Post a reply

#5 looming...

Postby Granite

Time for the Crucible King since 2014 and the best player in the world for the last 10 years to get his crown back.

You can feel it, right?

Re: #5 looming...

Postby Granite

Pink Ball wrote:buck off

He's gunning for #7 in a recent interview.

It's now or never.

Postby Granite

#7 is going to be really tough but #5 would be so sweet.

He'd have his own tier above Higgins and Williams. I want that #5.

Postby Juddernaut88

Selby won't win another world championship.

Postby HappyCamper

Mark Selby is a good lad who means well.

Postby Iranu

Granite wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:buck off

He's gunning for #7 in a recent interview.

It's now or never.

Now would be #5.

At best it’s 2025 or never.

Postby Prop

I used to work with someone whose favourite player was Selby. It was quite the novelty. I wanted to suggest he went for a brain scan but in the end I just kept my distance.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Granite wrote:Time for the Crucible King since 2014 and the best player in the world for the last 10 years to get his crown back.

You can feel it, right?

Cockwomble.

Postby Womble

If I had to made a prediction I would say I think it will be a Ronnie/selby final.

Postby Granite

Juddernaut88 wrote:Selby won't win another world championship.

Selby's ironically been the overall 2nd best player in the last 3 editions of the World Championships, despite not being the man to beat since 2017.

If not for O'Sullivan in 2020 he'd have stomped Wilson in the finals and be on #5 by now.

Postby Pink Ball

Granite wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Selby won't win another world championship.

Selby's ironically been the overall 2nd best player in the last 3 editions of the World Championships, despite not being the man to beat since 2017.

If not for O'Sullivan in 2020 he'd have stomped Wilson in the finals and be on #5 by now.

Yes, he’d have won the World Championship if he hadn’t lost a match.

Postby Womble

Pink Ball wrote:
Womble wrote:If I had to made a prediction I would say I think it will be a Ronnie/selby final.

Woah woah woah, slow down there Evil Knievel.

I don't want to make too much of a commitment. <laugh>

Postby Johnny Bravo

Prop wrote:I used to work with someone whose favourite player was Selby. It was quite the novelty. I wanted to suggest he went for a brain scan

:hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

Postby Granite

Even with a gap of 3 World Championships over Selby, O'Sullivan fans are in the mud.

Selby really is that dude that imposed the most fear among the O'Sullivan camp and still continues to do so :chuckle:

Postby Granite

Tik tok...tik tok...hunt for #7 is on my friends.

O'Sullivans GOAT status just may be the shortest tenure Snooker has had ;-)

Postby Pink Ball

Granite wrote:Even with a gap of 3 World Championships over Selby, O'Sullivan fans are in the mud.

Selby really is that dude that imposed the most fear among the O'Sullivan camp and still continues to do so :chuckle:

Not everyone who doesn’t like Selby is an O’Sullivan. I for one just find him tedious.

Postby Pink Ball

Granite wrote:Tik tok...tik tok...hunt for #7 is on my friends.

He’d have to get to at least eight to be considered better than O’Sullivan. He’s a great player but he has as much chance as I have of ever being the GOAT.

Postby LC

I think he could win more, he will play on for years and despite his troubles I don’t think it affects him that much he’s won 2 rankers this season and is 19/20 in finals, I thought ROS would never win anymore after 2014 but he did

Postby Granite

Pink Ball wrote:

He’d have to get to at least eight to be considered better than O’Sullivan. He’s a great player but he has as much chance as I have of ever being the GOAT.

Selby is only 39.

O'Sullivan has won 2 World Championships in his 40s, Williams has won 1 and posted other good performances in the last few years, Higgins has reached multiple finals in his 40s.

Selby has multiple chances to add to his tally. He's not Robertson or Trump at the Crucible. We're talking about men vs boys here.
Last edited by Granite on 26 Mar 2023, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Granite

Unless the sport of Snooker gets a young gun winning big titles like tennis currently has in the form of Carlos Alcaraz, Selby can do this in his 40s.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I saw a prediction last year that Selby would get to 7 and O'Sullivan to 10.

Postby Pink Ball

Granite wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Selby is only 39.

O'Sullivan has won 2 World Championships in his 40s, Williams has won 1 and posted other good performances in the last few years, Higgins has reached multiple finals in his 40s.

Selby has multiple chances to add to his tally. He's not Robertson or Trump at the Crucible. We're talking about men vs boys here.

Let’s say he gets to 7 (very slim chance)

Does he win another 18 ranking titles? Does he equal O’Sullivan on 21 triple crowns (O’Sullivan currently leads 21-9). These are all huge asks, but they also presume O’Sullivan won’t add a single title from here to forever.

O’Sullivan could get overtaken in my lifetime. Selby isn’t going to.

Postby badtemperedcyril

He might not be the most popular player on here but personally, I find Selby’s A game quite attractive to watch. We haven’t seen that much of it in recent years but when he’s striking the ball well and plays with authority his AST comes down considerably. I’d love to see him produce that form in Sheffield. If he could get to that level again then his rivalry with Ronnie produces the most fascinating contests in snooker.

Postby The_Abbott

Selby will win his fifth. Mark my words.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:#1 looming.

Now THAT is a post. <ok>