Post a reply

Re: John Higgins tribunal thread

Postby Noel

GJtheaussiestud wrote:hann should sue the relevant authorities for being given an unfair punishment

The overwhelming reason for it being unfair is that it didn't have the desired effect as a WARNING on
people like Higgins and others yet to be named.

If that kind of example is going to be set, this time against a guilty Number 1, 3 time World Champion,
as a serious shout out to current and future generations of snooker players, of fans and especially future sponsors,
then expect a Lifetime Ban.

Hearn is clearly not in the mood for just rehabilitating players, and rennovating the WPBSA from the top down.
Execution then demolition then build anew from ground up .

Just my speculation of course...

=o}

Noel
Last edited by Noel on 07 Sep 2010, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Wildey

think about this.

John and Money was discussing the throwing of matches in a tournament that was never going to be played and they knew they would never be played in the form they were discussing.

The WSS was being incorporated as part of the WSA PTC.

so the throwing of frames was impossible against Selby and Dott because unlike the OLD WSS organising Higgins to play Selby was impossible with hundreds playing as a pose to 8 and 8 wild cards in the WSS.

so in short Higgins was discussing throwing frames that he knew was never going to happen but the NOTW or the maffia Didnt.

i think the only plausible thing in this case is the intimidation aspect nothing else actually makes any sense what so ever as i said the WSS in that form was over.

Postby Casey

Well obviously Higgins was organising a separate event with the Russian's. The EPTC's were other events they had to organise.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:Well obviously Higgins was organising a separate event with the Russian's. The EPTC's were other events they had to organise.

NO the WSS was finished with they even had to cancel them last season due to intrest in tickets not there.

Postby Wildey

wildJONESEYE wrote:
case_master wrote:Well obviously Higgins was organising a separate event with the Russian's. The EPTC's were other events they had to organise.

NO the WSS was finished with they even had to cancel them last season due to intrest in tickets not there.

anyway i hope my theary is right that way what john said in kiev was total bravado to get the hell out of there and can be proven to be that if the PTC Was the only thing they were organising in europe.

Postby Casey

Well they have said they were there to organise a WSS event. Who is to say that they weren't tyring to resurrect that event?

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:

thats not true Wild, whilst the WSA under Hearn were going to be working alongside the WSOS and holding EPTC events, Hearn said before the sting that the WSOS would do all the legwork in tapping into new markets and the WSA would back them and in due course these would become EPTC events.

So the WSOS would still have existed this season albeit slightly driven by the WSA.

Postby GJ

IS THE VERDICT TOMORROW ?

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:IS THE VERDICT TOMORROW ?

I Doubt it my guess is it will be sometime next week officialy after the shanghai masters however with tweeting and F/B etc i bet we will here something sooner.

Postby Witz78

GJtheaussiestud wrote:IS THE VERDICT TOMORROW ?

hearing due to end tomorrow, we should get a statement etc tomorrow but as for the verdict, id be surprised if thats dished out tomorrow.

Postby GJ

cheers lads

Postby Casey

SnookerFan wrote:Any minute now....

:(

Not sure, close of work today is the deadline given....6pm

Postby Casey

And Higgins' agent Jim Cassidy said on Wednesday that his client was confident of clearing his name.

"The reality is in the last few months he's kept a dignified silence," added Cassidy.

"He goes in today knowing he's innocent of any match-fixing charges.

"I don't think we should prejudge unlike some media outlets yesterday. We'll let the QC make his decision."

Well this is it, Higgins has been silent whilst this case has taken its course. So the many questions people ask whilst prejudging his guilt ie. why didn't he report it, may yet be answered.

Postby Monique

Bourne wrote:I knew he was innocent !!!!!!!!!

Not exactly. Now I think Hahn has a case to appeal honestly.

Postby Bourne

Monique wrote:

<doh> You're not a judge now :bs:

Postby Noel

Excuse me? The word that was used to describe the finding was "guilty".
Does the punishment fit the crime? Let's ask Quinten Hann shall we?

=o|

Noel

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:

HIGGINS IS INNOCENT OF MATCH FIXING :D

As for Hann, he retired before teh hearing and didn't defend himself. Also do you know the EXACT details between the two cases that make it different? Also hann was banned by the WPBSA - Higgins was not.

Postby Monique

Bourne wrote:
Monique wrote:

<doh> You're not a judge now :bs:

I f he was "innocent" he would not have been banned for 6 months and fined 75000£ innit? He's not innocent.
The whole findindings are here http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... dings.html