Post a reply

Re: Anybody remember The General Cup?

Postby chengdufan

Wasn't it an invitaional in Hong Kong? Pre season?

Kachaiwong was a Thai pro. Not around for long.

Postby shanew48

Guess it was the earlier iteration of what now is the recent Hong Kong masters which was basically a branding exercise for Hong Kong where thousands were turning out to watch mismatches like Ronnie against that women player and the pockets were huge hence the marco fu 147 where a couple of balls down the rail should never have dropped but like I say all these things were ignored as it was just a branding exercise to get eyes on Hong Kong so the snooker wasn’t really the important part.

Postby Minimum Break

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Jesus Christ they made a mistake

Neil Robertson 3-0 Joe Perry which means that Neil Robertson is through and Joe Perry going home

rofl rofl

This truly is an event that nobody takes seriously.

Or commits to their long-term memory.

Postby shanew48

shanew48 wrote:Guess it was the earlier iteration of what now is the recent Hong Kong masters which was basically a branding exercise for Hong Kong where thousands were turning out to watch mismatches like Ronnie against that women player and the pockets were huge hence the marco fu 147 where a couple of balls down the rail should never have dropped but like I say all these things were ignored as it was just a branding exercise to get eyes on Hong Kong so the snooker wasn’t really the important part.

https://youtu.be/HMWOhRdPsN4

At 3.38 in the above video you will notice that there’s no way that the ball would have dropped on a proper ranking tournament table.

Postby shanew48

shanew48 wrote:
shanew48 wrote:Guess it was the earlier iteration of what now is the recent Hong Kong masters which was basically a branding exercise for Hong Kong where thousands were turning out to watch mismatches like Ronnie against that women player and the pockets were huge hence the marco fu 147 where a couple of balls down the rail should never have dropped but like I say all these things were ignored as it was just a branding exercise to get eyes on Hong Kong so the snooker wasn’t really the important part.

At 3.38 in the above video you will notice that there’s no way that the ball would have dropped on a proper ranking tournament table.

But in his final career stats it will count as a 147 none the less even though it would have ended on that shot if it was being attempted on a proper table so it’s misleading as a players 147’s are deemed applicable to their career stats if made in any event even if it is one that isn’t using the right size pockets so it makes a mockery of that particular stat sometimes as this particular 147 demonstrates!

Postby Iranu

shanew48 wrote:
shanew48 wrote:

But in his final career stats it will count as a 147 none the less even though it would have ended on that shot if it was being attempted on a proper table so it’s misleading as a players 147’s are deemed applicable to their career stats if made in any event even if it is one that isn’t using the right size pockets so it makes a mockery of that particular stat sometimes as this particular 147 demonstrates!

Lol that red would have dropped in loads of ranking/professional tournaments over the years.

Do you actually watch snooker?

Postby SnookerFan

Minimum Break wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Neil Robertson 3-0 Joe Perry which means that Neil Robertson is through and Joe Perry going home

rofl rofl

Where was that from?

I guess I must've known about it at the time. Ha Ha.

Postby Minimum Break

SnookerFan wrote:
Minimum Break wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rofl rofl

Where was that from?

I guess I must've known about it at the time. Ha Ha.

The 2013 thread.

viewtopic.php?f=503&t=4869

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:Wasn't it an invitaional in Hong Kong? Pre season?

Kachaiwong was a Thai pro. Not around for long.

He still plays a good game, occasionally turning out for pro-ams when work permits.

His best result was in the Grand Prix, where he beat a series of really good players (Hawkins, Dale, McManus,...) in a group format, but finished tied with John Higgins and missed out on frame difference. After that, not much, and like so many Thai players the funds ran out.

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:
shanew48 wrote:
shanew48 wrote:

Lol that red would have dropped in loads of ranking/professional tournaments over the years.

watach

Postby shanew48

Iranu wrote:
shanew48 wrote:
shanew48 wrote:

I do watch a fair bit and think that it was a very generous drop bearing in mind how far down the cushion it hit and still went in

Postby Iranu

shanew48 wrote:I do watch a fair bit and think that it was a very generous drop bearing in mind how far down the cushion it hit and still went in

Yeah but generous drops happen all the time in ranking tournaments.

This may be a particularly egregious example but I don’t think it’s beyond the pale of when ‘buckets!’ normally gets called out. There are probably much worse examples from the tournament.

Postby SnookerEd25

chengdufan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:why didn't the Captain win this?

Because it wasn't a Major

You're on fire ChengduFan, last couple of days.

:bowdown:

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:why didn't the Captain win this?

I don't know.

Why?

Because the chicken stole his plane