Post a reply

Re: John Higgins tribunal thread

Postby Wildey

lets not forget one thing here the tribunal does not set the ban they just find the Guilt or not guilty.

WPBSA Whitch David Douglass is vice chairman will be issuing the Ban......Barry Hearn wont be involved at all in that he isnt on the WPBSA Board any more.

Postby Bourne

Higgins being proven totally innocent of all charges would be the best thing to happen to this sport in a long time, I wish him all the best and believe he's innocent until guilty.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:I think if you're talking about character references, Higgins will have a lot more than Hann would have done.

I do hope Hann comes back one day though. He was pure entertainment value.

To be honest, I hate Hann. I always thought the guy was a prize pin end. bullocks to him, good riddance. :grrr:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Higgins being proven totally innocent of all charges would be the best thing to happen to this sport in a long time, I wish him all the best and believe he's innocent until guilty.

so say most of us <ok>

Postby Monique

wildJONESEYE wrote:lets not forget one thing here the tribunal does not set the ban they just find the Guilt or not guilty.

WPBSA Whitch David Douglass is vice chairman will be issuing the Ban......Barry Hearn wont be involved at all in that he isnt on the WPBSA Board any more.

No, Hearn wont be involved, not officially. But do you think he would allow anyone to put the trust of the sponsors at risk? This is his business, don't forget that.

Postby Roland

Well there was that side to him, but he was always worth watching. Remember the Andy Hicks incident? Quality! Of course there were the allegations of rape in the tabloids too which were thrown out in the end, but he was a bad boy and snooker could do with another tabloid bad boy to spice things up.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:lets not forget one thing here the tribunal does not set the ban they just find the Guilt or not guilty.

No, Hearn wont be involved, not officially. But do you think he would allow anyone to put the trust of the sponsors at risk? This is his business, don't forget that.

thats why he brought in David Douglass and Jason Ferguson not to mention Steve Davis on the board to make the right decision from both legal and players perspective.

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:Well there was that side to him, but he was always worth watching. Remember the Andy Hicks incident? Quality! Of course there were the allegations of rape in the tabloids too which were thrown out in the end, but he was a bad boy and snooker could do with another tabloid bad boy to spice things up.

amen

Postby Roland

From what I've picked up, Matt Selt could be that man if he manages to break into the elite.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:From what I've picked up, Matt Selt could be that man if he manages to break into the elite.

yes Matt selt is a character thats for sure he had a great season last and will find this season harder but i think theres enough balls in that guy to bulldoze his way in to the top 32 in the next year or 2.

Postby Roland

rocket_ron wrote:
Sonny wrote:From what I've picked up, Matt Selt could be that man if he manages to break into the elite.

why explain

Well there was the way he got on the tour for starters with the allegation about trying to bribe his opponent to lose in the PIOS event. And since then you pick up little things here and there. To be honest I can't remember specific details or they were things I can't back up with evidence and I've not met the man, but the impression I get is of a bad boy in waiting. He ruffles feathers, put it that way.

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

why explain

Well there was the way he got on the tour for starters with the allegation about trying to bribe his opponent to lose in the PIOS event. And since then you pick up little things here and there. To be honest I can't remember specific details or they were things I can't back up with evidence and I've not met the man, but the impression I get is of a bad boy in waiting. He ruffles feathers, put it that way.

i will look out for him then in the future, i share your view...snooker needs a badboy

Postby Roland

I used to think it would be Mags, but he turned out to be a nice bloke :redneck:

Postby Tubberlad

It'll be an interesting couple of days, that much we can be sure of. My views differ to the vast majority here, but I think we can all agree that the one thing we want to see for sure is certainty in the result.

Postby Casey

Well whatever peoples views we will get an answer soon. Remember the sporting intelligence have cast serious doubts over the video evidence.

Now with regards to Hann, he was alleged to have agreed to throw a MATCH, there has been no suggestion that john was going to throw a MATCH, big difference folks.

What I will say is if he is found guilty the length of ban is irrelevant as he would have no ranking and would have to start at the bottom, shamed. he wouldn't come back 9considering his age as well)

if Higgins is guilty it will be a sad day for the sport and I might have to take a break from watching/posting/caring tbh, it would be gutting personally.

Postby Roland

I don't even want to think about a bad outcome. John Higgins = legend as far as I'm concerned. I hope he's in the World Open and all this is behind him.

Postby Rocket_ron

case_master wrote: I might have to take a break from watching/posting/caring tbh, it would be gutting personally.

would you let it effect you that much case?

Postby Casey

rocket_ron wrote:
case_master wrote: I might have to take a break from watching/posting/caring tbh, it would be gutting personally.

would you let it effect you that much case?

When you follow a guys career for so long and have so much respect something like this makes me wonder about the whole sport.
There was other distractions at the time but its back on the agenda and got me thinking again.

I have the highest respect for John and believed in what he stands for, If that was misplaced it might be a good idea for me to take a break from snooker instead of blowing up on it all together.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I don't even want to think about a bad outcome. John Higgins = legend as far as I'm concerned. I hope he's in the World Open and all this is behind him.

he wont be in the World Open thats a given where do you propose they play him ?

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:if Higgins is guilty it will be a sad day for the sport and I might have to take a break from watching/posting/caring tbh, it would be gutting personally.

the only thing that matters and the only thing we should care about is the right decision is reached if john is a cheating scumbag ill pack his case and throw the runt overboard persanally.

Postby Roland

Names into a hat and one extra match with the full backing of fellow professionals welcoming their number 1 player back. In an ideal world. If he's found not guilty then he has every right to play in the World Open.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
case_master wrote:if Higgins is guilty it will be a sad day for the sport and I might have to take a break from watching/posting/caring tbh, it would be gutting personally.

the only thing that matters and the only thing we should care about is the right decision is reached if john is a cheating scumbag ill pack his case and throw the lady part overboard persanally.

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

Postby Roland

wildJONESEYE wrote:

the only thing that matters and the only thing we should care about is the right decision is reached if john is a cheating scumbag ill pack his case and throw the runt overboard persanally.

<laugh>

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:I think if you're talking about character references, Higgins will have a lot more than Hann would have done.

I do hope Hann comes back one day though. He was pure entertainment value.

To be honest, I hate Hann. I always thought the guy was a prize pin end. bullocks to him, good riddance. :grrr:

Hann was one of my all time faves, i wouldnt be surprised if the old WSA board instigated the sting on him just so theyd an excuse to be rid of him from the sport cos they saw him as trouble in the same way they used to ban Higgins at any opportunity.

Hann was a loveable rogue who was a loose cannon but in the right frame of mind he could play. Snookers badly missed him since his ban, id love to see him back just to noise up Robbo if nothing else.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Names into a hat and one extra match with the full backing of fellow professionals welcoming their number 1 player back. In an ideal world. If he's found not guilty then he has every right to play in the World Open.

with the format of the World Open that is a possibility where as the UK that would never happen.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:Names into a hat and one extra match with the full backing of fellow professionals welcoming their number 1 player back. In an ideal world. If he's found not guilty then he has every right to play in the World Open.

with the format of the World Open that is a possibility where as the UK that would never happen.

ehhhh hows it a possibility cos its the World Open ??? <doh>

the draws are made and the matches are already decided, how do you propose they just drop Higgins into the draw without mucking up the rest of the draw.

Postby Wildey

i just dont want to get in to this if hes guilty its to show him as an example and if hes not guilty barry hearn sweapt it under the carpet bullocks.

the only thing i care is the truth whichever way the cookie crumbles

as a fan of the sport and what hes done in the past id love it to be a not guilty verdict if it is NOT GUILTY and then move on in the new Barry Hearn World onwards and upwards. but if hes guilty then i don't give a toss what he does with the rest of his life.

Postby Tubberlad

Right, right, right...

John Higgins has always been a favourite of mine. I have always seen him as the best ambassador the game has had, I spoke to him when I was younger and he was nothing other than gent.

This was the most gutting thing that I've seen happen in the game. I was gutted when I heard it that morning.

That said: IF John Higgins is guilty, I'll echo Wild's sentiments. I think everyone here knows where I stand on this issue. People here know if I think Higgins is guilty or not. And people know I am in favour of heavy punishment for anyone found guilty of match fixing. Kick them out. No matter how good they might have been. My opinion.

A sad day? Hmmm... I don't know.