Post a reply

Fantasy Snooker web app game

Postby kjetilh

Hi guys, I'm new here so just let me introduce myself quickly. My name is Kjetil Hårtveit and I'm a snooker and sports fan, some of you may know me on Twitter as kjetilh_sports.

A few months ago I finally decided to dedicate time to a project I've been wanting to do for a long time, that is a fantasy snooker web app game aptly called Fantasy Snooker (https://www.fantasy-snooker.com/). It's just recently been released in Early Access (it's 100% free), so we are looking for feedback so we can iron out the kinks before next season (first proper season!). If you would like to sign up and try, it'd be much appreciated! We recommend creating a team before the beginning of the Worlds as trading will close when the tournament has started.

About the game it is, as you'd expect, in the fantasy X genre, so you build a team of snooker players consisting of max 5 players. You only have a limited amount of (virtual) money so you can't pick all the top players. The value of the players are updated after every tournament so I guess it's technically possible to "increase" your economy if you guess well and your players increase in value (this is something we must explore <cool>). The goal is to accumulate the most points throughout the season. You can promote one player in your team to a "Captain" which scores 25% more points than normal. We have a ranking board where you can see how you rank at the moment.

We are using data from the snooker.org API so it should always be fairly up-to-date.

If you have any questions we are happy to answer you, I'm pretty active on Twitter, otherwise we have contacts on the website or I'll check in here once in a while.

Re: Fantasy Snooker web app game

Postby kjetilh

Thank you! Hope everyone is enjoying the Judgement Day(s). One last thing, even though we've just launched and it's not a "proper" season, we'd like to add the player who gains the most points from this World Championship to the Hall of fame (full post here). Or even the top 3 (yeah that sounds better). We're still finding our way, that's why feedback from users is so important.

BTW it seems a copy of the topic was published, it can be deleted.

Re: Fantasy Snooker web app game

Postby kjetilh

Hello again! I hope you all enjoyed the World Championship. I just want to give you a quick summary on how it went and how it's going for Fantasy Snooker.

There was 23 active participants in total (me included) for the World Championship, not sure how many from here created a team but the rankings from the 2022/2023 "season" is available here (as we just launched the rankings for the 2022/2023 season is just based on the World Championship). As previously announced the top 3 (we even had a tie for 3rd place!) are forever remembered in our hall of fame.

We have a blog post summarizing our first season and a bit of what's to come. A fun fact is that two teams had Luca Brecel in their team (more details in the blog post), however neither of those teams won (they were both top 4 though).

We'll embrace the off-season in terms of enjoying the summer break (the Worlds was hectic), but we'll also focus on infrastructure and improving Fantasy Snooker even more.

If you'd like to give it a go then the first proper season starts with the European Masters (22-27 August) in Autumn (see our calendar), so I recommend creating a team before that.

- Kjetil Hårtveit, founder and developer of Fantasy Snooker