Post a reply

Re: Eurosport Player, Amazon Prime, Discovery Plus.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:The downside to D + For me is you can only watch it in the country you registered in, ie if you go to another country you have to subscribe again.

If that’s true that’s mental for a Europe-wide channel.

I guess it’s because of other channels having local programmes.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:the way its going I won't be wataching snooker much longer. Unless its on BBC or ITV.

Not got Eurosport on your TV package?

I think we can discern that his statement directly implied he doesn’t.

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:the way its going I won't be wataching snooker much longer. Unless its on BBC or ITV.

<ok>

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

It could be a form of protest at your predicament.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

It could be a form of protest at your predicament.

Then we stand shoulder to shoulder in the face of it.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:I just paid the fifty quid to renew Discovery+ for the year.

Don't take it away now.

warner bros. discovery still own eurosport, and now bt sport too. they'll probably keep the d+ branding for their international streaming services.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I just paid the fifty quid to renew Discovery+ for the year.

Don't take it away now.

warner bros. discovery still own eurosport, and now bt sport too. they'll probably keep the d+ branding for their international streaming services.

Postby Juddernaut88

My Eurosport subscription automatically renewed and it still seems to be working. I'll find out for sure tomorrow though if it will allow me to watch the World championship qualifiers.

Postby Womble

Juddernaut88 wrote:Update: It still works :D

I switched to D+. There's tons of other stuff on there, but I never use it to watch anything but snooker. <laugh>

Postby Prop

A Discovery + icon has appeared in the media section of my PS4 menu. Must be a pretty recent addition to the PS4 app library. This solves my problem of watching it through Amazon Prime and its labyrinth of menus - assuming the UI is in a more native form and easier to navigate. I’ll sign up soon and find out.

Could be helpful for anyone in a similar boat, so thought I’d make a note here <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:A Discovery + icon has appeared in the media section of my PS4 menu. Must be a pretty recent addition to the PS4 app library. This solves my problem of watching it through Amazon Prime and its labyrinth of menus - assuming the UI is in a more native form and easier to navigate. I’ll sign up soon and find out.

Could be helpful for anyone in a similar boat, so thought I’d make a note here <ok>

Yeah, watching it on Prime sucks.

Postby SnookerFan

Minimum Break wrote:Just checked my Annual Discovery Plus renewal and it is renewing on Jan 13 for 1 month at 6.99. It isn't possible to renew for 12 months at 59.99.

Oh really.

Might have to check that. My renews in February, I think.

If you have to renew it every month, that might dissuade me for paying for it, for months when nothing is on.

Postby Minimum Break

SnookerFan wrote:
Minimum Break wrote:Just checked my Annual Discovery Plus renewal and it is renewing on Jan 13 for 1 month at 6.99. It isn't possible to renew for 12 months at 59.99.

Oh really.

If you have to renew it every month, that might dissuade me for paying for it, for months when nothing is on.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Postby McManusFan

Minimum Break wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Oh really.

That's what I've started doing. I'm not sure if I'll even renew it until next season now, most of the tournaments left are on ITV or BBC.

Postby Minimum Break

McManusFan wrote:
Minimum Break wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Oh really.

That's what I've started doing. I'm not sure if I'll even renew it until next season now, most of the tournaments left are on ITV or BBC.

Not an option when you're not in the UK unfortunately. I'll leave mine going until May.

I do wonder if they're gearing up for a price increase next year, that's why they don't want people to lock in the current price for another year.

Postby McManusFan

Minimum Break wrote:
Not an option when you're not in the UK unfortunately. I'll leave mine going until May.

I do wonder if they're gearing up for a price increase next year, that's why they don't want people to lock in the current price for another year.

Oh I remember from when I used to live in Aus a few years back. I think the only legal way to get it back then was through Foxtel. Had to resort to dodgy streams and VPNs. Its good you can get disco+ there now.