Post a reply

Would you Rather?

Watch every event but not the World Championship?
13%
Watch the World Championship but nothing else?
87%

Total votes : 15

Would You Rather?

Postby Alex0paul

Hmmm

Re: Would You Rather?

Postby The_Abbott

Just the Worlds because at one point (Hendry era and early 00's) thats exactly what I did.

So its sort of part of my furniture that every April/May is Crucible.

Postby Prop

The Worlds. Especially lately, with 90% of tournaments shifting from one cheap leisure centre to another and building absolutely no identity.

I look forward to the Worlds like children look forward to Christmas.

Postby TheRocket

Watch the Worlds but nothing else. There isnt another tournament that can replicate the feeling of watching the World Championship.

Postby RunningSide

World's, no contest,looking at the crowd at Hull may be only option soon.

Postby RunningSide

Postby RunningSide

Postby Prop

You can’t vote three times, RS.

Postby The_Abbott

Prop wrote:You can’t vote three times, RS.

he really wants to make a point about Hull

Postby Prop

The_Abbott wrote:

rofl

Postby SnookerEd25

This is one that does not need a ‘don’t care’ option.

Worlds all the way :D

Postby RunningSide

Prop wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:

rofl

Some reception glitch sorry, if England was a body Hull would be the blue frog.

Postby Alex0paul

RunningSide wrote:World's, no contest,looking at the crowd at Hull may be only option soon.

You’ve posted that more times than there are actual spectators in Hull

Postby RunningSide

Apparently everyone who turned up Monday been locked in.

Postby Womble

SnookerFan wrote:Probably The Cruce. It's that important.

I'd not be happy about it though.

I agree.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I'm not one of those people who thinks the World Championship is the only event that matters but I would go with it easily.

Postby Iranu

Jeez. Does this mean the rest of the season is irrelevant?

Postby Cloud Strife

I’ve barely paid any attention to this season so far. That will change once The Cruce starts.

Postby Dragonfly

Cloud Strife wrote:I’ve barely paid any attention to this season so far. That will change once The Cruce starts.

Same. Been very indifferent to this season. But will be glued to the Worlds.

Postby Granite

Worlds by a mile.

The tour seems tin-potish to me at the moment, even this so called new major people are trying to make the Tour Championship to be but you look at the size of the crowd and just laugh. Would the Masters ever have a pitiful crowd like this? Never in a million years.

Only 2 tournaments I'd miss is the Masters, and maybe the CoC. Nothing else.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Iranu wrote:Jeez. Does this mean the rest of the season is irrelevant?

Not in general but this season has been really flat for a few different reasons but the World Championship should still be a big deal.

Postby lhpirnie

Unsurprisingly, I'm the outlier on this.

As is well-known, I tend to follow younger players, and players trying to make a breakthrough. Easily the most emotionally intense event on the calendar is the World Championship qualifiers, where there are 128 players all desperate to succeed: to qualify, to stay on tour, or make some kind of breakthrough. All around the room there is drama, everyone has a story. It's everything these guys have worked for, and you get to see their character up-close.

After that I am usually quite drained. I do watch the World Championship, but it's mainly just the same old faces doing their thing. I've seen them play 100's of matches. It's not always the case that there are dramatic matches.

In terms of attending events, I do like the smaller tournaments in the early rounds, as that gives me the chance to see every player on tour, with multiple tables in play. Usually around the Q-finals, I prefer to watch at home and save on the hotel bill. The Home Nations tournaments used to be really good for that, but not since they wrecked them with qualifier rounds.

So I guess I'm diametrically opposite to everyone else!

I'll be in Sheffield for the first 8 days of the qualifiers, if anyone wants to meet up. It's my 6th tournament of the season.

Postby SnookerFan

More mismanaged than irrelevant.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:

More mismanaged than irrelevant.

I’m not convinced the responses would be much - or any - different regardless.

Postby Dan-cat

lhpirnie wrote:Unsurprisingly, I'm the outlier on this.

As is well-known, I tend to follow younger players, and players trying to make a breakthrough. Easily the most emotionally intense event on the calendar is the World Championship qualifiers, where there are 128 players all desperate to succeed: to qualify, to stay on tour, or make some kind of breakthrough. All around the room there is drama, everyone has a story. It's everything these guys have worked for, and you get to see their character up-close.

After that I am usually quite drained. I do watch the World Championship, but it's mainly just the same old faces doing their thing. I've seen them play 100's of matches. It's not always the case that there are dramatic matches.

In terms of attending events, I do like the smaller tournaments in the early rounds, as that gives me the chance to see every player on tour, with multiple tables in play. Usually around the Q-finals, I prefer to watch at home and save on the hotel bill. The Home Nations tournaments used to be really good for that, but not since they wrecked them with qualifier rounds.

So I guess I'm diametrically opposite to everyone else!

I'll be in Sheffield for the first 8 days of the qualifiers, if anyone wants to meet up. It's my 6th tournament of the season.

Proper fan. Nice read that. :)