Post a reply

Re: John Higgins tribunal thread

Postby Rocket_ron

randam05 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
randam05 wrote:I just think murphy is such a good sportsman. Shame everyone hates him.

i dont hate him, infact i wanted him to win the 2009 WC. he is just a bighead

hmm i suppose he does 'suck up' a little, so to speak, but better than hendry being a 'stuck up'.

I just think what hes said for higgins there just shows murphys character. And I hope people go with what he says there, cause I dont want to see higgins being punished and less supported because of this.

im sure 80% will welcome Higgins back. no worries

Postby Tubberlad

I don't like Murphy at all Randam, and that's not just down to me beign a Stevens fan. His character never appealed to me. But I don't agree with people criticising his religion. That's me being a bit serious, but so be it.

He's a nice player, without being consistently brilliant.

Postby Rocket_ron

thetubberlad wrote:I don't like Murphy at all Randam, and that's not just down to me beign a Stevens fan. His character never appealed to me. But I don't agree with people criticising his religion. That's me being a bit serious, but so be it.

He's a nice player, without being consistently brilliant.

Liberal <ok>

Postby NedB-H

thetubberlad wrote:
Bourne wrote:http://yhoo.it/d3vnLe

Shaun Murphy, what a good christian :redneck:

I don't think anyone could accuse me of being a Murphy fan, but let's leave religion out of this. I'm sure Bourne didn't mean it in a bible bashing way, but it does annoy me that the main fault some find in him is his faith.

Not that I'm hugely religious or anything, but the man is entitled to that.

It's not the religion itself that annoys me, it's the public displays of it. He's eased off on it a bit recently, but he used to never let an opportunity go by to talk about how important Christianity was to him, it got very annoying. For all I know the whole of the top 16 could be Christian, or they could all be atheist, the point is we don't know cos they keep it to themselves, which is the right way to do things <ok>

As for Murphy being a good sportsman, ask Wee Mags what he thinks about that...

Postby randam05

why? what will he say?

Dont you think murphy is a good sportman? he is probably the best sportsman in snooker to be honest.

Postby NedB-H

randam05 wrote:

why? what will he say?

Dont you think murphy is a good sportman? he is probably the best sportsman in snooker to be honest.

Maguire came out for a match against Murphy without his chalk... asked the ref if he could go back to get it before breaking off, whilst he was out Murphy told the ref Maguire should be docked a frame for not being ready to start on time.

Postby Smart

Murphy aint a great sport, and watch when he shakes his opponents hand on defeat. He holds on too long and says something unncessaryand looks into the other guys eyes,,,,,,,, very strange. A true sport would not of even thought of doing what he did in the Mags match, and the same sort of thing happened in a match vs Robbo (with a missing extension).

Not many Murphy fans here, and who can blame us. <ok>

Postby randam05

Well im sure he says something nice when he shakes their hand. I dont know how you can say hes not a good sport, ok the maguire thing was a little bad, but then again how long was he gone?

I think he would clap a player for winning the world championship, and say something very nice and sporting when he shakes their hand either after winning OR loosing. For me hes a better sport than an awful lot of the players, ronnie especially and the other moody chameleons that are bad losers, like maguire.

Postby Tubberlad

randam05 wrote:

why? what will he say?

I disagree with every word of that. If he was a great sportsman, Maguire forgetting his chalk or Robertson forgetting his extension would have been water off a duck. Jimmy White would NEVER have complained, because he is a true sportsman.

Postby Tubberlad

I remember just weeks after, Maguire played David Gray in the UK final, and Gray forgot his chalk. Maguire didn't bat an eyelid.

Postby Roland

It would've made him look like a right hypocrite if he'd complained though

Postby Bourne

I'd like to be the first to dedicate John's UK win to the scum at the NOTW, suck it right up <ok> :D

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:I'd like to be the first to dedicate John's UK win to the scum at the NOTW, suck it right up <ok> :D

<doh> you havent a clue mate.

the "SCUM" were just doing their investigative journalism acting on information / suspicions that Higgins would be inclined to be "up for it"

They were proven right from what the video evidence gathered and the subsequent silence until the story broke in the paper. <ok>

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:I'd like to be the first to dedicate John's UK win to the scum at the NOTW, suck it right up <ok> :D

<doh> you havent a clue mate.

the "SCUM" were just doing their investigative journalism acting on information / suspicions that Higgins would be inclined to be "up for it"

They were proven right from what the video evidence gathered and the subsequent silence until the story broke in the paper. <ok>

This has been to death
again and again
I hated the NOTW before this story and I hate them more after it for what they tried to do, and the independent panel backed me up on this assertion.
Case closed. :wave: