Post a reply

Re: 2022 All-time World Championship Final

Postby chengdufan

DAY 7: Session 1

Juddernaut88 wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan 5-4 Steve Davis

It would be a tough intriguing match but Ronnie would just edge it.

Score: Steve Davis 82-89 Ronnie O'Sullivan

Postby chengdufan

Ronnie needs to win 2 frames in the final session to clinch the Championship. If Steve takes the session 8-1 or 9-0, he will claim a remarkable victory at the death.

Postby chengdufan

Ronnie O'Sullivan wins the inaugural All-time World Championship!!

:win: :win: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations to Ronnie, and commiserations to our runner-up. Steve Davis put up a hell of a fight in the final, but it wasn't to be for him this year.

Postby James Bentley

Yes, very entertaining final! Didn't expect Steve to get so close. Cheers to ChengduFan for running the competition, really enjoyed following it over the last weeks.

Postby Iranu

Aside from a couple of outliers it seems most people went within a one-frame swing of each other, with seemingly 5-4 Ronnie being most common.

Which interestingly kind of disputes Wild’s claim when giving his score (although I tend to agree on the result he mentioned) - especially as he too went 5-4 Ronnie.

Postby Yanfan

I think a 2013WC ROS would be a slightly better player than a 1988WC SD under any table/conditions. That's why I gave it to ROS 5-4.

Great comp, Chen. Excellent work. I really enjoyed it. <ok>

Postby SnookerEd25

badtemperedcyril wrote:Very enjoyable. Well done Ronnie, Chengdufan and all the fans and supporters for creating such a great atmosphere. Thanks also to John Williams for giving up his time to referee and not getting into an argument with Ronnie.

There certainly was an argument in the session I adjudicated; it even got a raised eyebrow from Steve as he came to the table and cleared with a break of 83…

Postby Dan-cat

chengdufan wrote:DAY 1: Session 3

SnookerEd25 wrote:My scores for the final, which won’t go down well:

STEVE DAVIS 7-2 RONNIE O’SULLIVAN

A 1988 Davis at, or near to, peak form dominates a petulant O’Sullivan, who would surely have put up more of a fight had he been more active during the season. That, and his running battle with referee Williams - who, according to O’Sullivan was “looking for trouble - he just wouldn’t let me play my own game out there” was no match for an ‘in-the-zone’ Davis who put frames away in almost robotic fashion.

Score: Steve Davis 17-10 Ronnie O'Sullivan

The Nugget at his peak could have easily beaten the a pre-Steve Peters Rocket (and even post, he’s had some dips in form)

Postby Andre147

It was a tight finish but in the end the greatest player of all time prevailed, rightly so. Against his childhood hero no less.

This was great fun chengdufan, really enjoyed it!