Post a reply

Re: Snooker Related Dreams

Postby Holden Chinaski

Prop wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I once had an incredible visual of a 3D snooker table towards the tail end of an ayahuasca (DMT) journey. A waking dream if you like.

And has it spun round a love letter fell into my head, a love letter from me to Ronnie. In the letter I thanked him for all the joy he had given me over the years being a fan, and for introducing me to Dr Steve Peter's seminal work The Chimp Paradox, a life-changing theorem for me. Useful information that I have passed on to many others through my seminar Happiness Technology and mindset coaching http://www.happytech.tv

This is the most Dan Cat post in the history of all Dan Cat posts.

So true rofl

Postby LC

I don’t recall having any snooker related dreams, which is a little surprising as I spend a lot of time either watching or playing, maybe my brain wants a break on a night!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I had a dream that two journeymen snooker players had a baby, and called him 'Rory Thor'.

THE MIGHTY THOR!

Postby Empire State Human

I'm playing in the final of the Welsh Open against Joe Perry. It's the deciding frame and we're on the final blue. I've played a killer safety shot, leaving the cue ball on the baulk cushion, and the blue is at the opposite end and there is no easy safety shot due to the position of the pink and black. Joe eventually decides to go for the pot, although he twitches and massively over-hits it. The blue hits the pocket knuckle and flies a dozen or so feet into the air ...

So high, in fact, that it disappears into the rafters and doesn't come down. On closer inspection, it's found to have rested in an abandoned bird's nest between two eggs, lying on a cross-beam. To my great alarm, the referee does not call a foul, and he argues that because the nest is positioned directly above the table it's considered still in play. I say it's a foul because the ball has left the bed of the table, but the referee vehemently disagrees. I appeal to Joe for help, but he just sits grinning in his chair.

Inevitably, I'm left attempting an impossible jump shot which is called a miss until snookers are required. But then it strikes me that Joe can't win without my concession because he could never play the next shot himself without me exercising the option to make him play again should he miss. So Joe makes me play again from the resulting position, and again, and again, and I still don't concede. Each time I look at him, the smug grin is permanently fixed on his face. In retaliation, between each shot I do my 'Steve Davis routine' of walking around the table and retiring to my chair for a sip of water before lamely jumping the cue ball no more than 2 feet in the air.

This deadlock continues for several hours as the spectators gradually thin out. By 5 am, the frame score is something like 950-50, and only half a dozen spectators remain. It hits me that the situation has passed what I could ever justify, and I start to feel pity for the spectators. I also consider that this incident might overshadow my entire career, that I would be panned in the press and on social media for not conceding in a hopelessly lost situation. Reluctantly, I concede. Joe punches the air in delight amid a smattering of fatigued applause. We have not spoken since.

Postby chengdufan

Empire State Human wrote:I'm playing in the final of the Welsh Open against Joe Perry. It's the deciding frame and we're on the final blue. I've played a killer safety shot, leaving the cue ball on the baulk cushion, and the blue is at the opposite end and there is no easy safety shot due to the position of the pink and black. Joe eventually decides to go for the pot, although he twitches and massively over-hits it. The blue hits the pocket knuckle and flies a dozen or so feet into the air ...

So high, in fact, that it disappears into the rafters and doesn't come down. On closer inspection, it's found to have rested in an abandoned bird's nest between two eggs, lying on a cross-beam. To my great alarm, the referee does not call a foul, and he argues that because the nest is positioned directly above the table it's considered still in play. I say it's a foul because the ball has left the bed of the table, but the referee vehemently disagrees. I appeal to Joe for help, but he just sits grinning in his chair.

Inevitably, I'm left attempting an impossible jump shot which is called a miss until snookers are required. But then it strikes me that Joe can't win without my concession because he could never play the next shot himself without me exercising the option to make him play again should he miss. So Joe makes me play again from the resulting position, and again, and again, and I still don't concede. Each time I look at him, the smug grin is permanently fixed on his face. In retaliation, between each shot I do my 'Steve Davis routine' of walking around the table and retiring to my chair for a sip of water before lamely jumping the cue ball no more than 2 feet in the air.

This deadlock continues for several hours as the spectators gradually thin out. By 5 am, the frame score is something like 950-50, and only half a dozen spectators remain. It hits me that the situation has passed what I could ever justify, and I start to feel pity for the spectators. I also consider that this incident might overshadow my entire career, that I would be panned in the press and on social media for not conceding in a hopelessly lost situation. Reluctantly, I concede. Joe punches the air in delight amid a smattering of fatigued applause. We have not spoken since.

This is possibly my favourite post on the island

Postby rekoons

chengdufan wrote:
Empire State Human wrote:I'm playing in the final of the Welsh Open against Joe Perry. It's the deciding frame and we're on the final blue. I've played a killer safety shot, leaving the cue ball on the baulk cushion, and the blue is at the opposite end and there is no easy safety shot due to the position of the pink and black. Joe eventually decides to go for the pot, although he twitches and massively over-hits it. The blue hits the pocket knuckle and flies a dozen or so feet into the air ...

This is possibly my favourite post on the island

+1

Postby SnookerEd25

Scooper wrote:Strange how often The Gentleman makes his way into dreams.

A dream to some…

A NIGHTMARE TO OTHERS

Postby Iranu

Can’t even shout.
Can’t even cry.
The Gentleman is coming by.

He’s looking in windows,
He’s knocking on doors.
He needs to take seven and he might take yours.

Can’t call to mom,
Can’t say a word.
You’re gonna die screaming but you won’t be heard.

Postby Alex0paul

Iranu wrote:

Can’t even shout.
Can’t even cry.
The Gentleman is coming by.

He’s looking in windows,
He’s knocking on doors.
He needs to take seven and he might take yours.

Can’t call to mom,
Can’t say a word.
You’re gonna die screaming but you won’t be heard.

Rob Walker’s new introduction for Perry?

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:

A dream to some…

A NIGHTMARE TO OTHERS

Alright, Pinhead.

Postby mack501

I played Ali Carter in the first round of the British Open and refused to shake hands with him,

Postby The_Abbott

I dreamt once that I was part of the Class of 92 (which had I been a professional I would have been as I am the same age as Ronnie). And I dreamt I had won the cruce 10 times but as my ego was so big, I would only bother to turn up at the World's and nothing else so my tour place was based on my performance at the World's.

So I had to perform well every year in order to stay on the tour. I dreamt I had a first round exit and was forced to retire despite being the best player in the world because I had a lazy attitude.

I did then dream I had to qualify for the Worlds for the following year and breezed through and won the worlds for an 11th time. Then I woke up.