Post a reply

WST Annual Awards 2022/23

Postby shanew48

Why not cut the people at the tops pay slightly and put on an actual awards night?

Not sure how seriously it would be taking anyway bearing in mind Ron somehow gained nominations, don’t think he got beyond the last 8 in a WST sanctioned event this season so guess whoever decided the nominees must have been a fan!

https://youtu.be/Tw3a4tLcP1w

Re: WST Annual Awards 2022/23

Postby D4P

Ronnie's season was poor by his own very high standards, but it was quite good by just about any other player's standards.

Ronnie:

1. Was one of only 5 players to win 2 or more events

2. Had the 2nd-highest match win %

3. Had the highest average frame difference, at 18 (i.e., Ronnie averaged 59 points per frame, and his opponents averaged 41)

4. Had the highest 50+ break %

Postby shanew48

D4P wrote:Ronnie's season was poor by his own very high standards, but it was quite good by just about any other player's standards.

Ronnie:

1. Was one of only 5 players to win 2 or more events

2. Had the 2nd-highest match win %

3. Had the highest average frame difference, at 18 (i.e., Ronnie averaged 59 points per frame, and his opponents averaged 41)

4. Had the highest 50+ break %

You really are kind of reaching when you have to resort to those stats as justification I think.

Postby badtemperedcyril

D4P wrote:3. Had the highest average frame difference, at 18 (i.e., Ronnie averaged 59 points per frame, and his opponents averaged 41)

Cor blimey!

That achievement should be a special WST award category all of its own. Truly a feather in Mr GOAT’s cap.