Post a reply

Your vote

Poll ended at 10 Dec 2022

A: Leave it exactly as it is
50%
B: Yes, increase the tariff for prestigious tournaments (1.5 times standard)
21%
C: Yes, but offer double points. Leave the WC at triple points.
14%
D: Yes, but offer double points, and offer quadruple points at the WC
14%

Total votes : 14

Potential Think Pink rule change from next season

Postby Pink Ball

In Think Pink there are currently three bands of tournaments:
Band three (half points): Any ranking tournament with a final shorter than best of 17. Earlier matches must be at least best of three from the first round (so Shootout doesn't count towards Think Pink).
Band two (standard points): Any ranking tournament with a final of at least best of 17, excluding the World Championship.
Band one (triple points): The World Championship

However, I was thinking of introducing a new band to reflect the added importance of certain tournaments. My preference is to times the standard rate by 1.5. I would award this rate to any tournament that satisfies BOTH of the following criteria:
a) The final is no shorter than best of 19.
b) No match at the final stages is shorter than best of 11.

Under the last season not interrupted by Covid, the following tournaments would have carried the higher tariff: the UK Championship, the International Championship, the Players' Championship, the Tour Championship and the China Open.

What are your thoughts? Do you think double points might be better just to make it less complicated, and if we do go with double points, should the World Championship tariff be increased to quadruple points?

Or do we leave it exactly as it is, with those 'premier' events treated no differently to Home Nations tournaments, European Masters, Turkish Masters etc.?

I'll leave the poll open for a week.

Re: Potential Think Pink rule change from next season

Postby Ck147

I think a better change would not be to penalise someone by 30 effin points for entering a few hours late…I’m not bitter at all…I’ve moved on and perfectly at peace with it

Postby Juddernaut88

Ck147 wrote:I think a better change would not be to penalise someone by 30 effin points for entering a few hours late…I’m not bitter at all…I’ve moved on and perfectly at peace with it

You were a few weeks or months late lol

Postby Ck147

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:I think a better change would not be to penalise someone by 30 effin points for entering a few hours late…I’m not bitter at all…I’ve moved on and perfectly at peace with it

It was days at the most, anyway, shut up mate you’re not helping

Postby Juddernaut88

Ck147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

Sorry I just double checked and you were 3 days late so starting on -30 was harsh.

Postby Ck147

Yeah, it was harsh, if I’m within 30 points of the winner at the end, I’m going over to the Emerald Isle to shove that pink dildo up pinks big pink bottom

Postby SnookerEd25

Ck147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

Everyone else got their entry in on time; why couldn’t you? :shrug:

Postby Ck147

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

Everyone else got their entry in on time; why couldn’t you? :shrug:

My missus had me tied up in the cellar (or what she likes to call, “the dungeon”)

Postby Pink Ball

If I was three days late entering a contest I had weeks to enter, I’d be pretty grateful to the person who gave me the green flag to participate in any form, rather than recycling all over their doorstep and wailing ‘oh I’m not the one who’s a hammer here, I’m wonderful’.

But that’s just me.

Postby Iranu

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

Sorry I just double checked and you were 3 days late so starting on -30 was harsh.

The bucker can consider himself lucky he was included at all.

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:If I was three days late entering a contest I had weeks to enter, I’d be pretty grateful to the person who gave me the green flag to participate in any form, rather than recycling all over their doorstep and wailing ‘oh I’m not the one who’s a hammer here, I’m wonderful’.

But that’s just me.

I’m kidding and I am grateful, I’ll stop going on about it.

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

The bucker can consider himself lucky he was included at all.

Bit rude you runt, hope I beat you mate