Post a reply

Should Graeme Bott include every tournament when asked for scores?

Poll ended at 08 Feb 2024

All Types
28%
Ranking
22%
Invitational
22%
Ladies Ranking
6%
Qualifying
11%
Qualifying School
No votes
Q
No votes
Seniors
No votes
Team
No votes
Who's Graeme Bott?
No votes
Don't care
6%
Stop bothering me
6%

Total votes : 18

@botty scores & results - what to include

Postby mantorok

GB reports on all tournaments big or small, he doesn't discriminate. Vote on all that you would want included when you ask for scores or results from botty, he will continue to report in the main thread on all types of events, I think for match threads it can cause a bit too much clutter (as is the case at the moment).

Re: @botty scores & results - what to include

Postby HappyCamper

mantorok wrote:GB reports on all tournaments big or small, he doesn't discriminate. Vote on all that you would want included when you ask for scores or results from botty, he will continue to report in the main thread on all types of events, I think for match threads it can cause a bit too much clutter (as is the case at the moment).

can you make it clever enough to understand what thread it is posting in and only post scores relevant to that thread?

Postby mantorok

HappyCamper wrote:
mantorok wrote:GB reports on all tournaments big or small, he doesn't discriminate. Vote on all that you would want included when you ask for scores or results from botty, he will continue to report in the main thread on all types of events, I think for match threads it can cause a bit too much clutter (as is the case at the moment).

can you make it clever enough to understand what thread it is posting in and only post scores relevant to that thread?

Possibly :chin:

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:I say leave it as it is.

Who knows? One day somebody might want to know the results of ladies snooker or whatever.

To think, this was a response to your comment about some Albanian tournament being reported on...

Postby Prop

I chose ranking and invitational, but basically it’s anything that falls under the Main Tour, as per snooker.org (Calendar, Main Tour from drop down box).

Postby mantorok

Iranu wrote:Can you make it so we can ask “scores german masters” or whatever?

I considered that, but people can't even manage to just say "scores" at the moment lol

Postby mantorok

Prop wrote:I chose ranking and invitational, but basically it’s anything that falls under the Main Tour, as per snooker.org (Calendar, Main Tour from drop down box).

Hadn't spotted that, good call.

Postby SnookerEd25

McManusFan wrote:I think we should give Graeme a say.

What does @botty want?

I would imagine ‘freedom from Manty’ would be high on his agenda

Postby Iranu

mantorok wrote:
Iranu wrote:Can you make it so we can ask “scores german masters” or whatever?

I considered that, but people can't even manage to just say "scores" at the moment lol

If visionaries let people being idiots prevent progress, we’d still be living in caves.

Postby The_Abbott

Dan-cat wrote:Why not just have a new call.

@scores for current main tour tournament

@allscores for the lot

I like this idea. I only want to see results for the Peruvian Women's masters when I am desperate for them.