Post a reply

I have been telling you guys for years!

Postby Holden Chinaski

I posted this in 2014:
Holden Chinaski wrote:If Ronnie keeps playing like he has done these last couple of years, and he keeps himself motivated and keeps practicing, I see no reason why he couldn't break Hendry's record of 7 world titles.

I posted this in 2016:
Holden Chinaski wrote:If Ronnie keeps playing and stays hungry for titles he can break all the records. Eight world titles is possible in my opinion. But he's got to really want it and work hard...

And I posted this in 2017:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I have never, ever, stopped believing Ronnie will win seven world titles in his career. I still think he will do it. Call me crazy.

:D

Re: I have been telling you guys for years!

Postby 1892

Holden Chinaski wrote:
1892 wrote:Will he get to 8?

I say yes.

I think he will. But I'm happy with what he's achieved.

Same here, was delighted with 6. Beating Higgins and Trump on the way to 7 makes it even sweeter

Postby LC

Tbf I thought the chance had gone after the 2014 loss for 3 on the spin and number 6 and the 5 years of not making the 1 table set up seemed to confirm this, but as Ron says ppl keep writing him off and he keeps proving them wrong! 8 would be greedy now tho!!!

Postby SnookerFan

I really don't understand the people on this forum who act like he's a spent force.

It's often his own fans. It doesn't make sense to me. It seems it's the ones who like him the most are the ones who need most convincing that he's a good player.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:I really don't understand the people on this forum who act like he's a spent force.

It's often his own fans. It doesn't make sense to me. It seems it's the ones who like him the most are the ones who need most convincing that he's a good player.

I think me and you are the only people on here who believed Ronnie would win more World titles these last years.

It's amazing how many times I need to convince Ronnie fans on here that he will win a match or a tournament. He is the most successful player ever, but most of his fans think he can't pot a ball. The worst is Johnny Bravo, who calls Ronnie an idiot who plays the wrong shots during his matches only to celebrate afterward as if he knew he was going to win all along.

Postby SnookerFan

The thing is as well, and this is probably just me, but I don't understand why it matters so much.

Obviously people want their favourite player to win, but some people on here act like it's a catastrophe of the highest order if he doesn't win ranking events. He's won the loads already. If the never won another one in his career, his legacy would be secure. That was true some years ago,

And yet people on here are acting like if he doesn't win one more, it'd be the worst thing that ever happened to them.

And like you say, they do it a long time before he's finished. People have been saying it for years.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:The thing is as well, and this is probably just me, but I don't understand why it matters so much.

Obviously people want their favourite player to win, but some people on here act like it's a catastrophe of the highest order if he doesn't win ranking events. He's won the loads already. If the never won another one in his career, his legacy would be secure. That was true some years ago,

And yet people on here are acting like if he doesn't win one more, it'd be the worst thing that ever happened to them.

And like you say, they do it a long time before he's finished. People have been saying it for years.

I think this is also because of trolls like Vodka who only post here when Ronnie loses to say he will never be as good as Hendry and stuff like that. People don't want Ronnie to lose just to avoid the trolling of the anti-Ronnie crew.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:The thing is as well, and this is probably just me, but I don't understand why it matters so much.

I think this is also because of trolls like Vodka who only post here when Ronnie loses to say he will never be as good as Hendry and stuff like that. People don't want Ronnie to lose just to avoid the trolling of the anti-Ronnie crew.

Postby Holden Chinaski

vodkadiet wrote:As soon as O'Sullivan plays a top player in a world final we see what a fake G.O.A.T. he is.

O'Sullivan will never equal Hendry's 7 world titles now. This is the most damaging defeat of his career. I doubt he will make another world final.

rofl rofl :D

viewtopic.php?f=490&t=5312&start=2670#p330816

<doh> <doh>

Postby mantorok

Holden Chinaski wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:As soon as O'Sullivan plays a top player in a world final we see what a fake G.O.A.T. he is.

O'Sullivan will never equal Hendry's 7 world titles now. This is the most damaging defeat of his career. I doubt he will make another world final.

rofl rofl :D

viewtopic.php?f=490&t=5312&start=2670#p330816

<doh> <doh>

Just like all of VDs posts, that aged well rofl