not going his way, they affect him much more than they should. His ‘zone’ is quite a narrow bandwidth, of a neat and tidy table and well-practiced shots.

Postby Dan-cat

Prop wrote:
shanew48 wrote:

Possibly. It’s not quite that he’s a bad safety player per se - more that he seems to be susceptible to falling out of his comfort zone mentally. The thing about the Crucible feeling cramped, noise in the crowd, and then on the table things not going his way, they affect him much more than they should. His ‘zone’ is quite a narrow bandwidth, of a neat and tidy table and well-practiced shots.

I dunno what's wrong with that geezer.

Postby Iranu

Murphy

Postby gninnur karona

Postby The_Abbott

John has made £1000 less than Ken Doherty in 2 years so does that mean Ken has no snooker brain either?

ROS is a berk. Plain and simple. He waffles on about his own problems and mental issues yet has no regard to another player.

ROS is the best player to watch. He is the second worse player on tour in terms of likability. Ahead of only Matthew Selt.

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Murphy

And Robbo arguably

Classic seagull.

Postby mantorok

Prop wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Murphy

And Robbo arguably

Classic seagull.

rofl

Postby Scooper

Iranu wrote:

Murphy

Murphy’s brain is too busy working out how to maximise his time on Tv between sessions.