Post a reply

I'm making a new ONLINE SNOOKER GAME, testing needed!

Postby tigermetal

Hey snooker fans!

My name is Eugene, I'm a product designer and developer. I'm making a new online snooker game, the main focus is to bring the real-life snooker vibe and aesthetics.

I need your help and knowledge of the game—feedback on how the table is feeling and how the game is playing.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGh8ZmpI9dM[/youtube]

Here's a few things to mention about the game:
- A sleek look. The table and the balls have been redrawn to an even more realistic view.
- Updated physics. Now, the balls travel much smoother, and the impacts work out correctly. The spin and side effects have also been updated dramatically.
- The referee. The game has got a ref that knows all the rules and acts accordingly. 3-miss rule support, free ball support, re-spotted black—you name it.
- Automatic colour detection. In most games, when playing a colour, the player needs to specify the colour before playing it. In this game, the ref will see what colour you're playing without making you indicate it each time.
- Scores. Game now displays scores along with the current break.
- Chalk. You'll get the real-life snooker chalk experience—chalk you cue before each shot to avoid miscueing!

How to play shots:
- Use the white cursor for aiming.
- Click and hold the mouse to enter the shot mode.
- Control the shot power by moving your mouse up and down.
- Release the mouse to hit the cueball.

Try it out for FREE here: realsnooker.com

Currently, the game works only on PC/Mac, touch support will follow. Use Google Chrome for the best experience.
Let me know how it feels, and if there are any bugs. And don't hesitate to bring up your ideas!

-Eugene
Last edited by tigermetal on 28 Nov 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Re: I'm making a new ONLINE SNOOKER GAME, testing needed!

Postby Jack50

It looks good, but I don't play video games unless it's to control a team (which you cannot do in real life even as the manager). For example Fifa 23. It looks good though and I would have played it as a young child (I had a Snooker game back then I played on PlayStation, but this looks much better). A+ for effort.

Postby Raiel

tigermetal wrote:Hey gentlemen,
To move the cueball:
1. Click the cueball once to “lift” it off the table. It will stick to the mouse.
2. Move the mouse to find the desired spot.
3. Click again to “put” the cueball back on the table.

Thank you. <ok>

Postby The_Abbott

just trying it out.

I seem to have difficulty when the cursor is off screen and you are trying to power the shot. So have to change shot selection. But maybe its me with my mouse.

It said I had a free ball so hit the brown as free ball but it said was a foul to the opponent

I also went for a normal brown which I missed but it gave it as a foul and gave 5 points to my opponent for no reason at all.

In general its fine. I will try a few more frames to get used to it.

Highest Break so far: 12 rofl

Postby tigermetal

THE_ABBOTT

Thank you for trying out the game! Re: cursor difficulties. I'll be shipping an update by the end of the next week with a nice fix to that. I'm sure it will help you make a higher break :-)

Re: ref mistakes. I'll investigate the cases. The situation often happens when you're making a cut on a color, and the ref stops seeing it as a declared colour. I'll try to fix that as well in future updates.