Post a reply

Ronnie O'Sullivan records

Postby SnookerArcher

That name is inescapable in snooker! Love him or hate him, denying his place among the greats is foolish but what makes him so special? PLENTY!!! Here's all the records I can think of off the top of my head, correct me if I make errors and add more I missed, there's probably other ROS topics like this in this forum already but here it it goes.

Stephen Hendry: What did he win?

Youngest UK Champion, Triple Crown tournament winner and Ranking tournament winner at 17yrs 358days (?)
Youngest Masters Champion at 19

Oldest world champion at 46

Only teenage triple crown tournament winner
Only multi world champion in 3 decades

Most triple crown wins with 21, 7 of each
Tied most world titles with Stephen Hendry 7 (Modern era)
Most Masters titles 7
Most UK Champion titles 7
Most ranking tournament wins 39
Most Champion of Champion titles 3
Most Shanghai Masters titles 4 with longest winstreak (3)
Most wins of any tournament modern era, Premier League 10
Most prize money at over £12million (By some margin too vs the next highest)

Biggest gap between first and most recent world title, 21yrs

Defended his 2012 world title despite playing just 1 match start of the season, essentially a whole year out)

9season streak of winning a triple crown title from 20122- 2020 (3 UK, 3Masters, 3 world)

Stats
Most centuries, this will keep changing so won't say his exact tally
Most maximums 15 (Hopefully more to come, much more than the rest barring Higgins & Hendry who have 12 & 11)
Joint most crucible maximums 3 with Stephen Hendry

Fastest 147, 5m 8s but still frequently incorrectly stated 5m20. He holds the fastest 3 at least iirc.
Fastest crucible match beating Thepchaiyah Uh-Nooh in 140m 10-1, Selby's 2 longest frames total over that!
Fastest best of 11 match crushing Ricky Walden in 40+minutes 6-0 in the 2014 Masters.

Most points without reply (From the Ricky Walden match), can't remember how many points.
Most consecutive tournament appearances 30 (Crucible)

Only player to make the crucible their entire career.

First to reach 800, 900, 1000, 1100 centuries (Only so far to reach 900 and over)
First & only to earn over £10-11& 12million in prize money

Highest win % for elite players at just under 75%
Highest + - for points scored for/against

Shares same birthday as me!

Highest 50+ breaks and % of such breaks in frames played of elite players.
Last edited by SnookerArcher on 08 Jun 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Ronnie O'Sullivan records

Postby HappyCamper

interesting, never considered that o'sullivan was good at snooker before. something to think about.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:interesting, never considered that o'sullivan was good at snooker before. something to think about.

Postby D4P

We're reaching the point where we might have to consider, for the first time ever, whether Ronnie might be among the greatest players ever to play the game...