Post a reply

Snooker needs a Carlos Alcaraz

Postby Granite

For any tennis fans out there you know what I'm talking about right now.

It's so refreshing to see a youngster that came out of nowhere, only 19 years old at that take the sport by the horns and become World Number 1.

As much as the snooker community is so invested in the old legends we need a young gun of a superstar quality like that.

Re: Snooker needs a Carlos Alcaraz

Postby Prop

RunningSide wrote:I nominate Stephen Lee to be the new big thing in snooker.

Bit of a delicacy in Thailand.

Postby Womble

Juddernaut88 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:is carlos alcaraz good at snooker?

I've heard his highest break is 112.

That's exactly 100 higher than mine. Spooky!

Postby lhpirnie

The_Abbott wrote:Snooker has got Stan Moody

Yes, basically we need Stan Moody and Liam Davies to be the next Ronnie O'Sullivan and John Higgins. With the match-fixing scandal wrecking the UK vs. China dynamic, and WST's lack of any new structural plans, we are left hoping for superstars.

Postby Cloud Strife

I’ve no idea who this Stan Moody is. Is he an actual snooker player or is this another Snooker Island running joke I’ve yet to catch up on?

Postby HappyCamper

Cloud Strife wrote:I’ve no idea who this Stan Moody is. Is he an actual snooker player or is this another Snooker Island running joke I’ve yet to catch up on?

he's the current wsf junior snooker champion, and also runner up in the wsf open. will be on tour next season. sixteen years old, very highly regarded. won a match at the shoot-out when he was like 14 or 15 iirc.

Postby Cloud Strife

HappyCamper wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I’ve no idea who this Stan Moody is. Is he an actual snooker player or is this another Snooker Island running joke I’ve yet to catch up on?

he's the current wsf junior snooker champion, and also runner up in the wsf open. will be on tour next season. sixteen years old, very highly regarded. won a match at the shoot-out when he was like 14 or 15 iirc.

<ok>

Postby SnookerEd25

Players like Stan Moody need to be nurtured carefully. I’m not sure the current set-up is really conducive to that :sad:

Postby The_Abbott

No this isn't a Billy Bobbins.

Stan Moody is an up and coming youngster on the tour next season.

Postby Iranu

lhpirnie wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Players like Stan Moody need to be nurtured carefully. I’m not sure the current set-up is really conducive to that :sad:

He works with Shaun Murphy.

Poor bucker

Postby The_Abbott

lhpirnie wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Players like Stan Moody need to be nurtured carefully. I’m not sure the current set-up is really conducive to that :sad:

oh well too good to be true.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

Poor bucker

<laugh>