Will Ding ever be World Champion?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes : 21

Re: Will Ding ever be World Champion?

Postby Vallomas

I didn't feel that he had any chance this year, he was far from his best.

But I also realise that it will be difficult to be a real contender next year... Or any year in the future...

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:I voted yes, but you missed out options for "maybe" and "I don't care"

I don't care if people care.

"I don't care and it feels so f***ng good to say I swear that I don't care"

Decent song by Cheryl Cole back in 2014. I'm not a fan of her by any means but that song was one of her very rare decent ones.

Postby snoopy2608

Sadly I don't think so - the year he lost to Trump in the semi (2011) may well have been his best chance - (in the same way White losing to Higgins in 1982)

I think Ding seems fairly content with life - his wife and daughter are far more important than his career - he has played a lot better in the last 3 tournaments (Turkey, Gibraltar and Worlds) - and could get back in top 16 if he plays enough tournaments and works hard enough.

He is 5 years younger than Robbo so there is still time...but don't think desire is there

Postby HappyCamper

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I've heard of Cheryl Cole. :D

I still blame her for Ashley Cole becoming Cashley Cole aka judas scum :wild:

Pretty sure that was just arsenal undervaluing him.

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:Rob Spencer is so bad. That’s half a ball out!

Off topic :no:

It’s a ‘no’ from me :hmmm: (to the original question)

Postby shanew48

The first thing he will have to do is manage to give a rubbish for the full 17 days, something he struggles with clearly, wouldn't completely rule it out as obviously he has the ability to win it but will take a lot for it to happen you would imagine.

Postby Wildey

Ding will win Tournaments again if he keeps the Current Standard going but no his Time has past now This will just be beyond him

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:he has 3 more attempts. He aint gonna win it in his 40's.

Agree.

But first needs to get into the Top 16, and maybe have a kind draw the first couple of rounds to ease his way through the tournament, but I believe he can do it.

Postby badtemperedcyril

HappyCamper wrote:
Iranu wrote:Rob Spencer is so bad. That’s half a ball out!

hope it doesn't cost ding a world championhsip.

It’s was disappointing to see one of the very best referees, Welshman John Pellew, working as a house steward at the Crucible. He should’ve had his white gloves on, refereeing.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

There was a World title in him but it didn't just come right for him in the years (2011 & 2017) he looked a real contender. He might get one more chance but that about it.