Post a reply

Re: Top 20 legends of snooker

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:Monique has the definition of a legend down to a te Steve isnt worthy of that we all know what he did Go to bed at half 9 with Hot coco how can anyone exaggirate or even want to exaggirate that <laugh>

seriously as well a player Steve was and hes one of the true greats of our game and a ambassador second to none but in Legend Terms sorry but he doesn't come even close to Joe and Alex.

you have not got a clue wild...................... you think cos he has a few stories about headbutting, or beating his wife, or falling from a flat window = legend <doh>

.....and for the record Hearn made Davis the cash, Higgins made snooker ripe for TV - but do not think that Davis would not have made it - cos he was born for success and Hearn propelled him on that journey. <ok>

Postby Wildey

i know Davis would no0t have made it there would have been buck all for him to make it with and Barry came in to snooker in 1974 on the back of the publicity Alex Created in Snooker <ok>
Last edited by Wildey on 04 Aug 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:i know Davis would no0t have made it there would have been buck all for him to make it will and Barry came in to snooker in 1974 on the back of the publicity Alex Created in Snooker <ok>

<doh>

All the more surprising you never went to the funeral <laugh>

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:i know Davis would no0t have made it there would have been buck all for him to make it will and Barry came in to snooker in 1974 on the back of the publicity Alex Created in Snooker <ok>

<doh>

All the more surprising you never went to the funeral <laugh>

the fear of Water and Flying held me back from going :)

been off these shores once in 1984 and i was physically sick 2 days i was due to fly home ive never risked going anywhere again that hasent got tarmac back to my house lol

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
Monique wrote:Legend: a person whose fame or notoriety makes him a source of exaggerated or romanticized tales or exploits ...

Yes, I agree Alex Higgins is the legend of snooker. ;)

Steve <cool>

I don't think Steve exploits are romanticed or exagerated... :ahh:

Do Steve Davis' achievements need to be exaggerated?

The point is they are both legends, debating which one is more legendary is somewhat like debating which would hurt more, a broken leg or a broken arm?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Monique wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
Monique wrote:Legend: a person whose fame or notoriety makes him a source of exaggerated or romanticized tales or exploits ...

Yes, I agree Alex Higgins is the legend of snooker. ;)

Steve <cool>

I don't think Steve exploits are romanticed or exagerated... :ahh:

Do Steve Davis' achievements need to be exaggerated?

The point is they are both legends, debating which one is more legendary is somewhat like debating which would hurt more, a broken leg or a broken arm?

thats the point of this thread <doh>

when you start to rank them like witz has with this thread then its a debate..

what the hell is the point of forums without debating and putting points over.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:1 Alex Higgins
2 Joe Davis
3 Steve Davis
4 Stephen Hendry
5 Ray Reardon
6 Jimmy White
7 Cliff Thorburn
8 Fred Davis
9 Ronnie O'Sullivan
10 John Spencer
11 John Pullman
12 Eddie Charlton
13 John Higgins
14 Mark Williams
15 Terry Griffiths
16 Dennis Taylor
17 John Parrott
18 Tony Knowles
19 Kirk Stevens
20 Doug Mountjoy

for what its worth i have Cliff Wilson at 21 it was a toss up with mountjoy for 20th.

:bump:

Postby Wildey

HOLY rubbish Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:54 pm :dizzy: