Post a reply

Think Pink: the José Santos Memorial Trophy

Postby Pink Ball

I am delighted to announce that a new side trophy will be on offer for Think Pink editions going forward, starting this current season.

As Think Pink players will know, along with keeping track of posters' scoring, I provide regular updates on which snooker players have scored the most Think Pink points during the season. The winning snooker player previously received the Pink Gift Certificate at the end of the season, but I think it's fair to say it has never captured the imagination like the Coland Rox Memorial Trophy awarded to the winning poster and the Pink Dildo inflicted upon the last-placed poster.

I hope this will change with the scrapping of the Pink Gift Certificate to make way for the introduction of the José Santos Memorial Trophy, named after the father of snooker referee and forum stalwart Andre147.

André's father sadly died of cancer a few days before Ronnie O'Sullivan won the 2022 World Championship. André has given the idea of naming this trophy after his dad his blessing. The trophy is a pink ribbon. This ties in with this competition being called 'Think Pink', and a ribbon is often used as a symbol for cancer awareness. I know the 'pink' ribbon is usually associated with breast cancer, but I hope you'll understand that I've gone with pink solely to tie in with the contest's theme rather than trying to elevate one form of cancer over another.

Furthermore, I will donate €1 for every point the Player of the Year scores to World Cancer Research Fund International. For example, Fan Zhengyi won last year and scored 125 points, so I would have donated €125.

Here is the trophy:

Re: Think Pink: the José Santos Memorial Trophy

Postby Prop

Aww man. What a brilliant idea, and such a thoughtful thing to do. You’re a good man, Pink.

Following on from last season - and considering a few of us offered to contribute to a prize pot for the overall winner - I would like to continue my offer of contribution, this time with the money going towards this charity. I hope that’s ok? I’ll speak to you about that at some point soon, Pink.

Re: Think Pink: the José Santos Memorial Trophy

Postby Pink Ball

mantorok wrote:That’s a lovely gesture Pink, you’re a good man <ok>

I'm flattered but, with all due respect, given everything I've done on this forum, it's a bit like when Eric Cartman gave Scott Tenorman a fruit basket to make up for tricking him into eating his own parents.