Post a reply

Re: Now Mark king suspended!

Postby shanew48

Surely there has to be more evidence than just big bets being piled on him to lose? Players have shocking performances often don’t they, the only way to prove that something shady has actually gone on that he was aware of is evidence of unexplainable payments going into his or family members or close associates bank accounts like with Stephen lee, would WST be able to have access though to those accounts in such a short amount of time? Must be some sort of evidence for them to suspend him as they are denying him the opportunity to earn significant money with the WC coming up.

Postby shanew48

Below are some highlights from the match in question, the misses in of themselves don’t prove anything but once you know what you know now with regards to suspect betting patterns they probably look worse in a way as your perception of the shots is a bit different when other factors are known, although that first brown and the last red in the middle do look a little suspect I think!

https://youtu.be/U8tkWaxJJKM

Postby shanew48

The majority of those shots have deniable plausibility as you see them missed in that way all the time, it’s not like he would have a case to answer if it came to cue ball control as that element of his game has always been extremely poor anyway!

He does have form for not having the softest touch to be fair!:

https://youtu.be/TR3BBOfboLg

Postby LC

There are some shocking misses in that, but anyone watching day v Williams British open semi would think that was dodgy and it was put down to pressure so maybe he was just having a mare

Postby Cloud Strife

I really hope nothing dodgy has happened here and Mark King will be cleared in due course. Kingy would be a bigger loss to the sport than Zhao Xintong and Yan Bingtao put together.

Postby LC

Wonder if someone let it slip, should’ve kept in the family……. Al get me coat

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:I really hope nothing dodgy has happened here and Mark King will be cleared in due course. Kingy would be a bigger loss to the sport than Zhao Xintong and Yan Bingtao put together.

Would he?

No disrespect meant, but he's hardly one of the huge names, is he?

If Mark King had admitted that he was retiring after The Crucible, and none of this had happened, I'd congratulate him on his achievements and tell wish him well. But it'd hardly leave a gaping hole in the sport.

He's nearer the end of his career than the start, and probably doesn't have that much longer in the game anyway. Is losing him worse than losing two promising talents? Ones that have already won big trophies? Ones that had international appeal to an important foreign market?

Or am I just missing some sarcasm on your part?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:If only he’d worn that wig he made after he won his tournament. They wouldn’t have recognised him.

rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I really hope nothing dodgy has happened here and Mark King will be cleared in due course. Kingy would be a bigger loss to the sport than Zhao Xintong and Yan Bingtao put together.

Would he?

No disrespect meant, but he's hardly one of the huge names, is he?

If Mark King had admitted that he was retiring after The Crucible, and none of this had happened, I'd congratulate him on his achievements and tell wish him well. But it'd hardly leave a gaping hole in the sport.

He's nearer the end of his career than the start, and probably doesn't have that much longer in the game anyway. Is losing him worse than losing two promising talents? Ones that have already won big trophies? Ones that had international appeal to an important foreign market?

Or am I just missing some sarcasm on your part?

It was a joke.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

LC wrote:Wonder if someone let it slip, should’ve kept in the family……. Al get me coat

He'll be in Hot Water if he's guilty.

Postby SnookerEd25

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
LC wrote:Wonder if someone let it slip, should’ve kept in the family……. Al get me coat

He'll be in Hot Water if he's guilty.

:lol:

Postby Womble

Mark King gave me a lift to a pro-am once. He was driving an Austin Maxi. I have not seen a Maxi around for years now.

Postby gallantrabbit

shanew48 wrote:Below are some highlights from the match in question, the misses in of themselves don’t prove anything but once you know what you know now with regards to suspect betting patterns they probably look worse in a way as your perception of the shots is a bit different when other factors are known, although that first brown and the last red in the middle do look a little suspect I think!

https://youtu.be/U8tkWaxJJKM

I don't honestly think there is enough in there for a ban, but that last red in the middle was a shocker. Can't believe sonmeone with Mark's history would get involved especially with all these players up on trial. Would hope not too.