Post a reply

Re: John Higgins tribunal thread

Postby randam05

Yup agree with you, I personally believe him. I would have done exactly what higgins done and gone along with it although he seemed very calm! but yes I believe what he says.

Postby GJ

case_master wrote:It just said on sky sports that Higgins has admitted agreeing to throw frames, however they claim only under intimidation to get away from what they thought were Russian Mafia.

sky are full of crap most of their stories from their so called sources end up being inaccurate :bs:

<doh>

Postby Wildey

in short we know sod all we didnt know 4 months ago.

Postby Roland

This from inside Hendons blog:

REAL UPDATE

Higgins and Mooney both plead guilty to certain charges

Witnesses and evidence dismissed due to guilty pleas

Both sets of lawyers for the guilty men now negotiating to try and reduce punishments for both

The tribunal is effectively over with no witnesses being called and no further evidence required

Final order of business - Punishment allocation.

Regards from a real insider not someone pretending to be inside

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:This from inside Hendons blog:

REAL UPDATE

Both sets of lawyers for the guilty men now negotiating to try and reduce punishments for both

The tribunal is effectively over with no witnesses being called and no further evidence required

8 YEar ban then its only fair <ok>

Postby Roland

I don't like the 8 year ban thing as mentioned above. It's not a precident as it was the old World Snooker style kangaroo court behind closed doors.

Anyway, who's to say this anon is telling the truth?

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

It makes you wonder....?

If that anon is true, what can they be guilty of, failing to report the approach?

Postby GJ

its says guilty to certain charges so why are the witnesses not speaking in regards to the other charges they havnt pleaded guilty to ?

Postby Noel

Ya well... you know how when Hearn seized
power it was a "Heads are going to roll!" proposition...

This is the only decision now...

WPBSA is and has always been out for number 1, themselves,
as it should be IMHO, and now after putting out the fires they've
taken as much time as necessary to limit collateral damage.

There's will be a long and winding uphill road I'm afraid, but an
essential and worthwhile challenge which I hope Hearn is up to.

As for John.. who is just the tip of the iceberg and the others that
will certainly get outed in this process... buck off fast.

=o(

Noel
Last edited by Noel on 07 Sep 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby kostasmad

Ok if what Hearn write is true i should say:

buck OFF BASTARD HIGGINS. YOU LET ME DOWN YOU FILTHY GREED BASTARD. I WILL PEE YOUR AUTOGRAPH AND BOTH OUR PICTURES. HOW CAN YOU DO THAT TO YOUR FANS AND GAME?

Postby Witz78

GJtheaussiestud wrote:its says guilty to certain charges so why are the witnesses not speaking in regards to the other charges they havnt pleaded guilty to ?

Possibly the other charges have now been dropped as the ones theyve plead guilty too amount to being the most serious ones and thered be no point pursuing a judgement in the other lesser charges as a guilty verdict here wouldnt significantly impact any further on the length of a potential ban that John is facing cos of his admission of guilt to some of the charges.

Only a theory though.

Postby Casey

FFS hold on folks, we have no idea which charges John has pleaded guilty to. Remember one of the charges was failing to report the approach which he has never denied.
His spokesman this morning said that John is still 100% innocent so I don't think he has pleaded guilty to that.

i think one of the other charges was bringing the game into disrepute, so by putting himself in the position and on camera he might have pleaded guilty to that also.

Hopefully we know more tomorrow <ok>

Postby Witz78

case_master wrote:FFS hold on folks, we have no idea which charges John has pleaded guilty to. Remember one of the charges was failing to report the approach which he has never denied.
His spokesman this morning said that John is still 100% innocent so I don't think he has pleaded guilty to that.

i think one of the other charges was bringing the game into disrepute, so by putting himself in the position and on camera he might have pleaded guilty to that also.

Hopefully we know more tomorrow <ok>

if he was ONE HUNDRED percent innocent he wouldnt have been guilty of anything though ;)

Postby Casey

REAL UPDATE

Just read that again and that could be anybody, notice the3 language when describing Higgins and Mooney 'guilty men' :chin:

Hopefully tomorrow we will get an official update <ok>

case_master wrote:

REAL UPDATE

Just read that again and that could be anybody, notice the3 language when describing Higgins and Mooney 'guilty men' :chin:
Hopefully tomorrow we will get an official update <ok>

I wouldn't say its too hard to figure out who said that. Hiding behind anonymity as per....

Postby Wildey

HOLD ON GUYS

thats a anon on hendons blog i thought you lot was experience online that sort of rubbish is spouted all the time.

Postby Casey

Sports resolution will be the ones who decide on any punishment and not world snooker. They have their own precedents for this so the Hann scenario is now irrelevant.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:Sports resolution will be the ones who decide on any punishment and not world snooker. They have their own precedents for this so the Hann scenario is now irrelevant.

i think thats good the punishement if guilty could be more than 8 years now <ok>

as ive said i never want to see him again holding a cue if guilty

Postby Casey

It won't be 8 years wild.
Even if its only 2 years he won't pick up a cue again, he would have to go to the cue school to qualify for the main tour, then if he did would start at the bottom with only starter points. At 37 that would be to much.

Postby GJ

hann should sue the relevant authorities for being given an unfair punishment

Hold on guy's, your talking as if he's already been found guilty? Have I missed something?

Postby GJ

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Hold on guy's, your talking as if he's already been found guilty? Have I missed something?

we are just discussing the possible punishments

The Cueist wrote:Agreed,They are the red top eqivalant of tv news.

This is the best post I've seen on here today about this.

The Cueist, if you don't mind, I'm gonna use that elsewhere. Very good analogy if you don't mind me saying so. <ok>

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:hann should sue the relevant authorities for being given an unfair punishment

han did :bird: to world snooker and buggered off as i was told yesterday i dont remember what exactly happened.

john will coaparate he is inocent in his eyes they were scared for their life they just have to prove that.

as has been mentioned the World Series was going to be part of PTC however in that meeting mooney was herd discussing 2 players Dott and Selby that was never going to be easy to plan within the ptc how was they going to play john etc

thats a case for the defence that it was just bravado so that they can get out of there pronto.

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:hann should sue the relevant authorities for being given an unfair punishment

han did :bird: to world snooker and buggered off as i was told yesterday i dont remember what exactly happened.

john will coaparate he is inocent in his eyes they were scared for their life they just have to prove that.

as has been mentioned the World Series was going to be part of PTC however in that meeting mooney was herd discussing 2 players Dott and Selby that was never going to be easy to plan within the ptc how was they going to play john etc

thats a case for the defence that it was just bravado so that they can get out of there pronto.

sorry mate if higgins is found guilty any punishment less than quinten's is out of order

guilty is guilty afterall

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Hold on guy's, your talking as if he's already been found guilty? Have I missed something?

You only ever receive a punishment if your found guilty.

I was a fan of Quinten Hann too GJ. I first noticed the boy back in '96. Then I found out he has the same bitrhday as me, the 4th of June & I was like yeah, go get 'em.
He upset people because he didn't fit the status quo at the time, & spoke out against the establishment at the time. Gifted he was, & probably still is.

Postby GJ

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

You only ever receive a punishment if your found guilty.

I was a fan of Quinten Hann too GJ. I first noticed the boy back in '96. Then I found out he has the same bitrhday as me, the 4th of June & I was like yeah, go get 'em.
He upset people because he didn't fit the status quo at the time, & spoke out against the establishment at the time. Gifted he was, & probably still is.

a real shame indeed he was a real talent

last i heard he was on the US pool circuit but that was a few years back