Post a reply

Re: Will Mark Selby ever win a tournament again?

Postby Ck147

Nah, he’s done. Can’t see him winning anything again, he’s not the sort of player to come back from the decline he’s on. He should set up a b&b in Sheffield with the lovely Vikki.

Postby Iranu

Ck147 wrote:Nah, he’s done. Can’t see him winning anything again, he’s not the sort of player to come back from the decline he’s on. He should set up a b&b in Sheffield with the lovely Vikki.

Given his recent record against Robbo, you’re probably better off if he keeps playing as long as possible!

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Nah, he’s done. Can’t see him winning anything again, he’s not the sort of player to come back from the decline he’s on. He should set up a b&b in Sheffield with the lovely Vikki.

Given his recent record against Robbo, you’re probably better off if he keeps playing as long as possible!

You know I was joking, but good point!

Postby LC

A combination of things he’s had his problems and isn’t playing his best yet, and other players are playing better against him and the fear factor he normally has, that oh he’s going to tie me up in knots and beat me have eased, but I’m sure he will comeback strong at some point

Postby Juddernaut88

RunningSide wrote:Never been a Selby fan but worried he may be struggling with his overall games.Genuinely hope he finds a happy place.

I hope he's happy off the table and mentally in a much better place but I still don't want him to win anything.

Postby TheRocket

The age factor does play a part. Selby needs a very high concentration level to play the way he plays and outlast opponents. Naturally that becomes harder the older you get.

Will he win tournaments? Yes. Will he become a regular winner? Unlikely, unless he finds a way to reinvent himself and maybe play more aggressively.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:The age factor does play a part. Selby needs a very high concentration level to play the way he plays and outlast opponents. Naturally that becomes harder the older you get.

Will he win tournaments? Yes. Will he become a regular winner? Unlikely, unless he finds a way to reinvent himself and maybe play more aggressively.

Agreed. I think he still has one more world title in him.

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:
RunningSide wrote:Never been a Selby fan but worried he may be struggling with his overall games.Genuinely hope he finds a happy place.

I hope he's happy off the table and mentally in a much better place but I still don't want him to win anything.

What if he’s playing O’Sullivan in a major final? :chin:

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

Then I may change my mind.

Postby HappyCamper

i said i would never post on these forums again. but i am compelled to make one last post, after which you will never ever hear from me again. and that is to say

i just ran into this thread and saw an interesting discussion here

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

Then I may change my mind.

Gentleman’s prerogative

<ok>

Postby Prop

HappyCamper wrote:i said i would never post on these forums again. but i am compelled to make one last post, after which you will never ever hear from me again. and that is to say

i just ran into this thread and saw an interesting discussion here

<laugh>

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:We are all praying to God every day but when oh when will Mark win again? :sad:

But which one?

i'm doing vishnu.

:shock:

I hope Mrs. Vishnu doesn’t find out