Will he win an 8th World title?

Yes
95%
No
5%

Total votes : 20

Will O'Sullivan win an 8th World title?

Postby Granite

For the first time in history he's not chasing the World Championship record but rather... making something of his own.

Of course he can win it but WILL he? Can be anytime in the future.

Might as well make this thread to see how it'll go. I voted yes, but it won't be next year I feel.

Re: Will O'Sullivan win an 8th World title?

Postby The_Abbott

Yes he will win a 8th title

No he won't win an 8th title

Will quote the part of this post that is correct in 10 years time. But I think he will

Postby mick745

I dont see why not, if you've won 7 before you can win an 8th.

But we thought Hendry would as well. And after he lost the opportunity to in 2002 he was never really the same player again. You just have to contrast his 1999 and 2002 sfs with the ones from 2004 and 2008.

But O'Sullivan will do it i think, he might even win 10.

Postby TheRocket

have the feeling he is destined to do so. Who would have thought he would still win another 2 after all these bad years from 2015-2019?
And he beat Selby,Higgins and Judd in 4 session matches, three players who caused him the biggest trouble over the years.

But its a race against time. He needs to do it in the next 2-3 years before he gets too old.

Postby Wildey

Who knows to be fair Hendry could have had 8 in 2002 and 9 in 2004 But Ronnie was brilliant in 2004 and he underestimated Ebdon in 2002.

My Gut Feeling is He will, Stephen Hendry reckons he will, but let's be honest, Ronnie doesn't like the Grind of Sheffield. At some point he will Find it just too Difficult to go to the well time after time

Postby HappyCamper

if he continues at his current level of being one of the top two or three players in the world, and i see no obvious reasons why he wouldn't, for at least the next three years, then it seems likely.

Postby shanew48

Can't see any reason why he won't win another, it could be that once he does get to 8 he will then subconsciously relax with regards to the WC so wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't add to 8 but who knows!

Postby gmg

Funny enough I actually feel more confident that he'll win an eighth now than I felt about a sixth a couple of years ago when he seemed to be in a gradual but permanent decline. Amazing how he's turned it all around really.

Postby GeF

The poll show now a result of 17 for "yes" and 0 for "no".
The habit of forum polls leads me to think that he will stay at 7 and never reach 8.

Postby Holden Chinaski

GeF wrote:The poll show now a result of 17 for "yes" and 0 for "no".
The habit of forum polls leads me to think that he will stay at 7 and never reach 8.

He’ll win 10.

Postby Ck147

Cazoo wrote:Yes. I think this will be his big focus for the rest of his career now. He’s beaten every other record there is.

Not 100 tons in a season, but pretty much everything else

Postby Cazoo

Ck147 wrote:
Cazoo wrote:Yes. I think this will be his big focus for the rest of his career now. He’s beaten every other record there is.

That’s very true. Even in his peak he would never have done that. There’s no way he’d enter as many tournaments as Judd and Robertson did when they both made their 100+ in a season.

Postby Andre147

Cazoo wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

That’s very true. Even in his peak he would never have done that. There’s no way he’d enter as many tournaments as Judd and Robertson did when they both made their 100+ in a season.

He did have a great chance a few years back when he made more than 70 century breaks. I'M sure if he had entered the CL like Robbo did and played in as many groups he would certainly get more than 100.

But was his choice not to enter, and Robbo dully took advantage of entering the CL.

Postby chengdufan

Andre147 wrote:
Cazoo wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

He did have a great chance a few years back when he made more than 70 century breaks. I'M sure if he had entered the CL like Robbo did and played in as many groups he would certainly get more than 100.

But was his choice not to enter, and Robbo dully took advantage of entering the CL.

pmsl